+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Tom Cruise & Katie Holmes

Re: Tom Cruise & Katie Holmes

From your lips to God's ears CRTW. I haven't seen one of his movies in so long for that one reason. If we stop idolizing a horrible actor, maybe he'll get the hint and go away!
    Yup, with donuts!!

The History Channel recently aired a very well made documentary about the plot to kill Hitler. It even had a bit at the end about the making of the movie. I decided that nothing Tom Cruise could scrape together could be better than the documentary, so I'm going to skip Valkyrie. I may rent it when it comes out on DVD but I'd rather see Revolutionary Road or Milk right now. At least there would be real acting in both of those movies.

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3268507;
    From your lips to God's ears CRTW. I haven't seen one of his movies in so long for that one reason. If we stop idolizing a horrible actor, maybe he'll get the hint and go away!

After seeing what he did on the Today Show a few weeks ago, it is apparent that he does not know how to take a hint!

Public Service Announcement: Scientology is a cult. Yes, a very financially successful cult, but a cult, nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;3269493;
    Public Service Announcement: Scientology is a cult. Yes, a very financially successful cult, but a cult, nonetheless.

Exactly. Any "religion" that tells you to cut ties with family if they aren't a part of it is a cult.

[QUOTE=dagwood;3269503;]Exactly. Any "religion" that tells you to cut ties with family if they aren't a part of it is a cult. [/QUOTE
    I am thinking that this is why people are not buying into Tom Cruise's mysterious success, although I think much of the lack of acceptance is at a deeper subconscious level. Ugh, I'm having trouble explaining my thoughts. I don't think that Scientology's promises are working for Tom Cruise, in the real world, even though he is raking in mega-$$$. KWIM?

FORT Fogey

Is he racking in the big bucks or is the chult helping him stretch his dollar by allowing him to get tax free status on his many houses and private jets and jet fuel and private guards etc etc.?

Are you a member, PugMum? Or playing devil's advocate for the sake of discussion?

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;3269532;
    I am thinking that this is why people are not buying into Tom Cruise's mysterious success, although I think much of the lack of acceptance is at a deeper subconscious level. Ugh, I'm having trouble explaining my thoughts. I don't think that Scientology's promises are working for Tom Cruise, in the real world, even though he is raking in mega-$$$. KWIM?
    I don't know that his success is that mysterious. He was popular before he went all whacko in public. He was everywhere in the 80's, not that I was a fan. I do know what you mean about the cult now. He seems to be more of a joke, yet seems to be making big bucks for movies that no one likes or wants to see. I think he is more of a train wreck now.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;3269570;
    Are you a member, PugMum? Or playing devil's advocate for the sake of discussion?
    NO WAY would I EVER join that cult or ANY cult. I am ANTI tiny tommy and his fake wife.
    IMO he writes off all of his big ticketitems as belonging to the cult. Also by NOT putting things in his name kh can't touch them when her contract ends.

+ Reply to Thread