+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Harvey Walden - Trainer

Snoozin' on the beach

Re: Harvey Walden - Trainer

I had to laugh when he challenged Harvey to a fight and then 5 seconds later when it looked like harvey might take him up on it, he was scared sh****ss and countered with "are you threatening me?" before tucking tail and running.

Flashbacks of James BBAS making a federal case out of a single fingernail scratch to his thumb... "I am harmed" and then crying about Janelle stealing his doll

FORT Newbie

I am so in love with my boyfriend Harvey Walden. I think that he should have more camera time and have a pool session or more scenes to show off his great body!!!

Luv ya (Harvey)
    your girlfriend in ATL
    SHERRY

FORT Newbie

Regarding the episode where Harvey and Justin got into a serious exchange of words: Harvey’s behavior was a real embarrassment to me as an African American male, who is a third generation fighter for civil rights. Everybody already knows that Justin is obnoxious and certainly makes statements to try to get a reaction from others (and other inflamatory statements for who knows what reasons). In the episode I refer to, Justin stated to Harvey; (I am trying to remember) “I would even be willing to have physical combat with you”. The next thing you know Harvey is out of his chair swearing completely loosing his cool and accusing Justin of threatening him and making claims of “kicking his ass” (or other similar words). My heart sunk when Harvey behaved that way and part (to big a part I sometimes fear) of America reinforces their opinion that the average black male can’t keep his cool and can’t handle and exchange of words without threatening to fight. Also, though a can’t hear what he said, Ian Smith was also a disappointment for getting up and yelling something at Justin while pointing at him. I suppose he simply demanded that Justin leave. He should have been defusing Harvey and questioning why ANYBODY would ever let somebody like Justin get at them.

What do you think?

Eh, my first reaction was that it was more a military thing than an African American thing. Then when Ian got up I figured it was a VH1 thing.
    Dustin is an ass, and VH1 and their lackeys are capitalizing on that for ratings.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

We also don't know everything that was said and the edits might have omitted something that led Harvey to react like he did....
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

FORT Newbie

As others may continue to chime in, I agree the the above to post make good points. I just didn't like seeing it. With respect to simple military toughness, for me, nothing could have looked tougher then if Harvey sat calmly, smiled at Justin and related that he would be very pleased to have phisical combat if Justin wanted. His reaction, again from a toughness stand-point only, made him look weak in my eyes. "Talk softly and carry a big stick".

I would have loved for Harvey to give him a date and time for combat, but I agree that there was something else editted out for H to lose his cool like that. Dang editing. I have a high regard for H and this didn't affect it in any way.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

FORT Newbie

I don't think Justin said anything important that was edited out, because Justin actually points out to Harvey that he did not threaten him, rather it was the other way around. Harvey lost his cool. I'd be happy to hear that he has admitted to this and appologized. Not a huge deal though. I'll move one. Thanks all.

Quote Originally Posted by DieuEtMonDroit;2441638;
    I don't think Justin said anything important that was edited out, because Justin actually points out to Harvey that he did not threaten him, rather it was the other way around. Harvey lost his cool. I'd be happy to hear that he has admitted to this and appologized. Not a huge deal though. I'll move one. Thanks all.
    Actually it was Dustin's threat to Ant that provoked Harvey

FORT Newbie

First let me correct myself for continually calling Dustin "Justin".

I agree with the last post that Dustin aggression toward Ant got Harvey started. However, when Harvey was really out of control (or willfully allowing himself to appear out of control for dramatic effect as I’ll allude to below) it was regarding his accusation that Dustin had threatened him.

The comments shared by others have gotten me to lighten up a bit on Harvey. But it would be nice to hear from someone else who found his behavior completely unacceptable. Indeed at the very least Harvey acted very Jerry “Springerish”; “look how tough I am in front of everyone when I know that because everyone is watching I am not going to do anything anyway”. I can’t respect anyone that has the desire to put on such a display. I can’t respect anyone that looses there cool and attacks or threatens to attack another, nor can I respect anyone who pretends to do the same. So whichever it was for Harvey, for me, it was the opposite behavior that I think our society ought to respect. I folks can call me a Martin Luther King, Jr. type of guy. Simply put, if one does not need to fight (and sometimes one does, though that whole Dustin thing fell far short need), I find it embarrassing if one puts on such a display, whether it be an honest complete loss of control, or a lenient allowance of oneself to outwardly display ones inward anger in order to show how tough one is.

I would like our society to only credit Harvey if, after listening to Dustin, smiled, looked over at Ian, chuckled, and then turned back to Dustin and said, “Any time you think you would like to challenge me to physical combat, please let me know. In fact, I am glad you mentioned it, because I think I’d be a much better choice for such a big tough guy like you, than a small pacifist such as Ant”. (or something else of similar control and comedy). Then everybody could have laughed.

Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast