+ Reply to Thread
Page 181 of 186 FirstFirst ... 81131171172173174175176177178179180181182183184185186 LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,810 of 1858
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Tom Cruise & Katie Holmes

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

I'm so tired of seeing Katie being portrayed as some sort of victim in all this. She went into her marriage to Tom with her eyes wide open, knowing full well he was into scientology. So for her to now come acting like Tom's religious affiliation is just something that just sprung up out of nowhere and she had no choice but to "escape" unsuspectingly for the safety of her and her daughter, is just silly.
    captain likes this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    I'm so tired of seeing Katie being portrayed as some sort of victim in all this. She went into her marriage to Tom with her eyes wide open, knowing full well he was into scientology. So for her to now come acting like Tom's religious affiliation is just something that just sprung up out of nowhere and she had no choice but to "escape" unsuspectingly for the safety of her and her daughter, is just silly.
    I agree 100%
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    Now, see, I don't really agree. Wasn't Katie just 21 when she married this "fantasy"? This was a fantasy she had lived with for several years. And, even if she was older than 21, we (women) have ways of fantasizing about our weddings and marriages, thinking that "our love can conquer all". A lot of times you do not know what you've gotten youself into until you are entertwined in it; sometimes things look totally different from the inside than they do from the outside. How long did they date and how long were they engaged? At 21, you're still playing "Barbie and Ken" in your mind; in fact, well into your 20s, you're probably still there.
    mom2 likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Now, see, I don't really agree. Wasn't Katie just 21 when she married this "fantasy"? This was a fantasy she had lived with for several years. And, even if she was older than 21, we (women) have ways of fantasizing about our weddings and marriages, thinking that "our love can conquer all". A lot of times you do not know what you've gotten youself into until you are entertwined in it; sometimes things look totally different from the inside than they do from the outside. How long did they date and how long were they engaged? At 21, you're still playing "Barbie and Ken" in your mind; in fact, well into your 20s, you're probably still there.
    She hasn't been 21 forever.
    J.D. likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Twenty-one years old is an adult. Not a child by any means. As far as living in a fantasy over engagements, weddings etc., most women do that regardless of what age they are. But they don't get a pass for being so caught up in a fantasy that they made the wrong decision. I'm all about self-accountability. Make a mistake, start over again. Everyone gets that chance, yes. My problem is with everyone acting like she's such a victim.

And like Fanny Mare stated, she wasn't twenty-one forever. She stuck with it for what, eight years?

FORT Fanatic

Actually, she was 28. To me, that's not young. That said, I think someone with the charisma of Tom Cruise could have swept her off of her feet and if Scientology is into mind control, like I keep reading it is, then he would know exactly what to say to her to bring her around to his way of thinking (I know nothing of the organization, so I can't make a judgment call on it). Do I think she's a victim? No. But after a couple of years she probably realized that her life was just a facade and she was living a nightmare from which she wanted to escape.

I think its a combination of both. She knew what he was about but she also had this fantasy about THE TOM CRUISE! She probably didn't think he was that serious about scientology or its not that bad to be one etc..... Don't they say you can be any religion and still be a scientologist?
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

The only victim here is poor, little darling Suri.

She was 27 when she married him - plenty old enough to know what was what (though she was plenty old enough at 21 as well as far as I'm concerned). I was well into the first year of my second marriage and my first mortgage by the time I was 27. Perhaps she should been thinking beyond the end of her...nose.
    bee stung lips likes this.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Tom Cruise & Katie Holmes

How many people look heavily into the religion of somebody that they are about to marry, but decided to just go along with whatever he/she is doing...especially with somebody like Tom Cruise? Many young women are just tickled to be getting married. I think the 20s are too young to be tying down your life like that, anyway. They just can't believe their LUCK!! I think they should still be exploring their options. In my 20s, now that I look back, I was still growing up. I was not a sheltered child, but I was also not just thrown to the wolves, either. I had had some life experiences, but not nearly enough to, comfortably, jump off into what you think will be a life commitment. I knew so much more later on, and was much more comfortable and confident in myself. I would have been so miserable had I married in my 20s, or before. As it was, it wasn't even that great in my 30s! And I can't imagine having been married to a man who was significantly older than I was. The 3 year age difference was bad enough.

You are still an idiot at 21, that's for sure, and you're not much further down the road at 27.

I don't say that Katie was a victim, but I'd say she bought "a pig in a poke". I think she has probably learned a huge lesson. I think she lost herself in this relationship, but, hopefully, she'll never do that again. She ran for a reason.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread