+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Tom Cruise & Katie Holmes

FORT Fogey

Re: Tom Cruise & Katie Holmes

Today was just another installment to the tom cruise INFOMERCIAL 2008.

Is it me or is Tom looking very thin? I don't pay much attention to him in general but I saw a still from that Today interview and his jawline was so pronounced. Not that he was fat before, but he just looks a lot thinner than he was the last time I saw a picture of him.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

There was a time when I looked at Tom Cruise and thought "decent actor and good looking too". Now I look at him and think "what a creep". Too bad they couldn't find somebody else to play the role of the German general who is a national hero. I can't imagine the Germans are delighted that the first time this story is really highlighted with a big movie project all they get is Tom Cruise and his enormous ego.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy;3252424;
    There was a time when I looked at Tom Cruise and thought "decent actor and good looking too". Now I look at him and think "what a creep". Too bad they couldn't find somebody else to play the role of the German general who is a national hero. I can't imagine the Germans are delighted that the first time this story is really highlighted with a big movie project all they get is Tom Cruise and his enormous ego.
    Especially when its the sort of movie where the buzz and discussion SHOULD be "Did you know this happened in history?" but instead, due to the star, the buzz is all "What a risk it was for Tom Cruise to do this!" I can't stand George Clooney, and think he's got an ego the size of Jupiter, but even he was classy enough when promoting Good Night and Good Luck to make the promotion about history and not about him!

I can't stand Tom Cruise as an actor, before and after the craziness. He has one mad face... and an acting range from A to B to paraphrase Dorothy Parker.

However, I will go see the movie because it has Kenneth Branagh and Bill Nighy in it.
    Reality leaves a lot to the imagination. ~John Lennon

Write for HubPages.

Quote Originally Posted by sukee;3253306;
    I can't stand Tom Cruise as an actor, before and after the craziness. He has one mad face... and an acting range from A to B to paraphrase Dorothy Parker.

However, I will go see the movie because it has Kenneth Branagh and Bill Nighy in it.
    Sukee, good analysis of his acting range.
    I've never understood the attraction for him, but I kind of feel sorry for him at this point. He's just a sad caricature of his former self.

He's so close to being another Keanu Reeves it's ridiculous! His roles are all exactly the same. He must be the most boring person to hang out with.
    Yup, with donuts!!

I saw Valkeyrie and thought the movie was good. TC was okay, not bad but he would have been better if he had deveoped a German accent for the role. I never thought TC was is that good of an actor, still don't. His roles are nearly all the same, his acting style, Julia Roberts too, amazing she won an Oscar.

My son and DIL saw Valkyrie and were disappointed, especially with TC. According to my son, you could have changed the costume and dropped him into Top Gun, changed him again and dropped him into Rain Man, and not notice the difference in voice. Such a shame that is seems like some movies are cast based on who will bring in the money and not on who will do the best job with the part. Of course, I haven't seen it so I can't judge for myself.
    I never met a piece of chocolate I didn't like.

Quote Originally Posted by SR5Rfan;3268339;
    My son and DIL saw Valkyrie and were disappointed, especially with TC. According to my son, you could have changed the costume and dropped him into Top Gun, changed him again and dropped him into Rain Man, and not notice the difference in voice. Such a shame that is seems like some movies are cast based on who will bring in the money and not on who will do the best job with the part. Of course, I haven't seen it so I can't judge for myself.
    I'm just waiting for his movies to stop bringing in the money. Then maybe we won't have to see as much of him.

+ Reply to Thread