+ Reply to Thread
Page 103 of 186 FirstFirst ... 35393949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112113153 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1858
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Tom Cruise & Katie Holmes

I now know why he was jumping on couches for her, she was obviously already subservient and ready to be told what to do.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Cruise denied media accounts of tension with Holmes' parents, who are devout Catholics, over her association with Scientology. "They're OK with her being a Scientologist since they're Catholic?" Sawyer asked, to which Cruise answered, "Absolutely, yes." (Broadway note: This is an absolute, boldfaced lie. Katie's parents are still outraged/horrified that she has left the Catholic faith.)

Once a liar, always a liar, I suppose. He's pretty good at lying, funny that it hasn't helped his acting at all.
    Adversity reveals genius. -Horace

a jumble of useless facts gracie's Avatar
    I shudder to think what kind of name he's picked out.
    There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home. -Ken Olsen

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda View Post
    I read a really interesting (long, but interesting) article (which you can find here) about a guy who spent a short amount of time going undercover into the first level of Scientology. I don't know how accurate any of it is, really, but it was interesting as hell.
    Great article. I think many of these celebs are stupid if the reason they stay in the cult is because some dirty secret might be revealed about them. If any of them came out tomorrow and said "hey I'm a gay drug addicted alcoholic who is also bulimic and depressed" I'd just feel sorry for them and wish them a speedy recovery through legitimate medical means but in no way would I say "damn, I won't ever see any of your movies again".
    They're all idiots!
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy View Post
    If any of them came out tomorrow and said "hey I'm a gay drug addicted alcoholic who is also bulimic and depressed" I'd just feel sorry for them and wish them a speedy recovery through legitimate medical means but in no way would I say "damn, I won't ever see any of your movies again".
    ITA, MsFroggy. In fact, it goes the other way for me--if I know the main actor is a Scientologist, I will be far less likely to watch the movie/tv show. (The only exception I can think of right now is My Name Is Earl, which I watch despite Jason Lee being a Scientologist.) I've got far less of an issue with an alcoholic bulimic depressed actor. There's just something about being in a cult--especially this cult--and it colors everything, to the point I can't escape into the performance. But then again, it could be because so many Scientologists are just plain bad actors. I'm looking at you, Tom Cruise...

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl View Post
    ITA, MsFroggy. In fact, it goes the other way for me--if I know the main actor is a Scientologist, I will be far less likely to watch the movie/tv show. (The only exception I can think of right now is My Name Is Earl, which I watch despite Jason Lee being a Scientologist.) I've got far less of an issue with an alcoholic bulimic depressed actor. There's just something about being in a cult--especially this cult--and it colors everything, to the point I can't escape into the performance. But then again, it could be because so many Scientologists are just plain bad actors. I'm looking at you, Tom Cruise...
    While I feel the same in general, for some reason I don't find myself repulsed and avoiding John Travolta vehicles. I cannot explain why, as I do my best to actively boycott other members of this cult.
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

Quote Originally Posted by MissThing View Post
    While I feel the same in general, for some reason I don't find myself repulsed and avoiding John Travolta vehicles. I cannot explain why, as I do my best to actively boycott other members of this cult.
    I also feel the same way. I think it may have to do with how just absolutely over-the-top manic Tom has been during this past year. Jumping on the couch on Opera, the way he holds Katie's neck (arghhh) during photo ops, even the way he holds her hand when they are photographed walking, and the way he kisses her in photos just seem so bizarre...if not staged. Yuck!

John Travolta on the other hand has never come out so over the top nor has his wife. Kirstie Alley is another Scientologist who I rarely ever hear preaching how great this cult is.

Of course, I will be glued to the set tonight to watch this idiot talking to Diane Sawyer!

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    I know. So will I. How embarrassing.

What gets me.. he knows he's being raked in the public opinion..as being whack job. So, what do I see while at the supermarket? Tom and Katie on the cover of some magazine..she's with that drugged out, in a trance, plastic smile..and he is GLARING at the camera, and NO smile. I mean.. wouldn't you at least smile, look happy and un-cultish if you've been going through such scrutiny?? He's a whack job. Plain and simple.
    Anyone see that cover? I think it was the cover of a magazine called, "Wow".
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Leo
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Maveno View Post
    What gets me.. he knows he's being raked in the public opinion..as being whack job.
    See, I don't think he fully appreciates public opinion. Celebrities tend to live in a Hollywood bubble, and in his case it's worsened by the Scientology crap. He may just think that if we think he's a nut, it's our fault!

Please make the madness end. I too hope that MI3 tanks big time. And which religion would accede to an adherent also practicing Scientology? That too is a ruse used to make the cult more victim friendly. As for Cruise saying that the Holmes family is OK with the scientology thing, but going on Broadway's note, they are not, then we can assume that Cruise is not only delusional but he believes the American public will accept his view of their opinion rather than what other news sources report as their opinion. In other words, he's more than a few fries short of a Happy Meal.
    Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day---Harry S. Truman

+ Reply to Thread