+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Tom Cruise & Katie Holmes

Re: Tom Cruise & Katie Holmes

Being a former Scientologist as a young adult, I do know that you can succeed in life if you apply the knowledge of some of their things. Much like a self improvement book, you take what you can from it and apply it to your life. The scary part is the whole drop everyone you care about from your life if they don't agree with you thing. That is what drove me to leave and protect my family from the whole thing. Not talking to my own mother for a year because she fled the city to avoid dealing with them was no fun. We also lost our home and everything we had because she gave all her money to them. There's a point where it is dangerous. I do believe alot of the stars may be able to apply things to their careers and be great at it but when you become someone like Tom Cruise who publicly bashes anyone who doesn't believe everything he does, it is no longer something that is helpful.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;2780556;
    Being a former Scientologist as a young adult, I do know that you can succeed in life if you apply the knowledge of some of their things. Much like a self improvement book, you take what you can from it and apply it to your life. The scary part is the whole drop everyone you care about from your life if they don't agree with you thing. That is what drove me to leave and protect my family from the whole thing. Not talking to my own mother for a year because she fled the city to avoid dealing with them was no fun. We also lost our home and everything we had because she gave all her money to them. There's a point where it is dangerous. I do believe alot of the stars may be able to apply things to their careers and be great at it but when you become someone like Tom Cruise who publicly bashes anyone who doesn't believe everything he does, it is no longer something that is helpful.
    Ol' L. Ron wasn't completely stupid. He understood some basic "self-help" techniques long before they became popularized by other parts of our culture. And he used the knowledge that some of this stuff worked as the "hook", along with continuous reinforcement. When you were "in" did they have the bit where you had to make written reports about your "progress" that they could nudge you with later to repeatedly "remind" you of how well Scientology was working for you? A lot of accounts I've read claim that the first indication of the "dark side" of all of this--that they hold you hostage with your own words. Or maybe just knowing what's on those auditor tapes is the first one. Either way, the very fact that L. Ron mixed some basic techniques in that actually work seems to be part of the tragedy of all of this. I mean I can see how some adopters might give some real loyalty early on--its just the holding on to it that's less understandable.

Hmm. On a related subject: I just got home and flipped channels. Know what's on? Tom's "alien" movie! That's right. "War of the Worlds", on ABC. This was considered the real beginning of his career meltdown, as I recall.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Yes Krom. There was a point where you had to confess your sins on paper and they put them away in your folders. Later on they'd bring them out to talk to you about them. If anyone left the organization, they'd bring out their confessions and laugh about them. So inappropriete.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Bwah. Go search for the Youtube video called "Scientolulz" by user "ScientologyAids". Wacky.

Speaking of wacky, there's also this lady named Ruthie Heyerdahl posting shill videos up on YT for the Scientologists. She's pretending to be someone who "has lots of Scientologist friends" who she says are "great people", almost akin to an army of Jesuses running around the way she gushes. Of course people found her out as a badly cloaked Scientologist herself in about... 10 minutes since she's listed on TruthaboutScientology.com. Her YT video is called "I LOVE SCIENTOLOGY!!".

I've been reading that they were definitely not the belles of the ball at Madonna's soiree!! Everything seems to indicate they were very socially awkward. Why does that not surprise?

Well, that party probably split into 3 groups: the Kabbalists vs. the Scientologists vs. Secular People Quietly Sipping Their Drinks and Avoiding Eye Contact.
    Last edited by MFWalkoff; 02-08-2008 at 01:00 AM.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;2786794;
    I've been reading that they were definitely not the belles of the ball at Madonna's soiree!! Everything seems to indicate they were very socially awkward. Why does that not surprise?
    "Madonna's soiree".... two words that just look wrong when used in the same sentence.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Haha, how true. I couldn't think of the name of her benefit she threw. It was definitely full of A-list powerhouses.

Want to be scared to the point of almost crapping your pants? (sorry, but this demands being indelicate)

While its still up go watch the YouTube video entitled "Scientology advocates violence against psychiatry", posted by a user named "exscn".

Its Tom's buddy, Herr Fuhrer David Miscavige elaborating (in the usual alterna-Scientologese) about how the CoS intends to utterly destroy Psychiatry. Even if you don't understand most of the words, the images of grenades and bombs blowing up (they are metaphorical, but still...), the talk of INTENTIONAL media and governmental manipulation, and the talk about "literally auditing the entire planet from 3 feet behind society's head" should convince even the lingering doubters of how these guys "play".

Alternate locations if the above one gets taken down: user "mayalove" posted it as "Speech given by Scientology head David Miscavige". User "cf21k" posted it as "Scientology: Plans to Destroy Psychiatry". User "GulleviAlmgren" as "Scientology Uses Violence to Destroy Psychiatry". Also probably many others findable with the search phrase "Miscavige Psychiatry".

Also of interest, you may recall the story about Jenna Hill (Miscavige's niece) coming out against her uncle and his little reign of terror. Apparently "Inside Edition" finally justified their otherwise miserable existence by actually catching up to her and talking to her. I just watched a copy on YT posed by user "cf21k" as "Scientology: Jenna Miscavige speaks out against Scientology". Also "Tub3dYou" has posted it as "Jenna Miscavige speaks about disconnection".
    Last edited by Krom; 02-09-2008 at 06:46 AM.

I just saw that Tom Cruise sent his best wishes to Patrick Swayze to fight his cancer. Tom said that Patrick has always been a fighter, and that Tom is praying for him to recover. Now, exactly to WHOM does Tom pray? Does Xenu hear him? Does he pray to himself? I'm really perplexed by this statement! Color this Baptist really confused!!! I really don't understand this guy!
    Last edited by 2boysmom; 03-13-2008 at 11:14 PM. Reason: additional thoughts!

+ Reply to Thread