+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 9/29 Finale Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by dberk View Post
    I'm glad the best voice won. I can see Alfonso in a Broadway musical, but not as a solo artist. He doesn't have the "look". Lucy has the look, but not the voice. Hal is the whole package, if he stops yelling.
    Shouldn't talent count more than just having a "look?" I guess it really doesn't anymore, which is a shame. I'm glad the one with the most talent won. I hope he does get a singing career out of this, if he wants one.

Quote Originally Posted by dberk View Post
    Alphonso's charity for the $100k is called "?".
    I believe it was called Second Chance.

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    Shouldn't talent count more than just having a "look?" I guess it really doesn't anymore, which is a shame. I'm glad the one with the most talent won. I hope he does get a singing career out of this, if he wants one.
    Amen, and hallelujah!

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Poor ole Little Richard...he smoked too much crack before the show and he had to leave!!!

I was thrilled to death that Alfonso won!!! He was definitely the best singer out of the three!

I loved Gladys and Smokey's duet....but I would have really loved seeing a Donny & Marie duet!!

Wayne did a good job as the 4th Boyz2Men in the group...where was the other guy at???

If they do this show again, puleaze don't have Little Richard as a judge!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

I'm glad that Alphonso won even though I thought Jai should have been in the finals. The fact that he was in Rent makes me feel better about that since I think it did give him an unfair advantage. I won't be watching this show if they do bring it back but at least someone that can actually sing won this time.

As I was watching the finale, it made me think of last season's Dancing with the Stars--Jerry Rice got second place, when really he should have gone when Lisa Rinna did. Lucy should have gone before Jai--no way is her singing better than his.

That "Rock around the Clock" number really demonstrated why Lea and Chris were kicked off early--Lea was sooo out of tune.

How intimidating would it have been to be singing "Hard to Say I'm Sorry" and have Marie Osmond come out singing?

I'm glad Alfonso won. All in all, I'd watch this show again, but I'd suggest they have it end before the fall season starts next time, because I'd guess that Grey's Anatomy and CSI far outweighed CD in viewers.

I wish Hal had won and it had been the three guys in the finale
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Kicked out of the hive dzzyedge's Avatar
    I'm thrilled that Alfonso won. I love his voice, and he should do Broadway. I don't know if he could have a solo career, but he was the best singer. It's nice to see that someone who can sing actually won!

He activates my yummy!!!! yourefired's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dberk;2087433;
    Alphonso's charity for the $100k is called "?". It provides kids with deformities the plastic surgery the need.

It was hard to see his reaction to winning, since they dumped a ton of trash (confetti) on them right after the announcement was made.
    Alfonso's charity was called Fresh Start for Kids. He co-chairs it with Melrose Place alum Grant Show (Jake).

Alfonso was thrilled to win. I kinda felt bad for him, though. I think he really espected to get a recording deal out of this show. And most people saw this show as little more than cheese.

I love Alfonso (and now have impure thoughts about Carlton Banks.......lol). I think he has an amazing voice and could be a recording star. We knew he could sing. He sang in several episodes of Fresh Prince. We just didn't know how good.

I could see him on Broadway, but I doubt that will happen. He has a 3 year-old daughter in LA and is in the process of getting a divorce. I doubt he'd want to commit to a gig 3000 miles from her.
    Geisha Ninja Sparkle Dance
    Twirling Ninja Sparkle Dance

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123