+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 9/28 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

catgyrl - I hope this has given you a good look at the show through the eyes of 2 people who aren't struggling to get through day after day in such sorry surroundings as Hawaii must have.

To add insult to injury now, I just heard a Tom Jones song during a commercial.

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by dberk View Post
    catgyrl - I hope this has given you a good look at the show through the eyes of 2 people who aren't struggling to get through day after day in such sorry surroundings as Hawaii must have.

To add insult to injury now, I just heard a Tom Jones song during a commercial.
    You're too funny!! The trade-off is our high cost of living.

Dang - I really wanted to see Tom, but I guess Dancing With the Stars got him first.

OMG, Bonnie Tyler has aged badly. She sounded horrible. I love that song and was sorely disappointed.

Make Hal stop...ouch, he is ruining a good song. Sebastian should reach over and take away his microphone.
    Last edited by dagwood; 09-28-2006 at 10:30 PM.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

Maybe we should chug on over to namby pamby land where we can find some self confidence for you, you jackwagon!

He activates my yummy!!!! yourefired's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott View Post
    OMG. Hal Sparks is screaming something, I have no idea WTH it is. He's singing with Sabastian Bach, whoever the hell that is. I'm lost on this one.

Come on unc, SB is the front man for Skid Row. 18 and Life was one of my favorite songs circa 1991. It's a classic.

Personally, I think all 3 ended well. It was a strong finale despite the absence of Jai, but if Alfonso doesn't win this, there's no justice.
    Do you want to see the Cook Islands Great Humpback Whale? Ozazy Lusth from Survivor! Ozzy, I want to see the great cook Islands Humpback Whale!

Quote Originally Posted by dberk View Post
    I'm so disappointed that Tom Jones was not tapped to sing with Alfonso. When is he going to whip out the Carlton dance? We fulfilled our part of the agreement by getting him to the final. I hope he isn't going to hold out on us until tomorrow. That will have the voters frothing at the phone.

He did it, and I loved it. Is it weird that I'm now crushing on Carlton Banks? I haven't done that since he was the cool guy opposite Ricky Schroder on Silver Spoons. Well, he is recently separated, so maybe I can snatch him up this time......if Marie doesn't beat me to it. His soon to be ex-wife is white, so I know he likes a little vanilla in his women. =)
    Do you want to see the Cook Islands Great Humpback Whale? Ozazy Lusth from Survivor! Ozzy, I want to see the great cook Islands Humpback Whale!

Quote Originally Posted by catgyrl View Post
    Thanks!! Lucy's song was called "Total Eclipse of the Heart". I'm guessing Alfonso sang with John Secada (cuban guy, right?) I looooooove him, too.

Hal & Sebastian... hmmm... I loved Sebastian back in his Skid Row days, but his voice hasn't held up very well.

My guess is that Jon Secada was secured thinking he'd sound good with Jai. I think Alfonso pulled it off nicely. It was honestly nice to see him step out of his R&B comfort zone. He knocked it out of the park despite being outside his preferred R&B genre.

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott View Post
    Lucy brought back Smoky Robinson to sing with.

That was smart. It was her best performance of the show.

This is the part I have waited for all season.

THE CARLTON!
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

Maybe we should chug on over to namby pamby land where we can find some self confidence for you, you jackwagon!

I have a feeling he WILL hold off until tomorrow. Would be kinda too bad if he went and did the dance... and then didn't win! Humiliated himself for nothing. haha Great strategy by him, I must say: "Take me to the finals, and you'll get the dance."

I don't think the Carlton Dance humiliated him at all. I think it shows him as a good sport who doesn't take himself too seriously. Remember that Sureal Life episode where the restaurant customers (and Vanilla Ice) wanted Gary Coleman to say "What you talking about Willis" and he flipped out. Alfonso showed the opposite by doing the dance win or lose. He shows he can laugh at himself and that he knows what got him celebrity status. I applaud him for doing it tonight and not bribing America for a win. He's a good sport and a class act. Go Alfonso go!

You're too funny!! The trade-off is our high cost of living.

Dang - I really wanted to see Tom, but I guess Dancing With the Stars got him first.

They did say more surprises tomorrow night. Maybe Tom will sing with Alfonso tomorrow. It could happen. CD takes more time than DWTS for the celebrities. Maybe Tom couldn't commit a week to rehearsing with the stars, but he might fit in a one-day appearance.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast