+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Tom Cruise & Katie Holmes

Re: Tom Cruise & Katie Holmes

I saw a repeat interview of Katie today on "Regis and Kelly" and she looked good. She was promoting her movie "Mad Money." Tom was mentioned but not in that fanatical way that he has when he talks about their relationship. She said they spent time with her parents over Christmas. I hope that's true.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;2848813;
    I saw a repeat interview of Katie today on "Regis and Kelly" and she looked good. She was promoting her movie "Mad Money." Tom was mentioned but not in that fanatical way that he has when he talks about their relationship. She said they spent time with her parents over Christmas. I hope that's true.
    I don't believe a word from either KH or tc unless picture are shown for proof. Connor and Bella were said to be with their mother in Australia for the holidays NOT in Colorado. I did see pics of NK and her kids from a foreign gossip site at the beginning of Jan. to back that.
    And that bit about the NYC Marathon. HA! Too many holes in her story that prove she did NOT really complete the full 26.2 miles.

Stumbled on this:

Ex-Scientology Kids

A careful reading of the site, and who runs it and why, should put to bed a lot of the grumbling from those who think there's an over-reaction going on towards Scientology. When its just a bunch of creepy Internet kids wearing Guy Fawkes masks and a guy nicknamed after the fact that he has a beard who are the visible opponents, you can't blame folks for thinking the whole anti-Scientology campaign is a joke. But when you get people like these three, who are credible but also once deeply enmeshed in the madness, then its much harder to tune it out. Along with Operation Clambake and Xenu TV, this is probably a good site to show to anyone you know who thinks this is all some huge blown out of proportion Internet prank, who don't understand or believe it really IS a cult.

They've got forums too, and all three ladies post there, although it seems like Kendra Wiseman, the least well known of the three of them, is the major driving force.

It makes me wonder how much longer the Hollywood Scientologists (I mean more the ones on the level of Jenna Elfman or Leah Remini or Jason Lee than Tom Cruise) can maintain their apparent willful ignorance of what the REST of the people in the "religion", who aren't pampered as they are, go through.

Completely separate from that, but also of interest, is this: A Heartbreaking Tale from D.C. THE WOG BLOG from XENU TV

The lady in the video is a bit disjointed, a bit hard to listen to at times, but you have to figure being raised in Scientology, she's not exactly well equipped to talk to normal human beings. But its not HOW she's saying what she's saying, but WHAT, that's interesting.
    Last edited by Krom; 03-23-2008 at 02:31 AM.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;2862641;
    Stumbled on this:

Ex-Scientology Kids

A careful reading of the site, and who runs it and why, should put to bed a lot of the grumbling from those who think there's an over-reaction going on towards Scientology. When its just a bunch of creepy Internet kids wearing Guy Fawkes masks and a guy nicknamed after the fact that he has a beard who are the visible opponents, you can't blame folks for thinking the whole anti-Scientology campaign is a joke. But when you get people like these three, who are credible but also once deeply enmeshed in the madness, then its much harder to tune it out. Along with Operation Clambake and Xenu TV, this is probably a good site to show to anyone you know who thinks this is all some huge blown out of proportion Internet prank, who don't understand or believe it really IS a cult.

They've got forums too, and all three ladies post there, although it seems like Kendra Wiseman, the least well known of the three of them, is the major driving force.

It makes me wonder how much longer the Hollywood Scientologists (I mean more the ones on the level of Jenna Elfman or Leah Remini or Jason Lee than Tom Cruise) can maintain their apparent willful ignorance of what the REST of the people in the "religion", who aren't pampered as they are, go through.

Completely separate from that, but also of interest, is this: A Heartbreaking Tale from D.C. « THE WOG BLOG from XENU TV

The lady in the video is a bit disjointed, a bit hard to listen to at times, but you have to figure being raised in Scientology, she's not exactly well equipped to talk to normal human beings. But its not HOW she's saying what she's saying, but WHAT, that's interesting.
    Oh i've read all kinds of bad stuff on scientology. they just take your money then when there isn't anymore they kick out,want nothing to do with you. therefore easy for the stars like tom and john travolta, kirst ally, lisa marie presley, all to stay with it and say oh it saved me. if you have enough money anyone can and will get you help and make you believe they saved you. keep the money coming, we'll help you. one story was about a wealthy doctor he was dumb enough to keep giving them money. when it ran out sure enough they didn't want anything to do with anymore and made up some sort of garbage on him to humiliate him and get out. i personally think this so called religion is a joke. scientology sounds less like religion to me and more like just a scam. go to a shrink, they charge less.
    anyone think there is any truth to the news lately. tom and katie in the tabloids again. she walking out on him and going back LA. they say he is too controlling, DUH, what was your first clue. he just has that controlling look to him. katie didn't see that? she is a bad judge of charactor then. i've never been a tom cruise fan. he's short, cocky, and yeah i saw the control freak factor in him.
    Last edited by summertv08; 08-12-2008 at 11:02 AM.
    We represent the Lollipop Guild, The Lollipop Guild, The Lollipop Guild
    And in the name of the Lollypop Guild,
    We wish to welcome you to Muchkinland.

He's even more freaky when you look at the difference in Katie when she's on her own to when she's with him. Like the whole thing where Tom's walking her to rehearsals. Does she really need his death grip to walk ten steps from her limo to the door of the theatre? Plus there's always the over-the-top toothy grin that just drives me bonkers... from both of them!

FORT Fogey

Did anyone else see Tom Cruise on Today this morning? I did not see the interview - just the opening to the show. But it seemed to me that his attempt to rehab his image by being the friendly fun-loving guy on the show where he blew it all up with the "you're being glib" comments backfired.

At the start of the show, they had him in studio to promote that he was going to be on the show live. Instead of just standing there on camera then going to the green room as a normal star does, he then went over to the anchor desk to stand with Meredith and Matt while they did the open, joking that he could read the news with them. It did not look planned to me in the slightest. It looked like Matt Lauer was sitting there thinking "um, security ... someone ... help ... make him go away" The guy went from one extreme to the other on the show, which adds to the belief that he's just not balanced!

He gets crazier and crazier all the time. His eyes and his expressions make me think serial killer!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Veruka, I saw it this morning and was just amazed. He was beside different desks and Ann said it was the hardest time she's ever had giving the news because Tom was just standing there. Another time they cut to Ann and All with Tom, and Ann has her mouth covered. It could have been planned to look like he was a nut, but I've never seen anyone else of their guests that just sttod around until it was time for their segment. I think it's great that he and Matt have buried the hatchet, but he still gives me the creeps. I have never been a fan of his, and don't foresee me being a fan any time in the future. If he and Katie are happy, more power to them, but they don't interest me.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;3251746;
    It looked like Matt Lauer was sitting there thinking "um, security ... someone ... help ... make him go away" The guy went from one extreme to the other on the show, which adds to the belief that he's just not balanced!
    I just saw part of the clip online and that is exactly what it looked like! Matt looked genuinely startled and a bit worried. I also saw part of the Cruise-Lauer interview and, in his usual circular speech devoid of subject-predicate structure, Cruise pretty much said he's not going talk about Scientology when promoting movies. However, it took him 2.5 minutes to get that point out.

I used to really enjoy Tom Cruise movies and I have generally been successful at overlooking the politics of actors when it comes to watching their movies. HOWEVER, I have a really hard time watching Tom Cruise in movies anymore. I have not been able to bring myself to overlook his attacks against Brooke Shields (and any woman who has ever suffered from postpartum depression). I actually had the Today show on this morning when his interview came on, but I just didn't care enough to watch it.

+ Reply to Thread