+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 8/21 - show discussion - spoilers

8/21 - show discussion - spoilers

After the show ended they were implying that next week might be the final weighin I hope not as today's show was Day 70 and I thought that they were going to run this as least 120 days which is four months and makes sense as far as the amount of weight that they want everyone to loose.

I must admit the challenge to day was fun and I want to do that. They went to a circus school and to see Phil in red sequined tights and cape is a laugh. Victoria and and Toccara were great also. Jani did not participate because of the broken rib and Ant mentioned that because of that he had not been exercising. This is a crock. I sprained my ankle earlier in the year and that didn't stop me from working out I just did a lot of uppper body and the dreaded situp. Jani can still walk or run or use the elliptical and do some upper body work such as biceps and triceps. But getting off the drugs and alcohol really do help Jani and I must admit the 10 lbs he has lost so far really show in his face.

As far as Willie Aames, if he just got off his butt and lost even 1 or 2 lbs a week his team would almost always be the winner but what would be amazing is to see if he can actually turn his life around and accomplish another 10 lb weight loss.

I am really rooting for Wendy and hope she can break 200lbs. I think that psychologically that would be a big break through for her.

My big pet peeve for this show is after the weight in they show the folks with the camera doing a 360 on them and we don't see any changes. I know that they will do this for the last show but at least when I watched Discovery's Health Challenge they showed the participants in a new 360 every weightin and they would do a fade in from the previous 360 and you could see were 2 or 3 or 4 pounds made a difference in their bodies.

I do not like the Snapple lady. Strong statement, I know. I think she tries to gain sympathy instead of DOING. The panel goes way too easy on her. When confronted with a reel of her excuses, she answered with more excuses! And somehow they fell for it. She needs toughness.

Quote Originally Posted by Onyx
    I do not like the Snapple lady. Strong statement, I know. I think she tries to gain sympathy instead of DOING. The panel goes way too easy on her. When confronted with a reel of her excuses, she answered with more excuses! And somehow they fell for it. She needs toughness.
    I agree with you. I liked Wendy on CFC1, but now she just gets on my nerves. She always has excuses and says she knows she needs to get it done, but then she doesn't. It's very frustrating.
    Support bacteria. They're the only culture some people have.

I think being older and obviously out of shape it is harder to lose weight and it comes off slower. She had problems the first go round and still does, the fact that she is still there and is still trying in my mind is great, I just hope she can break that 200 barrier.

I wonder if any of the weight is from drinking?

It's something the show might want to look at.

(And I agree w/you all about her excuses... tiresome!)

+ Reply to Thread