+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Maureen McCormick

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Re: Maureen McCormick

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;2412978;
    She came across much more open then she does on CFC5.
    Maureen is one person I want to see more from, but I doubt we're going to get it on CFC. First, half the show is Dustin Diamond, which is a serious failing by the editors IMHO. Second, Stacy comes off as so superficial in analysis and condescending in tone, I don't know who would want to open up to her. Dr. Phil is no prize therapist in my book and knows his way around the business end of snark, but he's worlds better than Stacy.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl;2413020;
    Maureen is one person I want to see more from, but I doubt we're going to get it on CFC. First, half the show is Dustin Diamond, which is a serious failing by the editors IMHO. Second, Stacy comes off as so superficial in analysis and condescending in tone, I don't know who would want to open up to her. Dr. Phil is no prize therapist in my book and knows his way around the business end of snark, but he's worlds better than Stacy.
    ITA with you, Phonegrrrl, especially about this Stacy person. I wonder why they didn't get Dr. Linda back this season. She always seemed to be able to connect with the celebs and to get down to the issues without being confrontational. Stacy seems like an amateur in comparison.

I read about the Dr. Phil episode online. What a mess. I really felt for Maureen and her brother Mike. I can't imagine how desperate and sad they must feel.

I'm over Dustin and have been since, oh, the first episode. I really wish they'd just boot him off the show since he really is only there to get face time.

I'm totally rooting for Mo 100%. I love watching the relationship she and Ross have forged.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

After watching her story on Dr. Phil, I'm shocked she didn't weigh 300 pounds. The stress of her family situation must be overwhelming.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by GabbyG;2413264;
    After watching her story on Dr. Phil, I'm shocked she didn't weigh 300 pounds. The stress of her family situation must be overwhelming.
    Darn it...I missed it! I didn't get home in time from running some errands after work. Are there any good highlights you can give me? I did see some snippets on ET yesterday evening...looks like she's been living a nightmare!

Yes, please Someone who saw the entire show please give us a rundown, cause I only got a bit of the story.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I happened to be home today and flipped on the tube and got sucked into this Dr. Phil show... I felt so bad for Maureen and her brother. Short story is that her father and her other brother have been living together after their mom died. Her one brother Kevin has brainwashed her father into believing that Maureen and their other brother Michael are psychos and have been trying to steal the fathers money for years. As well as brought elderly abuse charges against Maureen and Michael her brother. During the show, Maureen has Kevin her brother and her father followed since she hasn't seen them in two years because of the brainwashing. Kevin and the father refused to sit down with Maureen and Michael and Dr. Phil. So, she confronts them at a park and the father and brother just freak out on Maureen and tell her she is a criminal and insane and a drug addict. and that she is going to go to court and what a sick person she is. Maureen keeps asking what crimes has she committed and the brother kevin starts hysterically laughing and never answers her. The father keeps telling maureen that he feels sorry for her and she is going to jail. The father and Kevin her brother are dressed alike and it looks like the brother Kevin has really done a number on his father. The father is screaming at Maureen and she keeps asking why they can't all go to therapy to get through these issues and the brother Kevin keeps turning everything around to make her feel like she is crazy. It was a really creepy show. It eerily looked like the brother and father were in a cult. We are talking Heaven's Gate cult like...They were dressed similar and they used a lot of reverse psychology against Maureen. very sick stuff. Then at the end of the show the father sent Maureen a court requested restraining order against Maureen because he said during this encounter, she grabbed him and wouldn't let go and was verbally abusive etc to him. Which i might add was total crap. They re-played the scene in question and she didn't even touch him. The court ended up throwing out the request. Even Dr. Phil was saying that he is very concerned for her father being in this house with Kevin the brother. They showed pic's of were the father is living and all the windows are covered in thick black curtains. All the doors in the home are padlocked. And there were dining room chairs blocking the doors. The cops came in and raided the home. Sorry for my ramblings,I just had a creamsicle.
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

Thanks, Realitychick, really apreciate it. That story is totally creepy.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fan

Holy Smokes! I guess having an 'unhinged' relative is more common than you think it is....even though you think it's just happening to you. Kevin sounds like he has one of the personality disorders. A normal person would have an experience followed by a reaction. A personality disorder type of person has a reaction (over-reaction!) and then invents/changes history to 'match' their reaction. It's hard to reason with someone who's missing the reasoning chip! Sounds like she's got a bigger battle to fight than just the weight...but on the bright side, I'm hoping that she feels stronger and healthier to wage her daily battles! "You GO Mo!"

FORT Fan

What happens now that the cops came in? Is there anything Maureen and Michael can do to get the father away from the psycho brother? This sounds very frustrating to me. Is Dr. Phil able to help in any way?

Quote Originally Posted by Mikesgal;2414396;
    What happens now that the cops came in? Is there anything Maureen and Michael can do to get the father away from the psycho brother? This sounds very frustrating to me. Is Dr. Phil able to help in any way?
    Maureen and Michael had a mediation about two years ago in court and they were able to get their father alone for about an hour and the father was apologizing and wanting to get in therapy but that was short lived. Once he was back in the vicinity of kevin the brother you could see the brainwashing tactics were back in full swing. Dr. Phil really wanted to sit down and have a conversation with everybody but the father and Kevin the brother did not want to. Maureen and Michael are hoping that once they (father and kevin) see the show they will change their minds. Dr. Phil stated he will be following up with them and will testify for them and speak with Maureen and Michael's lawyer so something can be done in the courts. I believe they are now going to ask the courts to intervene and have family services get involved.
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 04-30-2007, 11:55 PM