+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Tom Cruise & Katie Holmes

Re: Tom Cruise & Katie Holmes

Quote Originally Posted by PugMum;3269614;
    NO WAY would I EVER join that cult or ANY cult. I am ANTI tiny tommy and his fake wife.
    IMO he writes off all of his big ticketitems as belonging to the cult. Also by NOT putting things in his name kh can't touch them when her contract ends.
    I realized after I posted that I left out another option (probably more than one), and that maybe I misread your post and you weren't supporting Scientology.

I apoligize.

I did some reading up on Scientology recently, and it only confirmed my gut instinct from years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;3269493;
    Public Service Announcement: Scientology is a cult. Yes, a very financially successful cult, but a cult, nonetheless.
    But in all honesty cannot this be said of all religions, they all have specific beliefs and not everyone belives in the same ones?
    There's no place like home!

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;3269581;
    I don't know that his success is that mysterious. He was popular before he went all whacko in public. He was everywhere in the 80's, not that I was a fan. I do know what you mean about the cult now. He seems to be more of a joke, yet seems to be making big bucks for movies that no one likes or wants to see. I think he is more of a train wreck now.
    I agree. I actually liked him back in the Top Gun/Cocktail days. I even overlooked the Scientology initially - I have never agreed with it, but it didn't keep me from watching his movies. It was when he started spouting off publicly that everyone should believe as he does and all the nonsense about Brooke Shields that really impaired my ability to watch his movies without my negative opinion of him as a person affecting my opinion of his films.

Quote Originally Posted by captain;3269950;
    But in all honesty cannot this be said of all religions, they all have specific beliefs and not everyone belives in the same ones?
    Yes. I don't wish to go into detail about how each and every religion appears to me, so just...yes.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;3269990;
    I agree. I actually liked him back in the Top Gun/Cocktail days. I even overlooked the Scientology initially - I have never agreed with it, but it didn't keep me from watching his movies. It was when he started spouting off publicly that everyone should believe as he does and all the nonsense about Brooke Shields that really impaired my ability to watch his movies without my negative opinion of him as a person affecting my opinion of his films.
    I have never been a huge fan. His early movies were pretty good, but I've never thought him to be a good actor. (Don't get me started on Mission Impossible.) But he really started losing me when he dumped Nicole Kidman. Not that I was a big fan of hers either, but the way he handled that breakup just turned me off, and everything he's done since has made me like him even less. I don't watch anything he's in anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by captain;3269950;
    I think WikiAnswers actually has a surprisingly decent answer to this, even though it was just slapped up there by some random member:
    WikiAnswers - What is the difference between a cult and a religion

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3271650;
    I think WikiAnswers actually has a surprisingly decent answer to this, even though it was just slapped up there by some random member:
    WikiAnswers - What is the difference between a cult and a religion
    I went and read the above. Some of the definition could be any church, but I digress from the original thread and had better stop while I am ahead.
    There's no place like home!

a jumble of useless facts gracie's Avatar

Mark this under stupid things celebrities do.

Katie Holmes' brother-in-law died and it was on yesterday's news that she was going home to Toledo for the funeral. Then there was speculation on whether Tom and Suri would be accompanying her on the trip. What a way to guarantee having photographers and nuts at what should be a private family time.
    There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home. -Ken Olsen

Wonder if Katie and Tom will have more kids?

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Blues Songstres;3270350;
    I have never been a huge fan. His early movies were pretty good, but I've never thought him to be a good actor. (Don't get me started on Mission Impossible.) But he really started losing me when he dumped Nicole Kidman. Not that I was a big fan of hers either, but the way he handled that breakup just turned me off, and everything he's done since has made me like him even less. I don't watch anything he's in anymore.
    Exactly my thoughts. I did enjoy seeing him in the last samurai and vanilla sky. Unfortunately they're the last movies of him I'll ever watch. I've turned to the Jolie-Pitts full time, equal (Brad's) and perhaps better (Angelina's) in talents and well-grounded. They're much more enjoyable to follow.

+ Reply to Thread