+ Reply to Thread
Page 104 of 186 FirstFirst ... 454949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112113114154 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 1858
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Tom Cruise & Katie Holmes

I am so tired of this whole Tom-Katie-Baby thing. And I know it will be worse after the baby is born. Definitely not seeing MI III. They have gone from being a couple in love to a weird two-some-soon-becoming-three-of-the-strangest-people-on-earth! It will never end.

E.T.A. Amanda: Very interesting article from the under-cover guy. I'd like to read more from someone who has been involved for several years, and yet still has it together enough to know it's still a big lie. And have that undercover person get the goods on Scientology's head honchos.
    Last edited by misskitty; 04-16-2006 at 02:05 AM.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Add me to the list of those who won't be seeing MI-III in the theatre. Although I know that my dollar won't make a difference to him, I hope that lots of people would resist the urge to go see the movie and it will tank.
    He needs a big flop with an otherwise very popular series, I think. It might send a message that people are sick of him. Oh, who am I kidding! He won't get the message....
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

NEW YORK (AP) -- Tom Cruise has taken the impending birth of his first child with fiancee Katie Holmes to another level.

"We've been doing seminars with the family just to educate them," the 43-year-old star of the upcoming "Mission: Impossible III" film tells GQ magazine in its May issue, on newsstands April 25.

"Running seminars so we can understand what Kate's going through, and for Kate to understand it. Things like how to take care of a pregnant woman and get ready for the birth.

"It's just kind of becoming a fun game of learning. We've also been studying what happens after the birth and how to take care of the baby."

Cruise says his children, 11-year-old Connor and 13-year-old Isabella -- from his marriage to Nicole Kidman -- will help take care of the baby.

"The kids will have different responsibilities and run in shifts. They're going to help on every level," he tells the magazine.

Cruise and Holmes, 27, have been engaged since June. Her pregnancy was announced in October.

The couple haven't decided whether Holmes will give birth in a hospital. "At home, maybe," Cruise says. "We're really going back and forth on that one. But it's gonna be a blast."

And they are remaining silent about the sex of the baby.

"We haven't told anybody," says Cruise. "It's either gonna be a boy or a girl."

He joked that a sonogram machine he bought when Holmes got pregnant is "strapped to her 24 hours a day. Absolutely, anywhere she goes, we have it attached." (They plan to donate the machine to a hospital.)

Cruise declined to comment on whether he called Kidman to tell her about the pregnancy.

"It's not like anything I had to or didn't have to do," he says. "I wish her well, and it's cool. There's just no issue with any of it."

As for a wedding date, "We're kind of looking at late summer, early fall. I always thought it was going to be like three days and have it be a party. But now I don't know, because all our attention is on the baby and the movie."
    http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/Movi....ap/index.html
    Does this fool think they are the first couple to ever have a baby? If a member of my family asked me to attend baby seminars so that I could "understand" what was happening, I'd think they'd lost their mind. Does he think this baby is some sort of special Scientology vessel or something?
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Cruise 'will eat baby's placenta'

Cruise 'will eat baby's placenta'

Cruise stars in Mission Impossible III, due out in May
    Actor Tom Cruise has said he plans to eat the placenta of his new baby.
    "I thought that would be good," he told GQ magazine. "Very nutritious. I'm gonna eat the cord and the placenta right there."

It is the latest in a series of unusual revelations by the 43-year-old about the child he is expecting with his fiancee, actress Katie Holmes.

The couple, who have been engaged since June 2005, plan to marry in late summer or early autumn, according to Cruise.

The Mission Impossible star has also claimed he knew Holmes, 27, was pregnant even before she told him.

Last week Cruise said on US television that Catholic-born Holmes has already joined him as a follower of the Church of Scientology.

'Silent birth'

In the GQ interview, Cruise defended the religion's doctrine that childbirth should be completed in silence.

"It's really about respecting the woman," he said. "It's not about her not screaming."

Cruise said earlier this month that their baby was due "any day now".

The baby will be the first for Holmes, while Cruise has two adopted children from his marriage to Nicole Kidman.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/4918012.stm

Just when you thought you'd read it all. YUK!!
    Act your age, not your shoe size!

Oh geez, that is really something. I keep checking this thread in hopes of reading that a spaceship came down and took Cruise back to his home planet. But instead, it just gets weirder and weirder.

The couple haven't decided whether Holmes will give birth in a hospital. "At home, maybe," Cruise says. "We're really going back and forth on that one. But it's gonna be a blast."
    A blast? That is a strange way to describe labor, in my opinion. What's going to come out of his mouth next..."Babies are neato! Labor rocks! Contractions are the bomb! Mmm, this placenta is yummy! Pass the salt!"

And why do we never hear a peep out of Katie? It is all so very very bizarre.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

Eating the placenta and umbillical cord? Uncooked? What the hell am I saying? Even cooked it would be basically a cannibalistic act even though neither are permanently part of the human body and I just can't imagine this. Disgusting!
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

I've heard of some mothers eating the placenta in certain cultures, but coming from Tom, it is just freaky and gross.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

Maybe he'll have some fava beans and a nice chianti on the side. Freak.

Run, Katie, run!
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

In the only 2 minutes I saw of his interview with Diane Sawyer he said that the placenta-eating comment was a joke and a reference to people thinking that Scientologists do crazy things. I want to believe him.

FORT Fogey
    "The kids will have different responsibilities and run in shifts. They're going to help on every level," he tells the magazine."

He is talking like everything will operate on some specific time schedule. This is a baby...not a production line. Connor and Isabella should have "shifts" looking after the new baby? Good grief. Yes, I can see both older siblings helping with the baby, but to de-personalize it down to "shifts" seems quite sterile. And, I see that god-like Tom knew before Katie told him, that she was pregnant. I guess he is omnipotent as well. This guy is a "whole bunch cuckoo...not just a little bit, but a whole bunch cuckoo".

+ Reply to Thread