+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Tom Cruise & Katie Holmes

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    Alot of comparisons have been made to chris klein.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee View Post
    Alot of comparisons have been made to chris klein.
    There have been. Quite a bit and there are pictures where the resemblence is highly striking. I think she's a cute baby. But the circumstances surrounding everything reak of Tom Cruise. And that is not a good thing.

I've included two pics especially in the eyes. But this is all from Socialitelife

I don't really care either way. Other than, Tom has really made me not like him.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Okay, this picture is much clearer than the one I saw before. Her eyes look perfectly fine to me (in retrospect of a comment I made earlier). She's really very cute. I think she favors Katie a lot.

I can't say that I see a Chris Klein resemblence. I think it would be hard to tell right now unless there were some definite physical characteristics that resembled him and I don't see anything strong enough to say he could be the dad.

My opinion for what its worth:

I think this whole Tom Cruise/Katie Holmes baby conspiracy has gotten out of hand and is pretty awful. Tom and Katie fell in love, she got pregnant, they have a beautiful baby girl who looks like a combo of both of them, and they are planning to get married soon. Oh, and by the way, he's a Scientologist.

That last part seems to be the crux of the problem. His enthusiastic religious fervor with the Church of Scientology seems to really put people off - so much so that they are accusing him of all sorts of nasty things ie: he jumps on couches, he saves peoples lives, he loves his girlfriend so much he broadcasts it to the world (been there, done that - only I'm not a movie star so the tabloids don't care), he gets her pregnant out of wedlock (so who hasn't lately), oh . . and he dumped Nicole Kidman, has been married twice and never fathered a live child (although Nicole herself has said she got pregnant and miscarried his child), doesn't seem to be a serial dater (monogamously sticks to one woman at a time for quite awhile), so he might be a homosexual (even though there is no proof, all rumors have been disproven, and he and his wives/girlfriends have vehemently denied it). So . . why is he being so maligned? Are we really so mad at him for scolding Brook Shields for taking an antidepressant (he apologized), or are we just jealous?

Unbelievable!!!

1.) He didn't apologize to Brooke until a year and a half after the fact--when his "Q Rating" had dropped from nosebleed highs to record lows, she was conveniently appearing on a talk show immediately afterwards, and he'd been dumped by his studio (and one of the MORE reliable rumors is that it had to do with the fact that the wife of the CEO of the studio's parent corporation was incensed about Cruise's treatment of Shields). Of all the things to forgive/forget about Tom Cruise, this isn't the one. Or at the very least, its up to Brooke Shields to forgive him, but I don't think anyone should FORGET what he said or did.

2.) His dating and child breeding patterns probably aren't our business--I agree. But if you follow his pattern of behavior going way back he tends to MAKE it our business. The story about his kid was a middle-tier story until the now eponymous "Tom Cruise's representative" made sure we were informed about every person who saw baby Suri. So we got an unending stream of "Leah Remini spotted", "Jada Pinkett Smith said", "Penelope Cruz exclaimed", all in nice little leaked news stories. Its kind of been shoved down people's throats.

3.) Whether or not we CARE to hear about them, there are too many stories floating around to totally discount SOME suspicions about him and Katie. Someone like Scarlett Johansson, for example, riding on a wave of career success and popularity too steep to have an obvious reason to lie about Cruise, made some comments about his uber-creepiness which have led down that path.

Anyway, I don't follow the logic which says we have to be jealous of a creepy guy to conclude that he's creepy and then discuss it in a topic which is ABOUT his life and public persona. We could just be bored. We could find his life fascinating without having an agenda either way. Or we might legitimately dislike what we KNOW about the guy. I do agree that its a bit much to treat speculation about the kid not being his as fact, when if fact logic seems to dictate it probably is his kid. Speculation should be just that, and logic needs to support it. It doesn't in this case. On the other hand, logic DOES seem to support the notion that there's something pretty weird about Cruise, that his relationship with life, and women are a bit odd (although that's far from proof that he's homosexual I guess--we could be applying a little Travolta logic to him erroneously), and certainly it supports the notion that his "apology" to Brooke Shields was probably pretty self-serving, her acceptance of it saying more about her than him.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    1. He's an actor.
    2. She's probably gullible.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

look at this picture with the baby in vanity fair magazine

giz
    Well, despite what I may think about Cruise, that's one cute baby. I think at the moment she looks like both of them. I feel a bit sorry for Katie, but she is an adult, looks to the contrary.

that baby is so so So so pretty...but her dad is crazy...and even though she's a baby she looks goth...lol(the hair)

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Flipsideboy90 View Post
    that baby is so so So so pretty...but her dad is crazy...and even though she's a baby she looks goth...lol(the hair)
    Ann Rice would approve! I agree, the baby's adorable and hopefully will inherit more from her mom's side of the family (genetically) ...

+ Reply to Thread