+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 186 FirstFirst ... 31323334353637383940414243444546474849505191141 ... LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Tom Cruise & Katie Holmes

aga
    FORTified
    Forget discussing your business with a movie star and get to your doctor. And as far as your pediatrician, I wouldn't think that discussing your own health with your babies doctor would be very productive. Most doctors would hesitate to get in to your health problems with you.
    The problem is that many of these women do not realize that they have a physical or mental problem and therefore are suffering in silence rather than seeking medical treatment.

Brooke Shields is not inviting people to stop her on the street, rather she is raising awareness that there is a problem out there and you should seek treatment. Can you imagine being a mother who desperately wanted a baby, and lo and behold the child is here and you have no connection to it and even worse you want to harm yourself or your baby?

I think the idea of pediatrician's asking the mother one or two questions about her well being is an excellent idea. I know that mothers receive postnatal care, but not as frequently as well baby care, so a pediatrician could and should take all of one minute to inquire about the mother's health and if something is not right, recommend that she see her primary care physician, OB/GYN or psychiatrist.
    "We all know that we're going to get beat tonight." - Melrose (ANTM Cycle 7) when Monique gets eliminated from the CoverGirl / Queen Latifah challenge.

"Hi pretty lady...and Tyra." - Heather (ANTM Cycle 9)

There is a rumour floating out there in cyber land, that Tom Cruise and Rob Thomas were caught in bed together, and discovered by Rob Thomas's wife. Hence the fast Katie Holmes thing to do damage control in case word got out. Of course, Tom likes to sue people, so this has no basis in fact, and is just a big lie. Right. I'm not gay either.

Okay Lotus I will skip on your post as it's over my head (or not)

Anyway, I wanted to say when I had P.P.D I did not want to hurt myself or my baby. I wanted to sleep forever (she was 5 months old)

My confusion was no one knew what I was talking about when I was talking about how this "thing" hit me. I could not, did not, want to get out of bed and function. I just wanted to sleep forever. I knew something was wrong but, I could not figure it out. It was TERRIFYING. I tried to verbalize my fears to friends and family but, could not. I thought PPD was something a woman experienced after just the first few weeks after child birth. I did not know I could have this up TO ONE YEAR.........so, at 5 months my daughter was when I was diagnosed was a big relief! I'd never suffered from depression and was so ? messed up over it. (too bad my dr. I'd had since 11 years old gave me the wrong drug)
    Anyway, I love Brooke Shields for standing up to Tom Cruise and if she helps save one life, then it's all worth it. I think she's going to help a lot of women.

Bravo to her.

I think T.C is a great actor. PERIOD.

So far as all this crap goes he's a jerk.

has he gone through this? NO!
    I don't know why he is destroying himself. He was so well liked. Too bad.
    maybe he needs some Paxil......

eta

In England (when I had my daughter 19 years ago) so not sure what the laws are now and thinking someone will correct me here)
    if a woman kills her child within one year of the birth of the child - she will be charged with manslaughter ONLY due to having PPD.......
    Obviously this is from case to case but, bottom line. A woman in the UK could get off easy if they murdered their child because PPD is so recognized there.
    Last edited by JamiLee; 07-02-2005 at 10:09 PM.
    The Pats will be back next year. Watch out.....

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    LOS ANGELES: Without a relationship, Tom Cruise finds sex confusing. According to Newsweek, the actor, who has managed to keep himself in the news continuously for two months or so, told the German magazine Bild that he enjoys sex.

"Sex is great if you are in a relationship, otherwise I find sex actually not so interesting. Without a relationship it is confusing," Cruise was quoted as saying.

Cruise also commented on his 26-year-old fiancée Katie Holmes: "Our chemistry has clicked. We are alike. I believe I have found the right one. And I want more children."

Touching on deeper topics like death and mortality, Cruise added: "The exterior is only one covering. I believe in rebirth. I do not have a fear of life or death."
    Link

Quote Originally Posted by Lotuslander
    There is a rumour floating out there in cyber land, that Tom Cruise and Rob Thomas were caught in bed together, and discovered by Rob Thomas's wife. Hence the fast Katie Holmes thing to do damage control in case word got out. Of course, Tom likes to sue people, so this has no basis in fact, and is just a big lie. Right. I'm not gay either.
    I heard this rumor, too. Of course, that was years ago, and it was about Mick Jagger and some other guy getting caught in bed by (Mick's then-wife) Jerry Hall.

Fort Member
    It was Mick Jagger and David Bowie and it was David's then wife Angie (Mick wrote the song about her) that caught them. It was back in the 70s.

According to "We know it's hard to be apart, but c'mon...under gossip in local paper..
    Since Katie Holmes hooked up with Tom Cruise and the Scientologists, she's not allowed to be alone---ever. When Holmes accompanied Cruise to a recent taping of "The View", eyebrows were raided when she wasn't allowed to go to the bathroom alone. At one point, Cruise asked where the bathroom was and "took Katie with him into the men's room," an insider told the New York Post. Later, when Holmes needed to go "three Scientologists followed her in." A rep for the show said, "We don't follow guests to the bathroom."
    Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day---Harry S. Truman

Quote Originally Posted by Lucynda
    It was Mick Jagger and David Bowie and it was David's then wife Angie (Mick wrote the song about her) that caught them. It was back in the 70s.
    Oh, okay. I knew it was Mick and somebody. This new rumor just sounded sooo familiar.

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferInCO
    I heard this rumor, too. Of course, that was years ago, and it was about Mick Jagger and some other guy getting caught in bed by (Mick's then-wife) Jerry Hall.
    I didn't want to open that can of worms, since the site who originally printed the Rob Thomas corellation did a quick retraction, but enough people read it beforehand. I think we must hang out at the same site
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

Quote Originally Posted by Texicana
    I didn't want to open that can of worms, since the site who originally printed the Rob Thomas corellation did a quick retraction, but enough people read it beforehand. I think we must hang out at the same site
    And here I had completely missed that rumor. Not that I would have believed it for a second... but I missed it.

I need to surf the web more, apparently. Heh.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

+ Reply to Thread