+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 5/27/07 - show discussion **spoilers**

FORT Newbie

Re: 5/27/07 - show discussion **spoilers**

Interesting Shady64- now that you mention Kimberly being on American Idol- I remember her- she was one of the losers. Much like the rest of the losers- you dont recall them. In fact I cannot and will be willing to bet that 99% of the people on this planet could not tell who the top 5 were on American Idol the same season Kimberly was there... case dismissed.

next- Of course everyone know Marsha, Marsha, Marsha..... (I did not mention her in my post.)

I will agree with you on Cledus and Warren G- no idea who they were..

Where we butt heads again is about the "g@y" guy.. most have never even heard of this guy- I guess if you have a job the late show is not in the cards for you. (I knew I was missing something when I was sleeping--darnett!).

Last- just for laughs and giggles I asked a few of the people in my office "do you know who Screech is" to my suprise- EVERYONE of them knew him and could even describe him.. lets face it- career in the crapper or not- people know this guy and I hope he stays on the show- I'll keep watching if he does.. besides-- drama sells...
    Last edited by Godofwar; 06-01-2007 at 07:53 AM.

Well....in defense of Warren G, anyone who knows rap knows Warren G, and the only reason why anyone outside of that demographic knew who Brat was before CFC started is because they saw her on Surreal Life. I'm guessing the same goes for Cleadus, whom I had never heard of. As for Screech, I ask anyone within a certain age range who he is and they will know, otherwise he's just as unknown as the rest of that group. The only person that 99% of people asked would know is dear old Marcia Marcia Marcia.

Screech certainly does not make the show for me. It just isn't meant to be that kind of show. Not that CFC is new to drama, but much like "The Biggest Loser" it's meant to be inspirational. Screech would have been better suited for "Surreal life". That is where I'd rather see my ignorant celebrity drama.

Snoozin' on the beach

Oh sure. DD is a nobody. Now that show has a very limited demographic. It appealed to the teeny bopper of the time and younger. Which currently would put its viewers or people who know the name between 12-30 years of age. I don't know a single person over the age of 30 that has ever heard of SBTB or Screech. Adults and even young adults don't watch teeny bopper shows and Baby boomers that had teeny boppers at the time didn't need to monitor what their kids watched.

Unlike SBTB, American Idol appeals to people ages 10-75. There isn't a single age group or generation it excludes. They don't have to appeal to one specific group, they hit all groups. Even the Tonight Show hits everyone over the age of 25-75. For those that work the first shift, there's VCR and Tivo - though they certainly have a wide audience span without people that work the first shift. Both AI and TS appeal and include the biggest generation of viewers ever - the Baby Boomers - add in the 25- 40 age group to the BB and it's massive. These 2 shows have double and triple+ the age viewer group to grab as SBTB. It's a no brainer that more people watch both show and more people of a variety of ages watch both shows. That's why Kimberly and Ross are known to people while and DD is a nobody

SBTB is really at the bottom as far as being known along with Cletus and Warren. Their demographic is just as limited as SBTB.

FORT Newbie

shady64 says: I don't know a single person over the age of 30 that has ever heard of SBTB or Screech.

Well I am 35 and know him. SO that assumption is not correct.

also read Dustins bio on here- it says something about??- ahh heck I will just cut and paste it.. :

Dustin Diamond is one of the most recognizable faces in show business today. He attended Zion Lutheran School in Anaheim, California. At the age of 8 he was discovered in a department store imitating a mannequin. While in the fifth grade, he auditioned for and was selected out of more than 5000 hopefuls for the role of Samuel "Screech" Powers in the DISNEY/NBC television series "Good Morning Miss Bliss". His character was carried over to NBC's Television series "Saved By The Bell" which ran for 10 seasons. "Saved By The Bell" is still seen in syndication 16 times per week in 105 countries.

16 times a week in 105 countries??? wow-- I wonder how many Kimberly Lock or the Soft spoke guy has in syndication... ??

Disagreement is good- it often leads others to think, but your statement of "no one knowing him"- is dead wrong.. Heck I have a 105 countires that would agree..

Snoozin' on the beach

It is correct, no one in my real life knows who he is. Disagreement is a part of the process and that goes back to your original note that makes incorrect assumptions;

Interesting Shady64- now that you mention Kimberly being on American Idol- I remember her- she was one of the losers. Much like the rest of the losers- you dont recall them. In fact I cannot and will be willing to bet that 99% of the people on this planet could not tell who the top 5 were on American Idol the same season Kimberly was there... case dismissed. ....

Where we butt heads again is about the "g@y" guy.. most have never even heard of this guy- I guess if you have a job the late show is not in the cards for you. (I knew I was missing something when I was sleeping--darnett!).
    Most have never heard of him? Not hardly. You may not be a fan of American Idol (plus any video, album or apperance Kim has made in addition) or The Tonight Show (Ross has been on E! and hosted other things as well) but a very big portion of the population is and they know these people. As a side note, I find most of these Reazlity TV Bios so overblown they must write it themselves.

It really doesn't matter if SBTB is seen in 10,000 countries 24/7- it caters to a certain age group and that limits how many people see it, where as the other shows get an unlimited amount of age group and viewers. How many 70 yr olds watch SBTB? How about 60 yr old? And 50? 40? Zero. Those age groups AND the SBTB age groups watch the other shows

Hypothetical: 80 people- 10 in each age group

1-10
    10-20
    20-30
    30-40
    40-50
    50-60
    60-70
    70-80

How many would watch SBTB? No one over the age of 30-35 is going to watch a teeny bopper show-it's specifically geared to young viewers. There is a pool of 35 potential viewers. AI is a singing show that in not geared to any specific age group, it appeals to all of them. There is a pool of 80 potential viewers. How about the Tonight Show? No one under 25 really watches, that leaves a pool of 55 potential viewers. 80 vs. 55 vs. 35

There's no way around it, DD is a nobody that a majority have never heard of. Most recognizable? He's not even the most recognizable in this cast! He's the least recognized along with Cletus, Warren G, and possibly Brat
    Last edited by Shady64; 06-02-2007 at 07:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shady64;2428237;
    There's no way around it, DD is a nobody that a majority have never heard of. Most recognizable? He's not even the most recognizable in this cast! He's the least recognized along with Cletus, Warren G, and possibly Brat
    Not true. I have never heard of Cletus or Warren G until this show. I only know Brat because of Surreal Life and she is only famous for one record that she did 10 yrs ago. At least I know Dustin and Marcia and Tiffany and when I was reminded of who he is, Ross. But this show is well known for having a variety of all levels of celebrities appear. Who really cares about how famous they are. This show is a weight loss show for celebrities and if they behave badly, it just makes it entertaining.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Snoozin' on the beach

I never heard of Cletus, Warren or DD before this show or has anyone I know in real life for that matter (they don't know Brat but I do from SL). The rest of the cast we recognize either by name or face. But then, none of us is a fan of country or Rap and except for 2 nieces, we're all over the age 33-well past teeny Bopper years

Weigh loss isn't the only topic of discussion for this show. I'm backing up my opinon with reasons that support it. If you don't care about the topic, that's your perogative. It's my perogative to defend my position
    Last edited by Shady64; 06-03-2007 at 02:02 AM.

FORT Fan

I'm glad Screech is gone, and I hope he stays gone! (but I'm sure that won't happen) He causes such drama- the hurtful kind, that it's hard to watch. I like all of the other cast members, and I don't want to see drama- I want to see a normal show, with fun people, succeed at their goals!
    Anyway- I was on the floor in hysterics last night (I had it dvr'd) when Warren went to jump and got stuck! He was the most scared (besides Brat of course) and it stalled on him. Then Cledus and Brat were crying from laughing so hard! I think I will just have to rewatch that part. I honestly don't think I have laughed that much watching a show like this- it was classic! (I'm still cracking up about it)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12