+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Tom Cruise & Katie Holmes

Re: Tom Cruise & Katie Holmes

Wow......that's quite a list.
    Yup, with donuts!!

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Hasn't Rob Thomas publicly denied being a Scientologist?

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2778978;
    Hmmmm...interesting list....surprised by some of the names on there!
    Yes, not only "Bart", but also "Earl". And Elvis' wife and daughter. And the oldest kid from "Malcolm in the Middle". And Beck. And that woman from "JAG". And "Hyde" from "That 70s Show". And Greta Van Susteren. And we all knew about Kirstie, and "Dharma" and the King of Queen's wife.

And don't subscribe to Earthlink if you want to totally avoid your money spreading to Scientology. The founder/CEO is a Scientologist, who gives back to them generously.
    Last edited by Krom; 02-01-2008 at 01:38 PM.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;2779036;
    Yes, not only "Bart", but also "Earl".
    And not only "Earl", but Earl's brother "Randy", aka Ethan Supplee, who is married to Juliette Lewis' sister. Apparently the entire Lewis clan are Scientologists, as I see that Geoffrey and Lightfield are also on the list.

Anyway, this all makes me very uncomfortable watching "Earl" these days, as I just feel like I'm observing a...nest? a cadre? a coven?...of Scientological proselytizing and I think I'm going to have to give it up pretty soon.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;2779082;
    And not only "Earl", but Earl's brother "Randy", aka Ethan Supplee, who is married to Juliette Lewis' sister. Apparently the entire Lewis clan are Scientologists, as I see that Geoffrey and Lightfield are also on the list.

Anyway, this all makes me very uncomfortable watching "Earl" these days, as I just feel like I'm observing a...nest? a cadre? a coven?...of Scientological proselytizing and I think I'm going to have to give it up pretty soon.
    Oh, its not that most proselytize in the public eye, the way Tom Cruise does, but they give LOTS o' money. Many of them turn friends on to the Big S, and DO proselytize in private. And some, like Leah Remini and Jenna Elfman are more than happy to talk about Scientology and how great it is in interviews. And MOST of them do the testimonials they show to people who walk in the door of Scientology centers.

But even if they never spoke a word of Scientology salesmanship, did a testimonial, or gave money above and beyond the outrageous fees to take the upper level classes, the mere fact that they turn a blind eye to all of the evidence that it IS a cult is troubling. Jason Lee doesn't seem like a dummy. And yet think about what it takes to not only swallow Xenu and his pals, when they get around to it around OTIII time, but also to believe that EVERYONE telling stories about how oppressive Scientology is to the average member is lying. That everyone who talks about how "Fair Game" tactics still go on must be lying. That the various governments of the world who label them a cult are lying. That people who talk about Lisa McPherson and others who have died because of their nutty policies are lying. That everyone who talks about "disconnection" is lying.

Just being someone who can swallow all of that makes me not want to be fans of them anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;2779036;
    Yes, not only "Bart", but also "Earl". And Elvis' wife and daughter. And the oldest kid from "Malcolm in the Middle". And Beck. And that woman from "JAG". And "Hyde" from "That 70s Show".
    That would be Chris and Danny Masterson, who are brothers. I wonder if their whole family is, then... It also says Laura Prepon from "70s Show" is one.

I can't watch Tom Cruise act in a movie anymore. It's impossible for me to suspend disbelief when he's onscreen. All I can see is him and all his loud, cocky, delusional self-righteousness. Now that he runs a "studio", he should give up acting and stop ruining his movies by appearing in them.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;2778673;
    I was just reading an article yesterday in The New Yorker magazine about Scientology's Celebrity Center. I skimmed through it as it was very long but Juliette Lewis was mentioned it. Just googled and found this list.
    Famous Scientologists (Church of Scientology)
    Thanks, bunny, for that list. I was really surprised by some of the names included on that list. Interesting was the reference to Jerry Seinfield in the current status is unknown category. He and Tommyboy were hanging out in NY a few weeks ago. Hmmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;2779877;
    Thanks, bunny, for that list. I was really surprised by some of the names included on that list. Interesting was the reference to Jerry Seinfield in the current status is unknown category. He and Tommyboy were hanging out in NY a few weeks ago. Hmmmm.
    A lot of their "projects" are very long term. Jerry's flirted with it for years. Will Smith has said he doesn't intend to convert, and yet he also sticks up for Tom. J. Lo is apparently so close to Leah Remini that she almost opted to try out one of those "Silent births" (which is even funnier because there was an article earlier last year where Remini said she never tried to convert or push her beliefs on J. Lo).

I'm wondering, do you think some of the big names attached to Scientology look at it more like a club membership sort of thing, and not something they actually practice? Or does Scientology not allow someone to be an "in name and donation member only?" I was just thinking that maybe some of these celebrities do know it is a bunch of bunk but they pretend to be interested to rub shoulders with people who they think can further their career along. Also, maybe some of the younger set is in it because they think it's the hip or cool thing to do, and again, might think being a member can open more doors for them.

Some of these names on the list, I was surprised about because you don't hear about them being vocal. So that's why I thought maybe they are in it for reasons other than that they actually believe in it. Or is it not that simple?
    Last edited by ArchieComic Fan; 02-02-2008 at 09:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;2779873;
    That would be Chris and Danny Masterson, who are brothers. I wonder if their whole family is, then... It also says Laura Prepon from "70s Show" is one.
    Chris Masterson and Laura Prepon live together.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

+ Reply to Thread