+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Tom Cruise & Katie Holmes

Quote Originally Posted by Pomeraniac View Post
    Cruise, Holmes Have Baby Girl Named Suri

Read All About It HERE

Apr 18, 7:24 PM (ET)

By SANDY COHEN

LOS ANGELES (AP) - The Tomkitten has arrived. Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes, the high-profile pair dubbed "TomKat" by the media, had a baby girl Tuesday, said Cruise spokesman Arnold Robinson.

The baby, named Suri, weighed 7 pounds, 7 ounces and measured 20 inches long, he said.

"Both mother and daughter are doing well," Robinson said in a prepared statement.
    The name Suri has its origins in Hebrew, meaning "princess," or in Persian, meaning "red rose," the statement said.

The baby was born in Los Angeles but the exact location was not disclosed.
    It's the first child for Holmes, 27, and the first biological offspring for Cruise, 43. Cruise has a daughter and son from his marriage to Nicole Kidman.

Details surrounding the birth, which was planned under the tenets of the Church of Scientology as a silent procedure, weren't disclosed.

They named the baby "Suri"? The first thing I thought was, "MISERY."

To me she'll always be known as "Misery." 'Nuff said.

The first thing I thought of was "Surrey with a Fringe on Top."

FYI... this morning they reported that Katie DID have an epidural, and that they were released from the hospital a short time after the birth. (I can't remember their exact phrasing surrounding the time turnaround... it was amusing.)
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway View Post
    FYI... this morning they reported that Katie DID have an epidural, and that they were released from the hospital a short time after the birth. (I can't remember their exact phrasing surrounding the time turnaround... it was amusing.)
    I think they probably deduced that there was a much better possibility of Katie staying silent if she had one. Of course, now Tom has to keep Katie silent for a few years, at least until the kid is "trained" enough by Daddy Tom that the inevitable divorce leaves the kid as extra-Thetan-free as possible.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    [FA Edit]

Tom must be pissed that he was overruled. Maybe this too should be attributed to Xenu.
    Last edited by PhoneGrrrl; 04-19-2006 at 03:36 PM. Reason: Remove reference to deleted post.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Talk about irony on top of irony. Apparently, not only did Brooke and Katie have their babies on the same day, they had them on the same floor at the same hospital! At least that's what the guy from People told Katie Couric this morning on TV.

I think the whole Scientology thing is crazy, but I think Tom is crazier. I must say though, I think the name is pretty I do find myself singing "Surrey With the Fringe on Top," but I'm sure that will pass.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Courtesy of pink is the new blog

And of course seeking attention.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

JR.
    Quote Originally Posted by Krom View Post
    You aren't supposed to praise Xenu, you are supposed to fear him.
    But in this case, I want Xenu to win

Well Congrats to the Kats on their new Kitten I'm just glad that Katie made it through however she managed to do so. Suri is kinda cute. It could have been extremely weird.

Too funny that Brooke also had a baby girl at the same time. Tom's probably mad he had to share the spotlight. I'm not sure I like her new name though: Grier Hammond Henchy. I liked Rowan though; her other daughter. I hope they are also doing well. A much more stable family life awaits this little girl....methinks.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

I noticed that all of the Supermarket celeb rags this week already had Tomriffic and Katiekins on the cover even before the birth, so likely we will be seeing two weeks in a row of those publications with them on it. Also, many of these rags which probably wouldn't have dared publish anti-Scientology stories a year ago now seem to be doing so. I'm not sure if it was US Weekly or People, but one of them had lines on the cover talking about how Katie is banned from all of her old freinds, and how Tom hovers around her creepily and how every aspect of her life is now controlled.

As for Brooke Shields, she has guts, and as always my respect. I'm wondering, is she being preemptive about post-partum depression this time, or is her plan just to monitor herself (actually, I'd assume other people would have to monitor her as well, since it's not always apparent to the depressed person, right?)

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Krom, Since all of the weekly rags are decrying the birth of TomKitten... I'd imagine that they all put together a last minute story. I'm ill at the sight of it being all TomKat, all the time.

I believe Brooke has mentioned that she believes she'll be able to recognize the signs of post-partum depression this time around, if it even occurs. I believe (but perhaps I'm being glib) that because the birth is not an unknown, she just might not have the same fears that created or enhanced her reactions with Rowan's birth. Here's hoping. At least she knows what works at this point. I wish her all of the best.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

+ Reply to Thread