+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Tom Cruise & Katie Holmes

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy View Post
    Eating the placenta and umbillical cord? Uncooked? What the hell am I saying? Even cooked it would be basically a cannibalistic act even though neither are permanently part of the human body and I just can't imagine this. Disgusting!
    There are a lot of people that do this. The placenta is very, very rich in protien and is supposed to really help breast milk develop. I've known a few people that did this and its done widely in other cultures and in the wild. Animals eat the placenta exactly because the mother needs the protien.

While I wouldn't do it and it sounds gross, to each his own.

I do know a family that bought a tree to commemorate the baby's birth. The used the placenta in the bottom of the hole to fertilize the tree. I thought that was kind of cool.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    There are a zillion different foods out there in this big ole world that's chock full of protein and nutrients.
    Yea, I've heard of people eating the umbilical cord & placenta.
    This is nothing less than cannibalism IMO. Totally unnecessary and overboard.

Since he said that as a "joke".. I'll betcha that there ARE some sort of "plans" with the junk. He'll probably add bits and pieces of it in every meal and/or salad, fed to the family (including his adopted children) over a course of months...where they wouldn't know or suspect. He's loony enough to do it.

Also, how totally rude of him to have the whole family attend these "sessions" on child birth and what to do afterward, etc.. as if he's the only father in the world, or this is the first child born that's "loved".
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Really, Tom, jokes about eating the placenta should only be told by people who are not generally believed to be completely off their rockers. Maybe leave the placenta-eating jokes for Brad Pitt.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I read somewhere, I believe an old article on EWeekly, that Katie was 6 months in November. If that's true, and since she's still pregnant now, she's at 10 months.

While, I doubt she's been pregnant for 10 months and that her pregnancy was a fake, in looking at pre-pregnancy photos, I feel like there is something fishy going on.

It's also weird, to me, that she's out shopping every day for non-maternity, non-baby, items like shoes that she won't even be able to wear for a while.

From www.tvguide.com
    Blog (Matt Mitovich)

Was Parade's Poll Cruise-controlled?
    A Parade magazine poll, which suggested that 84 percent of respondents blame the press and not the actor's antics for Tom Cruise's public-relations woes, may be suspect. Parade's publicist tells the New York Post, "We found [the outcome] a little bit fishy, so we did some investigating [and] found out that more than 14,000 [of the 18,000-plus] votes were cast from only 10 computers. One computer was responsible for nearly 8,400 votes alone. It seems [someone] resorted to extraordinary measures to try to portray Tom in a positive light." A rep for Cruise had no comment, claiming, "I know nothing about the poll" but probably a damn lot about psychiatry.

That's really funny.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Katie Holmes gave birth today!

I just heard on the radio that Katie Holmes had her baby today. No news as to whether it's a boy or a girl. Or who the father is.

Brooke Shields had a baby girl today, too.

And Melissa Etheridge's partner is expecting twins.

Fertile, fertile, fertile!

Wow-Isn't it wierd that Brooke Shields and Katie Holmes had their babies on the same day?!?

Oh joy.

Ya know.. I KNEW something absolutely divine was happening earlier!! I was driving, when there was a sudden "explosion" in the sky! I saw flashes of color streaking across the sky.. reds, oranges, pinks and watermelon fairies dancing on the clouds!!!!!!!! oH JOYIOUS DAYS!!!!!
    Then.. the sky grew dark..almost as if someone was eating placentia.

Where's that :hamburger smilie anyway?
    Last edited by Maveno; 04-18-2006 at 07:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by redjdv View Post
    Wow-Isn't it wierd that Brooke Shields and Katie Holmes had their babies on the same day?!?
    Yes, it is weird and a little freaky too. What are the odds?
    Adversity reveals genius. -Horace

+ Reply to Thread