+ Reply to Thread
Page 183 of 186 FirstFirst ... 83133173174175176177178179180181182183184185186 LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,830 of 1858
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Tom Cruise & Katie Holmes

Re: Tom Cruise & Katie Holmes

Suri will be going to Catholic School. It's on MSN homepage. Sounds like breaking world altering news to me.

Take it for what it's worth, but this one small fact seems to back up speculation about the divorce, both the reason for it & the fact that she must have something on either Tom or Scientology, or both.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

I doubt very much she has something on either Tom or Scientology .Smarter people that Katie Holmes have been into scientology - some have spoken out , some haven't. As for catholic school good luck to her, someoene did a link for these two religions, not a lot fof difference. I am sure her dad will be very pleased though
    bee stung lips likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I doubt very much she has something on either Tom or Scientology .Smarter people that Katie Holmes have been into scientology - some have spoken out , some haven't. As for catholic school good luck to her, someoene did a link for these two religions, not a lot fof difference. I am sure her dad will be very pleased though
    What she has is her first hand experience of watching Connor and Isabella cut their mother almost completely out of their lives and be immersed in Scientology. She did not want that for Suri and it seems Tom went along with her wishes and very quickly. He wanted this behind him as much as she did. I am sure he told the leader of S to let her go and keep your distance. They don't need any more negative publicity. Katie is too high profile for them to come after her anyway.

She has sole custody, as we know, and time will tell just how much Tom is in her life and under what circumstances.

I do think she may have something on him. Not that he is gay. The control he exerted and things like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    What she has is her first hand experience of watching Connor and Isabella cut their mother almost completely out of their lives and be immersed in Scientology. She did not want that for Suri and it seems Tom went along with her wishes and very quickly. He wanted this behind him as much as she did. I am sure he told the leader of S to let her go and keep your distance. They don't need any more negative publicity. Katie is too high profile for them to come after her anyway.

She has sole custody, as we know, and time will tell just how much Tom is in her life and under what circumstances.

I do think she may have something on him. Not that he is gay. The control he exerted and things like that.
    I am not buying it. As I said before, I didnt know who Holmes was before TC married her, I dont think she is much of an actress myself.She isnt a victim in this.I have read and heard the opposite about their adopted children Conner an Isabella.- ( although none of us know the truth) none of us .

We have to agree to disagree, I think Holmes came out smelling like a rose. Suri is the one that is lucky to have TWO loving parents, and she will never go without.
    -Andy Rooney-

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post

We have to agree to disagree, I think Holmes came out smelling like a rose. Suri is the one that is lucky to have TWO loving parents, and she will never go without.
    On a somewhat related note: if the tabloid shows are to be believed, Suri hasn't seen her father since father's day. Really sad if true. I can't imagine what the kid would be thinking and wondering about where her father is, why she hasn't seen him etc.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

I had no idea Katie and Tom split, I was away at the lake with no internet for two weeks and came back to the news.

I say good for her. She recognized there were obviously insurmountable problems in her marriage and she took steps to remove herself and her daughter from it. I have no trouble believing that she knew next to nothing about Scientology when she was woo'd by Cruise. After they married, things may have changed drastically for her. I remember seeing a photo of her relatively early in their marriage, and she looked so very sad. She was being following closely by her 'handler' - a person in the religion who apparently stays with new recruits 24/7. Why? Who knows, but how weird is that. If she married him with stars in her eyes, and then realized after the fact how different life was being married to a person that powerful and that involved in what many consider almost a cult, then she did the right thing removing herself and her daughter, IMO.

Just because someone is an actor and paid millions of dollars and obviously wields a fair amount of power, doesn't make them a catch or a healthy person to be married to. She didn't have foresight, and like millions of women before her and sadly millions after her, she realized after the wedding that she had made a mistake. I applaud her courage and I respect her decision to make a new life for herself and her daughter.
    prhoshay likes this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I guarantee you Katie has some kind of leverage in this divorce. Tom is not just being benevolent. I'd say she left him, somewhat, shaken.

And it wouldn't surprise me if Suri hadn't seen her dad since Father's Day. He's still a hot commodity in the movie world, and has to be on location(s).
    canadian_angel likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

From what I've read they have spent hours chatting via video skype. He's in Iceland on location. It sounds like they are keeping in touch like many do when parents and children are separated.
    canadian_angel likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    On a somewhat related note: if the tabloid shows are to be believed, Suri hasn't seen her father since father's day. Really sad if true. I can't imagine what the kid would be thinking and wondering about where her father is, why she hasn't seen him etc.
    That's too bad. One thing he has been , is a good father .Oh well Suri's loss, it will be funny if Suri decides when she is older to do what she wants, and ends up with Tom. Holmes father would have cow man.
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I guarantee you Katie has some kind of leverage in this divorce. Tom is not just being benevolent. I'd say she left him, somewhat, shaken.

And it wouldn't surprise me if Suri hadn't seen her dad since Father's Day. He's still a hot commodity in the movie world, and has to be on location(s).
    They're also not just "regular people divorcing", they're celebrities and whether we know it or not they're also playing to us. We're the ones who will continue to bank roll their livelihoods and I have no doubt Tom's team is keenly aware of that. Especially with all of the anti-Scientology gaining traction.

+ Reply to Thread