+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Dustin Diamond

Re: Dustin Diamond

Quote Originally Posted by lifesabeach;2378644;
    I blame the producers for this waste of space on my boob tube. They obviously knew he was going to cause trouble and wanted him there for the drama, I mean come on. If I were any of the other contestants I'd be upset that there's this guy bringing negative energy to my atmosphere when I am trying to reach goals. Health goals. There's nothing more important than my health. It wouldn't have taken much screening by the producers to see what poison Dustin is. He could have and should have been screened out from appearing on the show.
    Of course, they knew about Dustin. The PTB (most likely) knew about Jeff Conaway, too. That's someone who definitely should have been screened out that particular season. In my opinion, these shows aren't planned strictly to showcase a random group of former celebrities, seeking weight loss and health gains. There's got to be drama, though, in these so-called "reality" shows. Outcomes, interactions, etc. of a given group of people are probably mapped out, given their personal profiles. If nothing else, given VH-1's track record of constantly upping the ante on that type of stuff (drama), the decision to go with Dustin appearing this season was to be expected. At least, they showed a moment that indicated that Dr. Ian Smith (my crush...hee ) did not agree with that decision.

Cat

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;2377962;
    There's this guy on YouTube named Michael Buckley (search for "What The Buck"). In his latest video his theory is that Screech, er... Dustin... is basically on a long audition process to cast himself as a Reality villain, on the theory that they get more work (see: Danny Bonaduce).
    **threadjack for just a moment**....The "What the Buck" guy is HILARIOUS!!! Most of the time when I watch his videos I've cried from laughing so much!

And to keep this on topic S-C-R-E-E-C-H is a total jerk!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

My sister-in-law said the same thing. It feels weird watching SBTB and Screech in the same way knowing what a jerk he is now.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

he should be eliminated for not following the diet. he's so abrassive & full of himself. plus why does he hate kimberly locke so much?
    Eat More Food! Holla, Holla, Holla! - Whitney, C10 Winner & HBIC

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I vote jealousy. She's lovely and likable...he's not.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fan

I will have to watch next week....just in the hopes that Harvey Walden will jump that desk and pound the hell out of him! The previews for next week were worth suffering through that show for! I thought Harvey was gonna blow a vein screaming at him through the bleeps! I see only a small exposure of Dustin Diamond and I want to throttle the dumb@$$...I can only imagine the RAGE that Harvey has for him!!

You know, maybe this is just me but Dustin's actions towards Kimberly remind me of second grade boys...you know the ones who would make fun, bother and just annoy some poor girl - particularly the ones he LIKED. I wouldn't be surprised one bit if he was really attracted to Kimberly which is the reason she gets the brunt of his rants.
    "We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." ~Anais Nin

"Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eye." ~H. Jackson Brown Jr

FORT Newbie

Okay okay I might be in the minority, but it wouldn't be the first time. But I have to say that I really think Dustin is actually being picked on. And .. the Drill Sergeant? Seriously? What's up with bringing in a mental case that is truly only about him and the dominance he can throw all over the place. He has no real value on the show except that he might be the drama appeal that the show feel it needs to keep up its ratings.

Dustin.. while I agree that he's rather vulgar, socially inept, and yes is giving as much as he probably deserves to take, but look at the poor dude. He's always been the odd man out in his career and now in this group of misfits. And sorry again, but Kimberly and Brat are instigators. They pick and pick and pick and wonder why Dustin hates them. I hate them. Get rid of them, they're useless to the show.

And what's up with the useless "Psychotherapist?" If she's this medical professional that is suppose to be an expert on human behaviour then why doesn't she recognize that Dustin does indeed need some serious therapy and counseling and not the embarrassing in front of everyone chastisement that he has been getting from everyone including the one person that should know better. Why isn't she getting more involved and attempting to help Dustin, Kimberly, and Brat to find a common ground so that all the bickering will end.

Personally this crud that goes on with the show actually makes me no longer want to watch. I Tivo the show and usually just fast forward and then delete halfway when Dustin gets ganked by everyone.

Step off people, and let people be people. Kimberly and Brat, get a life and grow up. If you don't like someone, that's fine, but don't continually prey on someone's already low self esteem by going down to the same level and acting like the person you accuse of acting like the behavior you resent.

It's nothing but a favoritism contest and it's rather boring.
    Last edited by Sisko Rovel; 05-21-2007 at 05:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sisko Rovel;2407824;
    Okay okay I might be in the minority, but it wouldn't be the first time. But I have to say that I really think Dustin is actually being picked on. And .. the Drill Sergeant? Seriously? What's up with bringing in a mental case that is truly only about him and the dominance he can throw all over the place. He has no real value on the show except that he might be the drama appeal that the show feel it needs to keep up its ratings.

Dustin.. while I agree that he's rather vulgar, socially inept, and yes is giving as much as he probably deserves to take, but look at the poor dude. He's always been the odd man out in his career and now in this group of misfits. And sorry again, but Kimberly and Brat are instigators. They pick and pick and pick and wonder why Dustin hates them. I hate them. Get rid of them, they're useless to the show.

And what's up with the useless "Psychotherapist?" If she's this medical professional that is suppose to be an expert on human behaviour then why doesn't she recognize that Dustin does indeed need some serious therapy and counseling and not the embarrassing in front of everyone chastisement that he has been getting from everyone including the one person that should know better. Why isn't she getting more involved and attempting to help Dustin, Kimberly, and Brat to find a common ground so that all the bickering will end.

Personally this crud that goes on with the show actually makes me no longer want to watch. I Tivo the show and usually just fast forward and then delete halfway when Dustin gets ganked by everyone.

Step off people, and let people be people. Kimberly and Brat, get a life and grow up. If you don't like someone, that's fine, but don't continually prey on someone's already low self esteem by going down to the same level and acting like the person you accuse of acting like the behavior you resent.

It's nothing but a favoritism contest and it's rather boring.
    Harvey is a physical fitness trainer, Dr. Ian is a nutrionist and Stacy is supposed to help with the mental aspects. 3 experts, a 3 pronged attack against fat.

This is the first episode that I enjoyed listening to Brat. She and Dustin obviously had conversations that we have not seen and she is just letting us know that his behavior and personality are totally different when the camera is not on him. She and the panel are just not letting him get away with the hypocritism he is spewing. As for Kimberly, yes I do think she should consider the source and just ignore him, however hard it is to do.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.

I can't stand him. I wish the producers would kick him off, but he's so much drama on the show and that usually means higher ratings. I will not be supporting his post-fit club efforts, not that I've ever supported him, but I really won't now.

+ Reply to Thread