+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 5/6/07 - show discussion **spoilers**

5/6/07 - show discussion **spoilers**

This show was the height of drama all Dustin related. I must say I do applaud Maureen for losing 7 more pounds but her comments of being a perfectionist are a little disturbing in relation to her former bulima and how she reacted to Cleatus's gift. Dr. Ian is putting her journal on the celebrityfitclub.com blog.
    As this is the 2nd weight in the results will be a lot less because of the all the weight previously lost. Still interesting to see how the other celebs reacted. Then the Dustin hit the fan. I won't spoil it. It is worth watching but I found it very interesting to hear the panel comment on Dustin's behavior, especially Dr. Ian who had doubts about Dustin before they even started this cycle. I must admit Dr. Ian is being very gracious considering Dustin's behavior but I fear that it is wasted on a lost cause.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Snoozin' on the beach

Re: 5/6/07 - show discussion **spoilers**

Why is anyone trying to talk this clown into staying? No doubt he wants to people to beg him to stay. You know it's a question of a week or 2 before he goes back to his BS ways but everyone else has to change to keep him happy?

Do everyone a favor Dustin and drop dead, you worthless piece of dog s***

Darn, I missed this and now have to figure out when VH1 is going to reshow this episode.

I would love to see Dustin gone, he is hogging way to much time from so people I find much more interesting. (Maureen and Cletus to name two)
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Quote Originally Posted by nlmcp;2373755;
    Darn, I missed this and now have to figure out when VH1 is going to reshow this episode.

I would love to see Dustin gone, he is hogging way to much time from so people I find much more interesting. (Maureen and Cletus to name two)
    I use the TV Guide Online to find the show repeats it is 95% accurate and very easy to use.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I just watched the show online tonight and I just have to wonder why some of the people involved (the coaches, in particular) are even trying to get Dustin to stay. I guess it's about drama and ratings - I'm sure the producers want him to stay - but I just don't care. He's a nasty person. I hate that all of his stupid drama took away from everyone else again.

Everyone else seems to have come together on the show and are rooting each other on, regardless of the "men vs. women competition." Dustin is just there for face time. He doesn't even seem to care about losing weight. If he has a history of distancing himself from people, he obviously has some serious insecurities. It's often the most insecure people that say the most hateful things about others. Whatever the reason for his personality "issues," I just am sick of watching him. He's like the nasty bully on the playground who dishes it out and can't take it. He loves attacking other people but feigns innocence when anyone calls him on it.

Cledus sure has a lot of emotional things to work on. Makes me wonder what went on in his youth to make him that way. I would pay money to see him smack down Dustin. The fact that Dustin had the nerve to get angry and play innocent when Cledus "threatened" him just made me want Cledus to knock him out even MORE!

I had to laugh when Dustin bragged about having some sort of record deal for his comedy. Yeah, like that's going though the roof with sales. Kimberly's CD will wipe the floor with his.

Every time i see Ross, I want to give him a big hug. He is just the sweetest thing.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Two thoughts...

1) As a stand-up comedian, it's soooo hard for me to watch this show...because neither Dustin nor Ant have any credibility in the stand-up community, yet here they both are on a semi-popular cable tv show acting like they matter (and both look like idiots.)

...and watching Dustin peel off the false veneer, making it very obvious that the only reason he's on this show is to be on a tv show--and to see the obvious machinations by the show's producers just to keep this particular apparatus rolling forward, despite Dustin's showing everyone what a farce it is...makes the show nearly unwatchable.

I just think of how the producers on the Springer show are coercing people to give them what they want on camera (as shown in the show that follows CFC on VH1)...and it's easy to imagine the same things happening to get Cletus to cry about his daughter on cue...or to send a parade of cast members to try to talk Dustin out of leaving. It kind of takes the "reality" out of celebreality, doesn't it?

2) As a man of a certain age, it's sooooo hard for me to watch this show...because there have been times when I was attracted to Marcia Brady (when I was much much younger and didn't know her as Maureen McCormick) and there have been times when I was attracted to Tiffany (when I was probably too old to be)...and I don't like to think of them thinking like they're unattractive and need to parade around while people help them lose weight.

It's once thing to hope that a Bruce Vilanch or a Ralphie May or a Phil Margera loses weight so they can live longer...but Tiffany, who was just in Playboy, hasn't immediately vaporized her post-child birth weight????--well, most people don't...it takes some time...(unless, of course you're a mega-celebrity and you either get it suctioned out, a la Britney, or you get it hammered out by a personal trainer.) And Maureen looks like a very good looking fifty year old woman...

pg--And having seen Ross on The Tonight Show in his post-CFC slimness, I can only hope that I get famous enough quickly enough to get put through this nonsense so that not only can I lose all of MY extra weight but I can restore a little dignity to my profession--seattle

Snoozin' on the beach

There's nothing entertaining about someone who is just a flat out obnoxious p****. If this were real life, I'd tell him to F-off and walk away. I wouldn't tolerate this nonsense in real life, I'm certainly not going to in a TV show--i'll just stop watching if he continues to pull this BS

FORT Fan

And I've stopped watching totally, because I can't stand Dustin's narcissistic rants. Will have to come here to see what's going on. Although I see that the number of posts have really decreased over previous season.

I'm not watching until he is off the show. I highly doubt his behavior is a shocker to the people who booked him on the show. They should just let him leave or kick him off. He isn't even a fun jerk to watch and boo at as a villian.

+ Reply to Thread