+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 186 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262767117 ... LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Tom Cruise & Katie Holmes

Indeed, Texi.

He is out promoting the movie, he was at a premiere the other day yet the papparazzi decide to ignore the actual hot guy in favour of trying to snap any freakish antics from Cruise.
    Cruise is overshadowing the entire movie with his stupidity, which is a shame because all accounts I've heard claim it to be a good movie.

Bale has class, Cruise doesn't, it's that simple.
    Bale is an actor, Cruise is a movie star and sadly movie stars take priority over actors.
    I just think it's a shame that Bale is being overlooked for this complete stupidity, but I bet Bale himself doesn't even care.

Most importantly Fluff, Bale likes his privacy I'm SO watching Batman Begins this weekend.
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

I want to see "Batman" in spite of Katie's involvement, certainly not because of it.

I think Christian Bale is a great actor, and I'm even more excited about the involvement of Christopher Nolan as director and co-writer of "Batman Begins." I'm a big fan of "Memento" as well as Batman (but not the last several movies). [I just recently saw Bale in "The Machinist." The movie was very derivative of Memento, though still good. Maybe there's some tie-in as to how Bale and Nolan hooked up to do Batman together. Getting OT here...]

In my mind, the Tom/Katie thing is hurting Katie's movie more than helping it. The crowd who's into Bale and Nolan isn't the crowd who cares what Tom and Katie are doing and how her scientology training is going. And the teenage girls who care about Tom/Katie probably won't like this version of Batman.

So it finally happened, just in time for their movies...

Tom proposed to Katie under the Eiffel Tower today. They even held a press conference. This is according to CNN a few minutes ago.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by WomynLee
    So it finally happened, just in time for their movies...

Tom proposed to Katie under the Eiffel Tower today. They even held a press conference. This is according to CNN a few minutes ago.
    I'm looking at the bright side of this situation. By marrying each other Tom and Katie are now unavailable to date other people, thus sparing some unsuspecting, decent, man and woman from completely destroying their lives by hooking up with either Tom or Katie.

Raise your hand if you think they'll split before the marriage.

for the people who haven't read it yet...

Tom Cruise Proposes to Katie Holmes

Tom Cruise said he and girlfriend Katie Holmes are engaged, after he popped the question early Friday morning atop the Eiffel Tower.

Cruise, speaking at a Paris news conference with Holmes, said: "Yes, I proposed to her."

The couple often shared smiles and blushes as Cruise turned to look at her, with a massive diamond ring on her finger.

"It was early this morning at the Eiffel Tower, so I haven't slept at all," he said. "Today is a magnificent day for me, I'm engaged to a magnificent woman."

Asked why he chose the famed Paris landmark, he said: "I've never been to the Eiffel Tower. It's Paris, it's a beautiful city, it's very romantic."

Cruise said no date for a wedding has been set: "We haven't discussed that one step at a time," he said. "Let's see. We're not sure."

Cruise, 42, was in Paris to promote the French release of the Steven Spielberg film "War of the Worlds" next month. He and 26-year-old Holmes went public with their romantic relationship in April.

Holmes did not speak to reporters, but at one point, Cruise whispered to her: "Are you OK?" Afterward, the two hurried into a car before leaving for a promotional event in Marseilles, southern France.

"I wish them the happiest marriage that anyone has ever had," said Dakota Fanning, the child actress who co-stars with Cruise in the film. She sat next to Holmes during the news conference.

Cruise and Holmes have faced repeated rumors of marriage. The relationship started after Cruise split from actress
    Penelope Cruz, and Holmes and actor Chris Klein called off their long-standing engagement.

While in Berlin two days ago, Cruise dismissed speculation by tabloid newspapers and celebrity gossip columns that their relationship is a stunt to promote their new movies.

Holmes was in London earlier this week to promote her new film, "Batman Begins." She had also dismissed accusations that the couple had staged a relationship for publicity.

Holmes said then that she was embracing Scientology Cruise's religion. The former star of television's "Dawson's Creek" grew up with a poster of Cruise on her bedroom wall and has said she grew up wanting to marry him.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050617/.../cruise_holmes

I wish them the happiest marriage that anyone has ever had," said Dakota Fanning, the child actress who co-stars with Cruise in the film. She sat next to Holmes during the news conference.
    Wasn't there an interview where Dakota said she liked Tom? I think she's saying that knowing that in 10 years they'll be divorced and she can grab her crush!

Kao
    Didn't he just start dating her? I think he is taking advantage of this poor girl. She seems to really be crushing and would do anything for him.

Leo
    Premium Member
    And the latest news from this wonderful couple *gag*:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2005270380,00.html

Tom cult 'minder' for Katie

TOM Cruise has hired a woman Scientology minder for girlfriend Katie Holmes as she promotes her film Batman Begins.

Tom, 42, is said to insist that Jessica Rodriguez goes everywhere with Katie, 26, who is converting to the religious cult.

But sources say she disrupts interviews and interferes with the actress’s schedule.

One said: “Tom pays Jessica to ‘keep Katie on the path’.She goes everywhere.

“She says ‘I’m Katie’s best friend’. But she’s only known her six weeks.”

Warner Bros bosses denied any “discord”.

+ Reply to Thread