+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Willie Aames

Willie Aames

From the official site:
    Willie Aames gained notoriety as a teen heartthrob in the late 1970's playing Tommy Bradford in Eight is Enough. In the early eighties, he had few roles and struggled with drug addiction until he read John Belushi's biography and decided to mend his ways. Shortly after that, he landed the part of Buddy Lembeck in Charles in Charge, from 1986 to 1990. Born William Upton in Los Angeles, Willie currently lives in Olathe, Kansas (a rural suburb of Kansas City) with his second wife and their daughter. Willie's son, from his first marriage, lives in Costa Mesa, CA. Currently, Willie owns a production studio that produces videos, commercials and TV programs. In addition to producing, Willie has played the title role in Bibleman, a Christian TV show about a superhero who defeats evil with prayer and the sword of truth.

From the previews, he is the number one prima donna. I don't understand why you would sign up for a show like this then not even try.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

FORT Newbie
    When they showed his current weight, it didn't seem so bad (it was under 200 lbs) but on a 5'5" man that's a different story. I didn't realize he was so short!

Yeah, I was shocked to find out he was only 5'5". I guess it is true when they say tv adds 10 lbs and inches to your height.

FORT Regular
    I'm sorry, I didn't like his attitude, I thought he was a royal Pri*k to Gary Busey. And what's with those ugly ass tats? Yuk

Not getting a good 'vibe' from him either...

But that could be due to what I've heard - does he promote those "Left Behind" videos? The ones that say the Pope will burn in h*ll?

Quote Originally Posted by Brandy
    But that could be due to what I've heard - does he promote those "Left Behind" videos? The ones that say the Pope will burn in h*ll?
    **threadjack**

I have read the books and seen the movies. In the book the Pope is raptured with the church...he doesn't burn in hell. I don't remember the movie mentioning him at all, but if they did they would follow the books.

**we now return you to your regularly scheduled thread**
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

I think that the "Left Behind" videos are Kirk Cameron's project, not Willie's.

I feel kind of torn about Willie this week. On the one hand, I, too, feel resentful and "ambushed" when people come by my home without warning, but I thought his subsequent words and actions were way over the top.

He's a self-admitted workaholic, and from my own experience of living with one, those folks tend to already have a pretty low frustration threshold. It's scary to be around them when they "snap". I think that some rest and some anger management classes would do him way more good than 20 minutes of calisthenics.

Haven't seen the ep yet so I can't comment on this particular scene.

But he does seem very run-down, on his last nerve if you will. Likely pulling way too long of a work day - day after day - and not seeing his family as much as he wants. No exercise and fast/junk food isn't gonna help him if he's having mood swings.

Thanks for the heads-up about Left Behind. I had heard from more than one person that the pope is seen as 'antichrist' in those books; if so, it gets no kudos from me.

Kirk is involved in those yes - isn't Stephen Baldwin, too? I wasn't sure about Willie.

Googling him, I saw a site that talks about Willie's role as Bible Man. Willie calls it "the Grape in a Cape". Doesn't sound like a happy guy.

I was thinking the same thing angelgirl39.
    "We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." ~Anais Nin

"Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eye." ~H. Jackson Brown Jr

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast