+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 186 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212262112 ... LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Tom Cruise & Katie Holmes

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.

Scientology censor Tom Cruise?

Tom Cruise has banned girlfriend Katie Holmes from starring in a new film featuring drug use - because it offends Scientologists. .

The Hollywood heavyweight has allegedly told the brunette beauty she cannot appear in 'Factory Girl' - which documents the life of drug-addicted Andy Warhol protege Edie Sedgwick - because he is opposed to any form of drug taking, whether fictional or real, as a follower of the bizarre cult.

A movie insider told America's New York Post newspaper: "Edie was in and out of mental institutions and on all sorts of psychotropic drugs.
    "Tom doesn't believe in those drugs because of Scientology"

Cruise, who has been dating the former 'Dawson's Creek' beauty since last month, is also said to have stopped Katie, 26, from taking the role because it would involve her playing a victim

Another source said: "Tom didn't want her to take the role because it portrayed her as a victim and he said she should only take strong roles".

Cruise has long been a Scientology follower - developed by American philosopher L Ron Hubbard - and even recently praised the Church of Scientology for teaching him to read properly, in order to gain vast knowledge from books .

He said: "Scientology gives you tools to improve your conditions, tools I have learned in terms of literacy that allow me to fly planes and produce movies I know I can learn anything"
    The Link

Quote Originally Posted by broken_pryncess
    hey, i'm about 40 mins from toledo.
    I'm around 30 mins from toledo Seems like Toledo must be a rocking spot if all of us FORTers are around there..

Hmmm;
    John Travolta
    Tom Cruise
    Lisa Marie Presley
    Kirstie Ally ( although I love her)

Not exactly rocket scientists, which is ironic when you think they are all rabid members of a cult that was dreamed up by a science fiction writer. Helloooooo?

Quote Originally Posted by Chach
    You disappoint me, Broadway.
    Payback for not liking my Pistons, Chach.

I have honestly never seen one Simpsons episode. No Simpsons, Star Trek (and all of the resulting spinoffs), MASH, or any classics like that. I'm an oddity, I guess.

PhoneGrrrl.... does Kelly Preston actually practice Scientology, or just allow John Travolta his beliefs? Hmmm... I think she's absolutely beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway
    Payback for not liking my Pistons, Chach.

I have honestly never seen one Simpsons episode. No Simpsons, Star Trek (and all of the resulting spinoffs), MASH, or any classics like that. I'm an oddity, I guess.

PhoneGrrrl.... does Kelly Preston actually practice Scientology, or just allow John Travolta his beliefs? Hmmm... I think she's absolutely beautiful.
    Egads! You've never seen the Simpsons! I even knew the name of the episode I referenced above. (OK, maybe I'm the pathetic one.)

My understanding is that Kelly is a scientologist. Or at least she pretends to be for John's sake.

She is gorgeous. She's slipped a little with age, but the young Kelly Preston was about as good as it gets. I remember seeing her in a movie called "Mischief" about 20 years ago, and feeling love for the first time.

The Hollywood heavyweight has allegedly told the brunette beauty she cannot appear in 'Factory Girl' - which documents the life of drug-addicted Andy Warhol protege Edie Sedgwick - because he is opposed to any form of drug taking, whether fictional or real, as a follower of the bizarre cult.
    So I guess drinking alcohol (Cocktail), gratuitous sex scenes (Eyes Wide Shut), and gratuitous violence (gee, where to start...heck, let's just go with the Mission Impossible flicks, I see part III is in production) are OK. Interesting moral code these Scientologists have.
    Another source said: "Tom didn't want her to take the role because it portrayed her as a victim and he said she should only take strong roles".
    And I guess being a victim of an overbearing, paternalistic, self-righteous *boyfriend* 20 years her senior is OK, too.

When did Tom Cruise change from being merely annoying to being a total freakazoid?
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

FORT Fan
    I always thought I was such a Tom Cruise fan.... but I realized, I only liked Tom in Top Gun.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Quote Originally Posted by Igotalife
    *rumor alert* RE: Tom and Nicole split

Long ago, I remember hearing somewhere (local radio station DJ I believe)that the split was actually caused by Nicole having been unfaithful.

Who knows how much of it is true, but I've always found myself intrigued that the split came so suddenly and unexpectedly.
    Well one of the things I remember hearing is something about in California, there is a 10 year marriage rule that once you have been married 10 years, all assets are to be split 50/50 (or something to that effect). Tom and Nicole were divorced just shy of 10 years. Coincidence? I think not.........

Anyway...I still think Tom is a hottie....Katie is gorgeous....Brad is beautiful....Angelina is sexy...and I'm still single...........dammit....
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AJane
    So I guess drinking alcohol (Cocktail), gratuitous sex scenes (Eyes Wide Shut), and gratuitous violence (gee, where to start...heck, let's just go with the Mission Impossible flicks, I see part III is in production) are OK. Interesting moral code these Scientologists have.
    Exactly what I was coming in here to post...great minds! Not that I want to get the DVD and watch it again, but didn't both Tom's & Nic's characters smoke pot in Eyes Wide Shut? It was the bedroom scene where they were fighting, right before he had to leave to go to the dead guy's house...been a while, but I could swear there was some pot smokin' going on. Wonder where blood drinking vampires fit in Scientology.

Edited to add--

As for Kelly Preston, according to the Scientologists, she's on board.
    http://www.scientology.org/wis/WISENG/17/17-01.htm

I saw a news blurb about Tom appearing on Leno that made reference to this site. Kinda funny.

http://www.freekatie.net/

+ Reply to Thread