+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Tom Cruise & Katie Holmes

Two more visit Suri.....

http://people.aol.com/people/article...219552,00.html

Jada Pinkett Smith: Suri Is 'Gorgeous'

Suri Cruise has remained out of the public eye since she was born on April 18 – but Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes's daughter is "gorgeous," Jada Pinkett Smith tells PEOPLE exclusively.

"She's one of the sweetest babies I've ever met in my life," Pinkett Smith says. "She's an absolute beauty and she's Daddy's little girl."

Pinkett Smith and her husband Will Smith have visited with Suri twice, both times at Cruise and Holmes's Beverly Hills mansion.

"She's beautiful and they're very happy and they need to be left alone," says Pinkett Smith, who described Suri while talking to PEOPLE about her participation in the anti-violence event, Party 4 Peace, run by pal Charles "Charlie Mack" Alston. "She's the cutest little baby. She's got a head full of black, beautiful hair."

And how are mom and dad doing? Cruise is "excellent" and Holmes is "a great mom and she's loving every single second of it."

Earlier this month, another famous friend, King of Queens star Leah Remini, also said she saw Suri, who "looks like Tom and Katie. She's just beautiful."

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaC View Post
    "She's an absolute beauty and she's Daddy's little girl."
    Sure she is--he paid for her.

I don't buy for one millisecond that they "need to be left alone". If so, why the heck were they pimping out the first photo rights?

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl View Post
    Sure she is--he paid for her.

I don't buy for one millisecond that they "need to be left alone". If so, why the heck were they pimping out the first photo rights?
    And why do their friends talk to the magazines making all of us way more curious? If they "need to be left alone", why did Jada tell People?

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by femme fatale View Post
    And why do their friends talk to the magazines making all of us way more curious? If they "need to be left alone", why did Jada tell People?
    Well, to be fair, maybe because of all the speculation that there is something wrong with the baby, that it isn't theirs, etc. Just at the supermarket and saw a big tabloid headline to that effect. Maybe she thought telling a relatively upscale mag like People would help.
    That said, of course I love all this gossip and speculation!

wow man..tom is one weird dude.

There was a news snippet last night on ET Canada about Suri. Apparently, Jenna Elfman is in Toronto right now trying to recruit Canadian Scientologists (and, according to the same snippet, trying to give Scientology a good name... ) and she's seen Suri as well... apparently you have to be a devout Scientologist in order to be worthy.

Buffy: What is this?
    Willow: A doodle. I do doodle. You too. You do doodle, too. ("Gingerbread")

Xander: Damn it! You know what? I'm sick of this crap. I'm sick of being the guy who eats insects and gets the funny syphilis. As of this moment, it's over. I'm finished being everybody's butt monkey! ("Buffy vs. Dracula")

Enough with Mel Gibson and his drunken ways! Here's some Cruise News!

Why the Irish are carrying this story I don't know....

http://www.irishexaminer.com/breakin...85&n=221108756
    Cruise promises pictures of baby Suri 'shortly'
    Celebrity baby-watchers desperate to see Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes’ tot Suri with their own eyes may soon be satisfied.

A spokesman for Cruise has promised that pictures of the youngster, who has remained hidden from pubic view since her birth almost four months ago, will be released “shortly“.

Baby Suri’s elusiveness has seen her been dubbed the Loch Ness Monster of the celebrity world.

Some famous friends of Cruise and Holmes, including the actor’s ex Penelope Cruz, have reported that they have seen her, but the general public is still waiting.

It has been rumoured that Top Gun star Cruise is reluctant to put Suri on show because he is worried about kidnapping threats.

But his spokesman, Arnold Robinson, said that was not true.

“He hasn’t been reluctant,” Robinson told MSNBC’s The Scoop.

“They will be making a decision to release the photographs shortly.”

The couple were also deciding whether the pictures would go to a limited number of media outlets, or to everyone, he added.
    Also, new facts about Tommy's pay cut:
    http://www.postchronicle.com/news/or...21232895.shtml

Tom Cruise Takes A Pay Cut At Paramount
    By Mitch Marconi
    Aug 8, 2006

Former Hollywood megastar Tom Cruise has reportedly been given a reduction in pay for his production deal with Paramount Pictures.

Cruise and his business partner Paula Wagner's previous deal afforded them a budget of up to $10 million a year to cover overheads and develop movies through their company Cruise/Wagner Productions, according to reports.

According to the Los Angeles Times newspaper, new Paramount head Brad Grey - who took over last year - told Cruise's company the studio was not in a position to renew the same contract after it expired last month.

Paramount reportedly funded Cruise's latest movie Mission: Impossible III, which is expected to make up to $400 million in the international box office arena, but due to Cruise's expected profit margin, the studios will simply break even, reports WENN.

Cruise's attorney Bertram Fields says, "We received an offer and we are digesting it. We will sit and talk about it. It is not the case that they said this is a take-it-or-leave-it offer. I don't think my friends at Paramount would ever talk that way."

Janet Hill, Paramount spokeswoman, said: "We have the utmost respect for Tom Cruise and Cruise/Wagner Productions. We are currently in discussions to renew their deal."

The Times reports that Paramount has offered Cruise $2 million a year in a prospective new deal, which now means the actor will have to pay his staff out of his own pocket.
    One last bit. This claims that "Katie wants to be an action star" and Tom doesn't like the idea. Who knows if there's anything to it. It could actually be a bit of anti-spin by the Cruise camp planted to make Katie look a little less spineless.

http://news.sawf.org/Entertainment/17613.aspx

Trouble brewing between Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes?
    August 05, 2006 (EST)
    It seems that trouble is brewing in Tom Cruise’s home, for though he would like fiancée Katie Holmes to be a stay at home mom, she has other ideas.

London, Aug 5: It seems that trouble is brewing in Tom Cruise’s home, for though he would like fiancée Katie Holmes to be a stay at home mom, she has other ideas.

A pal of the actress revealed that Holmes was keen to get back to work, and that she had asked Cruise to use his connections to land her the lead role in an action flick.

Tom however is reluctant to do so for he wants Katie to stay at home with the couple’s infant daughter Suri.

"Katie would love to do an action flick and has asked Tom to use his connections. But he'd like her to stay at home with the baby," the Mirror quoted the pal, as saying. (ANI)
    Last edited by Krom; 08-08-2006 at 03:56 PM.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

To add to Krom's post about the release of the pictures, I read this on tvguide.com today.

Suri Cruise Poses for Vanity Pics
    Sources tell the New York Post that Vanity Fair has landed the first photo shoot with Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes' conspicuously camera-shy daughter, to be snapped by Annie Leibovitz and published in the fall.

Leo
    Premium Member
    http://femalefirst.co.uk/celebrity/V...ite-11138.html

Victoria Beckham's Suri invite

Tom Cruise has invited Victoria and David Beckham to meet baby Suri.

But the 'Mission Impossible' star and fiancee Katie Holmes have issued their British friends with a list of instructions of how to behave around their daughter.

A source told Britain's Daily Star newspaper: "David and Victoria are honoured that Tom and Katie have asked them along.

"However they were a little shocked by the list of rules they'll have to follow.

"Apparently they can't take any photographic equipment, they're banned from touching Suri and they're not allowed to do any baby-talk around her.

"It will be very difficult for Victoria, because she just loves babies and is trying for a daughter with David at the moment."

The 'Top Gun' star is a devout follower of Scientology which does not allow cooing over babies as they believe it may effect their development.

Tom and Katie befriended the Beckhams at a football match last year. Former Spice Girl Victoria - who has three sons with soccer star David - reportedly gave Katie advice while she was pregnant.

So far Tom, 44, and Katie, 27, have kept Suri hidden from the public eye, sparking various conspiracy theories surrounding the baby.

Friends of the 'Top Gun' star to claim they have seen his four-month-old daughter include actresses Jada Pinkett Smith, Leah Remini and Cruise's ex, Penelope Cruz.

I'm sure that Suri will be a very cute little baby. Tom and Kate have planned her whole entrance into the world, I'm sure. They had to wait until all the Shiloh reaction was done with. As well as every other expectant birth. Now the path is cleared for this momentous occasion.

I'm not surprised that Kate wants to "do" some acting in movies. I'm sure she didn't "expect", pardon the pun, to be a stay at home mom the rest of her life. And a list of instructions shouldn't be surprising for anyone considering Tom's weirdness about Scientology.

I am interested in what the photos will look like though. Primarily because I absolutely adore Annie Leibovitz. She is phenomenal!!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

+ Reply to Thread