+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 9/28 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by yourefired View Post
    Come on unc, SB is the front man for Skid Row. 18 and Life was one of my favorite songs circa 1991. It's a classic.
    In 1991 I was 41 years old and not listening to Skid Row. I've heard of them, but that's about it. Not the kind of music I enjoyed at that point in my life, or at this point either.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Well I've been voting (for Alfonso!)...has anyone else????

Lucy: 1-866-903-8381
    Alfonso: 1-866-903-8382
    Hal: 1-866-903-8383

I loved Alfonso and thought he did awesome with both of his duet partners! Gladys Knight is still such a beautiful lady...even my 13 year old son said she was gorgeous! I love the camadarie between Dennis DeYoung and Hal Sparks...they sounded really good together (again!)....Hal didn't with Sebastian but I was really paying more attention to Sebastian anyway
    Lucy is a very sexy lounge singer (a la Michelle Pheiffer in the Fabulous Baker Boys) but I enjoy Alfonso much more.

I loved the Carlton dance....and I'd really love for Will Smith to show up and surprise the audience tomorrow..have no idea what he'd sing with Alfonso but I'd squeal like a teenager if he did show up (and I'm a 40 year old woman!).

Other than Little Richard, who continually drives me up the wall , I have loved the show....we've had Wayne Brady singing a duet...I want Donny and Marie to sing one!!!!!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

He activates my yummy!!!! yourefired's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott View Post
    In 1991 I was 41 years old and not listening to Skid Row. I've heard of them, but that's about it. Not the kind of music I enjoyed at that point in my life, or at this point either.

ROTFLMAO! I think I enjoyed it a lot more then than I did tonight. =)
    And honestly, I can't name another Skid Row song besides 18 and Life. Guess I'm getting old. lol
    Geisha Ninja Sparkle Dance
    Twirling Ninja Sparkle Dance

FORT Fanatic
    ROTFLMAO! I think I enjoyed it a lot more then than I did tonight. =)
    And honestly, I can't name another Skid Row song besides 18 and Life. Guess I'm getting old. lol
    18 and Life
    I Remember You
    Monkey Business
    Slave to the Grind

Back in the day, Baz (Sebastian's nickname) was da bomb! He was prettier than most women, and had a killer voice. Saw him on Broadway in "Jekyll and Hyde" and even my 60-ish folks loved him.

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama View Post
    Well I've been voting (for Alfonso!)...has anyone else????
    I've been voting for Alfonso too. If he doesn't win, there is no justice! He deserves it more than anyone!

Quote Originally Posted by catgyrl View Post
    18 and Life
    I Remember You
    Monkey Business
    Slave to the Grind

Back in the day, Baz (Sebastian's nickname) was da bomb! He was prettier than most women, and had a killer voice. Saw him on Broadway in "Jekyll and Hyde" and even my 60-ish folks loved him.

Oh yeah! I remember you! Great song. Is he opening for Guns N Roses or the new lead singer? I just heard catch him with GNR.

FORT Fanatic
    Oh yeah! I remember you! Great song. Is he opening for Guns N Roses or the new lead singer? I just heard catch him with GNR.
    I'm pretty sure he's doing gigs with GnR. He's great buds with Axl Rose. I tell you... back in "the day" Sebastian could "scream in tune" better than anyone I've ever heard. Still not too bad looking, although he MUST cut that hair. It's not as pretty as it used to be. haha

Quote Originally Posted by dberk View Post
    Singing would not be a good career move for Lucy. She is a wonderful actress and performer. I saw her on SNL years ago and she said she'd love to do that type of show all of the time.
    I don't know what kind of actress she is - never saw her in anything. But I would recommend that she stick to acting, because her singing is horrible.

Doing a lap before I commit to a location
    I think he's opening for them, or sharing billing, possibly with "SuperGroup " or whatever band he and Nugent, Bonham and what's-his-head came up with. Or maybe another incarnation of Skid Row? I was going to come in and tell Unk my list, but you beat me to it! I think "Youth Gone Wild" may have been on the radio more, and more recognizable to non-fans. Sebastian used to be drool-worthy, not so much any more.

Well, I gave up on this show a few weeks ago, and I'm shocked to come in here and see that Jai was gone... WTH? I was counting on tuning in tomorrow and see Jai and Alfonso battling it out with someone or other and Alfonso doing the Carlton Dance, maybe Wayne Brady will sing, or Marie or Little Richard will perform, etc.
    So he did the Dance already????? BOOOOO!

Maybe I'll tune in tonight for a "recap" or maybe he'll do it again?
    Could does not mean should

ALfonso is my absolute number one pick to win this show. I think his voice sounds the most controlled of any of the rest.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234