+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 186 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252666116 ... LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Tom Cruise & Katie Holmes

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway
    I think Katie Holmes is beautiful in an adorable kind of way. I know she's 26, but she just seems so.... 16 years old to me
    I saw Katie on Letterman last week and thought of little kindergarteners being led aroung in a single file herd. Katie would fit right in, I believe. She ought to have a teather.

I'm not all that familiar with her; she sure seemed tall when she stood up on the show, though it seemed like Dave mentioned how short she was (I guess that was a joke that went over my head).

I must have misheard her age as well, I thought they said she was 23 or 24.

It doesn't surprise me that Tom Cruise or many other men would be attracted to her (at least her young bod), but it says something about him to me that he wants to do more than date her a time or two once she opened her mouth and uttered more than a few lines. But then again, Cruise doesn't come across as the most mature individual either.

I think she's 26.. and I've seen her in interviews before.. this new encarnation of Katie Holmes is obviously some sort of media creation.. or Tom is sucking her brains out.. I'm not sure which.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt64
    I think she's 26.. and I've seen her in interviews before.. this new encarnation of Katie Holmes is obviously some sort of media creation.. or Tom is sucking her brains out.. I'm not sure which.
    I agree, she has been acting really weird in the interviews. She was fairly normal before. It really makes me think it is an act, especially after the rumors that he invited several actresses to meet with him privately, shortly before his public revelation of love for Katie. I read somewhere that Jessica Alba met with him, expecting some sort of movie offer, but there was none. He also tried Jennifer Garner. My guess is that he got to Katie and either recognized her schoolgirl crush on him and/or they made a deal, knowing that both of their upcoming movies would fare well from all the attention they would get as this love-crazed couple.

She couldn't answer simple questions, like how they met. What is up with that? Maybe he has had her hypnotized. Or scientologized.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

FORT Fogey
    I love this thread. To me, Tom Cruise is the new Star Jones!!!

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pomeraniac
    I love this thread. To me, Tom Cruise is the new Star Jones!!!
    Has Tom gotten THAT bad? He annoys me, but to call him Star Jones is just down right mean.

Katie impressed me in "Abandon," which is an underrated movie. (Not great by any means, but not bad. She's very good in it.) I had never really thought much of her before that, but she plays a smart person in the movie, and she played it well enough to make me think she must be reasonably intelligent herself.

And then this happens.

I think this is primarily a publicity stunt for both Tom and Katie, but it's odd that they're already talking about marriage. They could still achieve their publicity goals and would avoid some humiliation whenever this falls apart if they hadn't taken it that extra step.

I do think Katie is a bit smitten due to her school-girl crush on Tom. If I grew up lusting after Pam Anderson and then I'm 23 or whatever and she's telling the world she's in love with me, I'd overlook a lot of weird stuff to make that last for awhile. I believe this phenomenon is known as the Ashton Kutcher Syndrome.

I just feel bad for Christian Bale (who I freakin' love incidentally).
    He lands a massive role in Batman, probably the biggest role of his career and it's all being overshadowed by this Tom and Katie utter nonsense.

The more I see Tom acting like a complete fool the more I appreciate how completely classy Nicole Kidman is.

Christian Bale doesn't have the star quality to make it in Hollywood. He was acclaimed for his role in American Psycho and nobody noticed him after it. Then comes Batman, and he's still just hiding out. This BS with Katie Holmes and Tom Cruise should have no effect on Christian Bale or the movie itself if he was out there promoting himself.

Never really thought much of Katie before, dont think about her now. Never really thought of Tom Cruise before, dont think of him now. Not a big fan of either.
    "Pluck not the wayside flower..." William Allingham

Well, since Bale's been a steadily working actor since he was like, 12, I don't think he's exactly a wallflower, actor-wise. Maybe just isn't a fame whore.

It'll take more than antics from the "celeb couple" to denigrate Christian's talent and presence.
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

+ Reply to Thread