+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 186 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232464114 ... LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Tom Cruise & Katie Holmes

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda
    You hit the nail on the head. Another board I read linked to this article, which was such an eye-opener.
    Amanda, that was a great article. It actually makes sense of all the nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda
    You hit the nail on the head. Another board I read linked to this article, which was such an eye-opener.
    Thanks for posting, Amanda. After reading the article I see why I've been reading so much negative stuff about Tom. What a weirdo. He really screwed up when he hired his sister to be his publicist, and he doesn't even seem to know it. He seems to be rapidly falling apart without someone in the background to hide his fanaticism about scientology.
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

After reading that article, I admit I'm astonished that agents and publicists have that much power over the media - I had no idea. What a naive prairie girl I am.

You can count me in with the 61% of people who like Tom less now. I've never been a big fan of his, though I enjoyed a couple of his movies. I might have shelled out the 10 bucks to go see War of the Worlds before I'd seen and read all this stuff about him...now, forget it.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

EW did an interview with him http://www.ew.com/ew/report/0,6115,1069956_1_0_,00.html

my favorite part was this:

You are aware that your views about psychiatry come across as pretty radical to a lot of people.
    In the 1980s, you were supposed to say no to drugs. But when I say no to drugs, I'm a radical? 'He's against drugs he's a radical! He's against electroshock treatments he's a radical!' [Laughing] It's absurd!

Yeah, but Scientology textbooks sometimes refer to psychiatry as a ''Nazi science''...
    Well, look at the history. Jung was an editor for the Nazi papers during World War II. [According to Aryeh Maidenbaum, the director of the New York Center for Jungian Studies, this is not true.] Look at the experimentation the Nazis did with electric shock and drugging. Look at the drug methadone. That was originally called Adolophine. It was named after Adolf Hitler... [According to the Dictionary of Drugs and Medications, among other sources, this is an urban legend.]
    He's got some misinformation going on.

I'm thinking Tom could benefit from a little dose of that *Nazi science*.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Good lord. He sounds dumb as a post in his interviews, as does she. Russell Crowe might throw phones at people, but at least he doesn't sound like a surfer dude when he's apologizing the next day.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Leo
    Premium Member
    Can we invoke Godwin's Law now? You lose, Mr. Cruise.

I never really liked Tom Cruise - always thought he was a bit arrogant, but now he's just as dumb as rocks. Although that might be unfair to the rocks.

I see the "vocal minority" that hates to see anyone happy has decided to grace us with their presense.

I must sheepishly admit to the fact that I, for one, am really looking forward to making some popcorn, pulling up a chair and watching this sideshow we call Tom go down in a ball of flames (his own doing no less!!!). Now this is what I call ENTERTAINMENT! The stories that could surface about this man....I salivate in anticipation.

Oh lord, forgive me, but ah jest caint help mahself!

And with that EW interview, Tom just earned the "Dumb as a Box of Hair Award" for this week... hell, for the entire month! Maybe if Tom took some drugs, he'd sound a little more coherent

Thanks for the Hollywood Reporter article too, Amanda Why is it that when some celebs get really big, they think they suddenly know everything?

Run Katie! Run for your life!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread