+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Tom Cruise & Katie Holmes

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Since all of this Tom-Katie mess has been going on it was said, on some show or another, that Nicole seldom sees her children she has with Tom, and I think they have joint custody....not a good sign. THAT is something for Katie to be very concerned about when it comes to custody issues. Tom is the powerhouse moneyman in that duo, and that is a significant concern.

Tom was a big mistake for, at least, 3 women that we know of. Everybody seems to find a reason to "get the hell out of Dodge!" I can't help but wonder if the women have all been the ones to bring the divorce actions. I'm guessing "yes".

The term "live and learn" was coined for a reason.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Re: Tom Cruise & Katie Holmes

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    But in all honesty cannot this be said of all religions, they all have specific beliefs and not everyone belives in the same ones?
    Yes, very much .
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

To hear most people talk, you'd think Tom Cruise has ALWAYS been a Scientologist. He was actually raised Catholic. It was Mimi Rogers who introduced him to the "religion". Maybe it doesn't matter how he came to it since he has already had so much of their Kool-Aid.

His marriage to Rogers (who kept the last name of her first husband) lasted 3 years and his marriage to Nicole also lasted 3 years - which makes his six year marriage to Katie his best so far.

Rogers has been with her new SO (Chris Caffia) since 1990 (married since 2003) and Nicole is in her 6th year of wedded bliss to Keith Urban. Don't know who Chris Caffia so I don't have an opinion, but I can definitely say that Nicole traded up!!!

As for visitation rights for Suri, I think she needs to see both parents so as to not feel abandoned. If that means supervised visits, so be it.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

CCL

Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman were married for 10 years.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Each of the women asked for divorce at the age of 33. That's pretty interesting, I think.

I do feel it has a lot to do with Scientology.
    I think it's anybody's business to pursue their beliefs. However, he has been very vocal about his particular church being the right / only way to go.
    In my mind, that is wrong. I think these women probably felt that way, as well.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Fort Member

I thought Tom was the one who actually filed for divorce from Nicole.
    The rumour at the time was that if the marriage went over 10 years he would have to pay her more so he filed just short of the 10 years
    She had miscarried and alot of the rumours regarding why they split had to do with him not believing the child was his and that even during the divorce proceedings she offered DNA to prove it was his
    Not sure how much of it all was true but the Australian press had a field day at the time and i am certain they reported Cruise as the instigator of the divorce and Nicole as the unsuspecting wife of a cruel husband who didnt even give her time to grieve the loss of her child before asking for a divorce and accusing her of being unfaithful
    Thats just what the Australian press are like alot is just a guess and reported in a way to make one party the good guy the other bad especially if one is an Australian and the other not
    The only part i think is true is the ten year bit as they did go to court to try and determine if it had been ten years or a couple of weeks shy of ten so he would not have to pay her more as per the prenup

I remember reading about the 10 year thing too with Tom/Nicole. There was more to back it up than just speculation.
    I often wondered if she stayed with him as a career boost. Nicole was just another relatively unknown actress when she married Tom. He, on the other hand, had a lot of Hollywood clout. Enough to get her movie parts & get her noticed. Her career flourished during their marriage & it wasn't until she was a bonified star that they divorced.

Katie, on the other hand, had a decent career & was well regarded before the divorce. During their marriage her career receeded until she became just Tom's young wife & mother to his child, & tabloid fodder because of both.
    I hope she's able to get her career back on track & get her beautiful smile back. She's looked so sad for so long.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    I remember reading about the 10 year thing too with Tom/Nicole. There was more to back it up than just speculation.
    I often wondered if she stayed with him as a career boost. Nicole was just another relatively unknown actress when she married Tom. He, on the other hand, had a lot of Hollywood clout. Enough to get her movie parts & get her noticed. Her career flourished during their marriage & it wasn't until she was a bonified star that they divorced.

Katie, on the other hand, had a decent career & was well regarded before the divorce. During their marriage her career receeded until she became just Tom's young wife & mother to his child, & tabloid fodder because of both.
    I hope she's able to get her career back on track & get her beautiful smile back. She's looked so sad for so long.
    She definitely became more well known while they were married - in large part because she was married to him. She did Moulin Rouge right before they divorced - because I think there was a lot of speculation about her and Ewan MacGregor. But her career really took off after they divorced - that's when Moulin Rouge came out and that's when she did The Hours. She won the Oscar the year after she was divorced. He definitely wants to be the bigger star in the relationship and wants to have control. I have read that he was very involved in Katie's career - telling her to turn down the Batman sequel in order to do a show on Broadway. Wonder if he ever allows his spouse to voice an opinion on the movies he does? Of course, it takes two to tango. I would never let someone make a decision for me - input, sure, but the final decision is always mine when it involves my career.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    Do they? She lives in Tennessee and they live in California. She could have easily made her home in California (her new husband not having other children tying him to Tennessee), where her children were, but chose not to; there was definitely something up with that (in my opinion). I recall reading an article somewhere with the daughter that said she wasn't very close to her mother as she didn't see her very often, but still loved her etc.

I'm uneasy with the whole pressure in society for gay celebrities to come out. If people don't want to, they shouldn't be forced to by magazines or websites threatening or pressuring them (which they do). People have the right to have private lives. I understand the idea of being a role model but, honestly, I don't think it will make life for a bullied gay teen that much easier to know that there are successful gay celebrities out there; bullied teens are so concentrated in their own pressure-filled world, they need direct help there, not from Hollywood glitterati whose words probably won't have real personal impact for them. And I don't think Cooper, or any celebrity's coming out, will necessarily change the opinions of people who believe homosexuality is wrong (though maybe it will, and that would be good).
    This I agree with 100%. It is a personal decision for each person - because they have to live with the consequences of that decision. I applaud those who come out and I do think as more and more people do it, maybe there is hope it will become more mainstream and not such a reason to bully. That being said, no one should be forced to come out.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman were married for 10 years.
    You are correct. My mistake - looked at too many websites with different dates and well . . . I suck at math!

You could argue that Nicole (being Catholic) was never really "married" to Tom (being a Scientologist) since their union would not have been blessed by her church.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

+ Reply to Thread