+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jani Lane

Jani Lane

From the official site:
    Best known as the lead singer of the multi platinum metal band 'Warrant', Jani has sold nearly eight million records, written five top 40 hits, ten top 100 hits and has had five #1 video's on MTV. The band's most famous single "Cherry Pie", was released in September of 1990. Even though the band has been together for the better part last twenty years and has released ten albums, Jani left the band in early 2005 to focus on a solo career.

Born, John Patrick Oswald and originally hailing from Akron, Ohio, Jani is the youngest of five siblings. He comes from a musical background and plays the guitar, drums, saxophone and piano in addition to singing. Jani has two daughters from two different marriages. He was married to Bobbie Brown in the early `90's and has been with his current wife since 1996.

Dang, he hasn't aged well at all. Oh well, it will be fun to see him. I am a huge Warrant fan.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Holy yikes! You're right Dags, he really hasn't aged well! Most of that has come in the more recent years cause he used to own a club here in town where I saw him a couple of times and he looked NOTHING like that back then (in the early-mid 90's).

Just watched epi 1. He looks old, and it makes me so sad. I was so in love with him. Especially since I was at a Warrant show and he came out for one of the encores and sang Heaven 10 feet away from me.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

I think Jani may have Grave's Disease (hyperactive thyroid.) Judging from his appearance and Harvey saying he has a thyroid problem, I think Grave's Disease seems like it fits the description. Strangely, the metabolism is usually higher when a person has GD, but it can also make you hungry all the time.
    Support bacteria. They're the only culture some people have.

After watching the show he is the person that I like the most and I really hope he meets the goals that are set for him.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Quote Originally Posted by starlette01350
    I think Jani may have Grave's Disease (hyperactive thyroid.) Judging from his appearance and Harvey saying he has a thyroid problem, I think Grave's Disease seems like it fits the description. Strangely, the metabolism is usually higher when a person has GD, but it can also make you hungry all the time.
    I was thinking the same thing, starlette01350. I had a professor in college who had Grave's and Jani reminded me very much of her. The doctor did mention that Jani has thyroid issues, so it could very well be Grave's.

I never thought he was all that great looking back in the day. He just looks like an older, heavier version of his 90's self. He does seem like a sweetheart and is definitely less crazy than Gary and Willie.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by JLuvs
    After watching the show he is the person that I like the most and I really hope he meets the goals that are set for him.
    Before the show I really wasn't crazy about him, but after the first episode he really made a great impression on me. I really expected him to freak out more with the rock wall after he revealed his fear of heights thing, but what a trooper! He managed to put it aside and kicked some booty on the challenge. I never expected to find him one of the most likeable of the bunch, but I'm really rooting for him now.

Don't know who he is but I can feel that he has this core of sadness. I hope that this show helps him. Again he has a very doable 30 lb goal. I was quite proud of him when he completed the rock wall and he did it without all the drama someone like Jakee brings to the show. Wish him a lot of luck. Hopfully the weight loss will help with his thyroid problem.

When I lived in LA, I used to see Jani out at the clubs all the time. I had the hugest crush on him! He was dating Becka Bramlett at the time. Through a friend, I got invited to a birthday party for one of the guys in Warrant. They all lived together in this real big, nice house in the Valley. I'll never forget that night. Their video for "Heaven" had just come out. I saw Jani in the kitchen, and he said "Have you seen our new video?". He walked me into the living room and sat down on the floor next to me while he played "Heaven". I THOUGHT I WAS GOING TO MELT RIGHT THERE!!! That was too cool. The party lasted late into the night, and we all sat around a big table and played poker till almost daylight. So needless to say, I am pulling for Jani. I don't think he looks bad, just kinda has a big beer belly. Well, shoot, so do I!
    kitty-cats rule!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast