+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 9/21 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    I taped the show and haven't had a chance to watch it yet but I am dumbfounded that Jai was eliminated....... WTH????????????????????????? Yes, I like Hal alot and thought he was entertaining but I just knew that him and Cheech would have been the 2 eliminated.....

Well I guess that takes care of it then....its Alfonso all the way baby!!!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

So Lucy is in and Jai is out? Those Xena fans must have been voting with a vengance.

Jai got robbed!!

Lucy (aka Xena) must have a huge fan base due to what her character was and what some imaged it to be. I wouldn't count her out to win this. I like the way she sings and have no problem with her making the finals, but Kenny and Richard were the only good pairings with her.

I never really cared for Jai's performances. He wanted to be part of this and he was, almost to the end. He was clearly upset, but that's the chance you take when signing on for a popularity contest.

The smartest thing Alfonso did was to withhold the Carlton Dance until/unless he made the finals. He did very well in the show. I thought he was the best overall. However, I don't think he could have gotten the votes without the promise of the "dance".

Hal has a wonderful voice. Probably the best in the competition. He is also the best showman and best looking man, BUT too often he insisted on screaming instead of singing. For that reason I didn't expect him to be in the finals. It was one thing to bring a rock star on, but heavy metal is barely music and we shouldn't have been subjected to it.

Now I have a little more time I will write something more.

The opening clip with the voiceover and celebs standing "somberly" on the stage and behind the screen was taped pre-show, about 20 mins before the live show. Good thing they did too, as they had problems with the audio and had to run the whole thing about 5 times. I am so glad they used the celebs faces from the last run through as we were all getting tired of doing it at that point.

As for the show. You pretty much saw all of it....I was sitting right by the El Hambra Pep squad --- the group Wayne did one of the intros with and went almost deaf as a result.

Warm up guy was my buddy Corey, poor guy knows me by name, and he was great as usual. Saw some of the producers and stage managers that also know me by name and they asked where I had been as I think my last taping was American Idol when Kevin was still there.

As for the celebs and by that I mean all of them as it is too hard to group. Hal was the only one that seemed to go out of the way to group all of his pockets of fans in the audience. Everytime a group yelled at him he waved and said thank you. That happened throughout the show and solidified what a nice guy he is --- yes, nice guys can be rockers.

Lucy sounded so much better live, but I wanted to nap when she sang So I just watched Richard Marx instead and drooled I think that she could easily win and that makes me a little sad.

Cheech was the funniest of the night and he also had a suprisingly good voice. I am not really sure what sound editors do with shows --- but every taping I have been to the people sound much better live.

Jai, well I am glad I went this week so at least I saw him. He was adorable and probably my favorite. I thought he would be safe so I wanted to vote for Hal to keep him around too. Oh well. I hope he does something musically as he has the chops.

Alfonso I am the most meh about. He voice isn't my cup of tea. His daughter is the cutest little kid I have ever seen --- and it takes a lot to trump my nephews. We sang Happy Birthday to him.

All of the contestants are really close.

The celeb singers --- well what can I say? my draw dropped with each of them...sometimes in a good way sometimes not. It really made me think of Hit Me Baby One More Time.

Hopefully I will be watching Hal win the whole thing.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    I just have had a chance to watch the tape from the results show and can I give a big round of applause to Jai and Ms. Patti LaBelle for an unbelievable duet of "Somewhere over the Rainbow"

I have always loved hearing Patti sing that and I thought Jai did a outstanding job in keeping up with her!! There is NO way he should have went home this week.......I was looking forward to the battle between Jai and Alfonso!

Lucy is unbelievably stunning and very sexy but she was horrible in her result show duet with Richard Marx..... (tho I think Richard is still sexy!)
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

I admit to not watching either show this week because I'm completely bored by it but Jai got cut? He was clearly the best singer with Alphonso 2nd. Lucy is only tolerable and Hal doesn't have much when he's not screaming. This whole show turned out to be a joke imo. Little Richard as a judge was such an error in judgement although humorous at times. I seriously doubt there will be a 2nd run of this show.

Quote Originally Posted by JLuvs View Post
    Now I have a little more time I will write something more.
    Just wanted to say thanks JLuvs, I appreciate your recap.

I know there doesn't seem to be a lot of interest in this show, at least here on FORT, but I've actaully found it entertaining and some of it surprisingly good.

I'm thinking that unless the ratings are better than the amount of interest here, the show won't be back.

The ratings are actually pretty good. From what I've read, the show is averaging around 8 million viewers per airing. Of course, that doesn't guarantee a renewal, but it's got a fair shot.

Quote Originally Posted by MotherSister View Post
    The ratings are actually pretty good. From what I've read, the show is averaging around 8 million viewers per airing. Of course, that doesn't guarantee a renewal, but it's got a fair shot.
    I would be shocked if it didn't come back. But I get shocked regularly. I got a subbing job so I am not going to the taping on Friday as I don't have the time to drive in the two hours after work.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123