+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Tom Cruise & Katie Holmes

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    Krom. That site is too funny. I'm sure there are a few people who want to try and beat their system. Just because .
    ------------------------
    Did you hear that Tom is going to name Suri's SCIENT-UNCLES? Her regular uncles would not do, so Tom seems to have picked a couple of his Scientology buddies to fill the positions. Weird.

Meet TomKitten’s Famous Uncles

LONDON (KP International) Tom Cruise has announced that Grammy-winner Kanye West and Oscar-winner Jamie Foxx are to be his daughter Suri's uncles.

While attending the London premiere of 'Mission: Impossible III' Cruise told the UK's Mirror, "Jamie Foxx is going to be uncle. I asked him today and he's accepted. He's an amazing guy."

And that's not all, Suri could possibly have two uncles. "When I get back to the States I'm gonna ask Kanye West," confessed Cruise.

Cruise, as per usual, continued his ranting over his love for fiancee Katie Holmes. "I love her and I can't wait to get married to her. I can't wait to look at her and think she's all mine," said Cruise. "I want the wedding to be in a few months. I've phoned her a billion times since I've been here. Of course I miss her, how can you not?"

http://channels.aol.ca/entertainment...28104209990006
    Oh, so now you can designate people to be uncles? What a nutcase!
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy View Post
    Yes, and Froggy, I've been meaning to ask, would you be my uncle? I know that at first blush it appears I should be asking if you would be my aunt, but I'm not so sure (sure!) that's allowed.
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

Well, I suppose these are the people he might otherwise ask to be Godparents, if that whole "worshiping and fearing the wrath of Xenu" thing wasn't in the way of anything having to do with God. (please note that I don't buy even for a second Cruise's recent claims that he feels you can be any other religion AND a Scientologist, since the 'Tology has it's own creation myths, higher beings, alternative to Heaven and souls, and timeline).

And apparently Kanye is in part Suri's new Godfa... I mean Uncle, because Tom was rewarding him for writing a theme song for Mission Crappossible III!

http://bestweekever.blogs.com/best_w...ye_west_h.html

Jamie Foxx is Godfat... er... Uncle because he appeared in the movie "Collateral" with him.

Neither "Uncle" is an admitted Scientologist, so this is almost like an effort by Tom to APPEAR as if he has friends who aren't total nutbags. The Scientology leadership, on the other hand, are all "Uncles" without title, that's the main difference.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Quote Originally Posted by MissThing View Post
    Yes, and Froggy, I've been meaning to ask, would you be my uncle? I know that at first blush it appears I should be asking if you would be my aunt, but I'm not so sure (sure!) that's allowed.
    I'm sorry to tell you that I cannot be your uncle. I lack the necessary, er, equipment . About the aunt thing, I think you need to consult with a smarter person, like Tom Cruise, about the appropriateness of your request.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

Quote Originally Posted by Krom View Post
    Neither "Uncle" is an admitted Scientologist, so this is almost like an effort by Tom to APPEAR as if he has friends who aren't total nutbags. The Scientology leadership, on the other hand, are all "Uncles" without title, that's the main difference.
    Actually I think this might be a recruiting move. Tom "honors" two non-Scientologists to be godf..., er, uncles for his new spawn. And both just happen to be high profile African Americans. Hmm, maybe the cult is angling for new minority cash cows.

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC View Post
    Saw a commercial tonight on CBS and it seems papa Cruise will be on Letterman on Tuesday night, May 2nd. This outta be good!
    Yup. He's doing the rounds, flogging MI3.

This week he's on the east coast: Tues. Letterman, Wed. Regis, Fri. The View.
    Next week he'll be in L.A.: Thurs. 11 Leno, Fri. 12 Ellen.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Uhh.. Qboots, you know Tom's schedule a lil too well.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno View Post
    Uhh.. Qboots, you know Tom's schedule a lil too well.
    On the contrary, I just keep tabs on the talk show guest lists so I can tune in if there's anyone of interest. I'm no Tommy fan, but when I saw his name listed so often, I thought I'd mention it here.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Uh huh. Sure sure..
    I bet you have a Top Gun poster in your living room and a Risky Business one in your bedroom.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Actually I think this might be a recruiting move. Tom "honors" two non-Scientologists to be godf..., er, uncles for his new spawn. And both just happen to be high profile African Americans. Hmm, maybe the cult is angling for new minority cash cows.
    Both are prominently Protestant though. Foxx does some pseudo-gospel as part of his music, and West is, in fact, most famous for that "Jesus Walks" song.

They are unlikely Scientology converts. What I think they are is the publicity equivalent of a "beard"--only the deflection this time is about Tom's religious beliefs instead of his sexuality.

Hey, this is from last month, but I just found it. Funny article about how Madonna and Tom Cruise both recently have come knocking on David and Victoria "Posh Spice" Beckham's door to compete for their respective cults. Apparently Madonna had the home court advantage and won.

Scroll down the area sub-headed "Score one for Kabbalah":
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12042244/

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

+ Reply to Thread