+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Tom Cruise & Katie Holmes

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    As far as I know, fears or reactions to having a baby do not cause post-partum depression. It's a clinical illness. And yes, it's a chemical imbalance.

But I agree with you that Brooke is better prepared and aware to react to any signs of it this time around. Let's hope that she's able to fully enjoy her new babe without any reoccurrence.
    Oooh, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to imply that the cause was anything other than a chemical imbalance. Solely that her fear of the unknown emotions that she was feeling was exacerbating her problems. Now she'll definitely be able to understand what it is she's dealing with and will treat it sooner, much like she did when she had initially stopped taking her medication once after Rowan's birth. Thanks for the catch.

AJ.... that's so sad to know that it gets worse with subsequent births. I agree with you... definitely commend Brooke and Marie Osmond for making such a tragic condition so public so other women don't have to feel so alone.

Krom.... that article is hilarious! Pointy nosed pickpocket, eh?
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post
    It gets worse with each subsequent birth, unfortuantely. It's not in the least bit preventable but it is treatable - a woman who suffered in the past is bound to be monitored by her physician, too.
    I had a friend that suffered from several bouts of depression before she ever had children. Suicidal depression. She took the precaution of monthly appointments with a therapist for the first year of her child's life. She didn't end up suffering from post-partum depression, but I think her caution was warranted. I would hope that Brooke, knowing she has had issues in the past, is having herself monitored by her physician or therapist. She's been courageous and intelligent about it thus far, so I tend to think she would.

As for Katie, I'd be willing to bet the bloom will be off the rose for her soon enough. Motherhood opens your eyes and gives you clarity of thought that you never could have had before having a child. Something you might accept as okay for yourself, you might reject when you see how it might affect your child. I suspect she's going to do some growing up, see fruitcake Tom for what he is, and go running the other way.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by Stargazer View Post
    I suspect she's going to do some growing up, see fruitcake Tom for what he is, and go running the other way.
    I sincerely hope so. And when she does, I hope her parents will welcome her and her child her with open arms. This poor girl is completely brainwashed.

It gets worse with each subsequent birth? Man. I am still dealing with it from Ash. He'll be 9 months in a few days.

Hopefully tho next time I will get a Doctor who will continue to see me after the birth. I was floored when I found out that my OBGYN had no intentions of treating me once Ash was born. boy did that throw me for a loop. It's like "here's your baby, you are no longer our problem"

So yeah, back on topic. I am going to have to agree that Surrey in England probably had something to do with it. Whatever the crazy and or misguided reason may be.. I have to admit. I like the name, It is pretty.
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

It's true. I speak Hebrew and Suri means "Syrian". Princess is "Nesicha" or "Bat Melech". But it's damn funny that TomKat thought it meant princess!
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

Quote Originally Posted by Stargazer View Post
    As for Katie, I'd be willing to bet the bloom will be off the rose for her soon enough. Motherhood opens your eyes and gives you clarity of thought that you never could have had before having a child. Something you might accept as okay for yourself, you might reject when you see how it might affect your child. I suspect she's going to do some growing up, see fruitcake Tom for what he is, and go running the other way.
    I have a feeling that there's no rose-colored glasses in Katie's purse. I really believe that she knows exactly what she's doing... and it certainly isn't being truly in love with Tom. What she's getting out of it, who knows, but it certainly isn't a happily-ever-after love story.

Have you guys seen this spoof? http://www.nypost.com/entertainment/67279.htm
    Wedding is a Suri thing

The long-feuding Cruise and Shields clans made peace this weekend with the surprise wedding of Suri Cruise and Grier Shields Henchy, who both turned 20 yesterday. The lavish lesbian ceremony was held on the grounds of John Travolta's Battlefield Earth Theme Park (formerly St. Patrick's Cathedral). But our spy, Webster Hall archeologist Baird Jones Jr., offered an exclusive account of the nuptials officiated by Pope Bono.

The brides wore matching white Wal-Mart Wang gowns trailed by 20-foot trains carried by miniature Chihuahuas, all descendants of Tinkerbell Hilton.

They exchanged rings - gifts from Oprah Winfrey, Omega Thetan IV, the peacemaker who brought Suri's dad, Tom Cruise, and Grier's mom, Brooke Shields, together to bury the hatchet in a very special "Oprah" Super Bowl LIX halftime show - the highest-rated program ever.

The happy couple met in a Beverly Hills prison, after Grier was arrested for peddling anti-depressants. Suri was in the next cell, recovering from an overdose of Zoloft. Two days later, Suri was trampolining on couches at the "Late Nights with Lindsay and Dina Lohan" show.

Tom Cruise said the wedding was "extraordinary!" "Amazing!" "She's an extraordinary woman!" and "Xenu-rific!" Katie Holmes was silent, as she has been for the past two decades.

Guests were disappointed, however, when the placenta puffs were gobbled up by an out-of control and uninvited Kirstie Alley (star of the reality hit "Nearly Dead From Advance Complications due to Type II Diabetes Actress"). Two paparazzi were killed by surface-to-air missiles (legal under Patriot Act 79) when their jetpacks drifted too close to the proceedings. Cruise-Henchy sold the exclusive photo rights to Jill Johnson, 12, who leads the MySpace rankings with 92 million friends. "This rulz, LOL!" Jill wrote.

Cruise-Henchy will honeymoon at Brokeback Mountain National Park, formerly Wyoming.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

LG.
    Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy View Post
    It's true. I speak Hebrew and Suri means "Syrian". Princess is "Nesicha" or "Bat Melech". But it's damn funny that TomKat thought it meant princess!
    oooh, but it does mean "Princess" because you, Hebrew scolar / Matt Lauer (hey, those rhyme) don't know Hebrew. I know Hebrew. I've studied Hebrew. I'm a Hebrologist. I get to decide what every word means. [/insane.tom.rant]
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Quote Originally Posted by LG. View Post
    oooh, but it does mean "Princess" because you, Hebrew scolar / Matt Lauer (hey, those rhyme) don't know Hebrew. I know Hebrew. I've studied Hebrew. I'm a Hebrologist. I get to decide what every word means. [/insane.tom.rant]
    I'll go take some vitamins now.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

JR.
    Quote Originally Posted by Krom View Post
    One wonders if the nubile Miss Johansson was experiencing a kind of audition which she failed, and which Miss Holmes later passed.
    Or, Scarlett has at least half a brain and enough common sense to get away from these tools.

Kao
    i think that Suri is a beautiful name. I hope both mom and daughter are doing fine.

I think that Tom even tried to convert Jamie Foxx, but Foxx wasn't having it.

+ Reply to Thread