+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gary Busey

All those acronyms are what they teach people in rehab and programs like AA. That is what I thought of when I saw that. Did you see the movie "Postcards from the Edge"? Like that.

Gary cannot help it, if he has a head injury. I don't think people should mock him for it. He seems like he is there to do well and help others do well. I think comparing him to Daniel Baldwin is unfair - Daniel did not take it seriously and skipped out on his team... also was very aggressive with the other team.

Gary seems like a good guy. A little eccentricity (ok, maybe an understatement) never hurt anybody.

^I agree. I can't help but like Gary.

Plus he's the only non z-level celebrity on this show...giving it a little more credibility.

I never thought I'd say this based on the first episode, but Gary is really growing on me and actually becoming a favorite of mine. Granted, he's a bit different, but he's definitely serious about the task that he's taken on with CFC2 and he's doing well at it.

I think Gary is a little nutty,but I like him..

Gary continues to amaze me! I thought he was going to be a big dope and a pain in the butt.

Although he's a bit spacey he's very determined to accomplishe whatever he puts his mind to.

I'm very proud of him.

Alright, question. Since Gary has met his weight goal, what happens now? I know he's expected to maintain it and tone up, but how does that benefit the team? This is what I don't understand about the show, there's no accounting for being healthy or developing muscle- just the team weigh in. I think it should be done in terms of fat percentage. Can someone enlighten me?

If not, I will assume I am correct as always.

Onyx, good question! I believe this is a CFC first though that anybody's actually met their entire goal....and ahead of time none the less! So who knows Maybe they hadn't even thought that anybody would/could actually do it.

I knew Gary had to be really close just when he showed up at the weigh in this past episode....his face is SOOOO skinny now! (almost a bit too skinny cause it's making him look older to me) He's truly an inspiration for sticking to something and seeing it all the way through. Honestly, I'm thinking that he'll probably end up losing even more in the upcoming weeks he's just so freakin determined.

I tried not to like him but he has become one of my favs this season, I still can't believe they traded him.

The wind seems a bit let out of Gary's sails since he got traded. I think maybe he was proud of the leadership he showed. At some level it's gotta get to anyone if they're voted off unanimously... from anything.

Did anyone notice what Gary did on the hamster-ball-race episode? He claimed he couldn't race due to his knees. Coincidentally Phil was up at the same time and obviously could not even enter the hamsterball.

Gary did the obstacle course in a later episode - including running, and jumping etc. (yes he threw out his knee but point is, he always wants to try).

Gary was making an excuse to bow out from hamsterball racing, to spare Phil's feelings. So Phil would not be the only one to not be able to race. I just wanted to give a hi-sign to him for the classy move. He did it so quietly I'm not sure it was even noticed.

I hate it when some of the others on the show make fun of him. So what if he's eccentric, (a bit) I mean, the man's head exploded like a Halloween pumpkin at one point... And he still has a good attitude (better than Wee Willie's). I wish they'd leave him alone.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12