+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 9/21 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by dberk View Post
    I doubt that I understood even 50% of the words she sang. Alphonso was much better than she was. I loved his part, but she was awful.
    Who did he sing with, and what did they sing?

Quote Originally Posted by catgyrl View Post
    Who did he sing with, and what did they sing?
    I don't remember the song and can't spell her name so I'll try to spell it phonetically. Shock a con

I'd missed who Cheech and Alfonso sang with, because I was trying to watch the premiere of CSI at the same time. I did see Lucy's performance with Richard Marx (eee!) and Hal sing with Dee Snyder. I saw a moment of Jai with Patti, but didn't stick around.

Without seeing it, I'm guessing that it's Cheech's turn to go.

Quote Originally Posted by dberk View Post
    I can't believe there aren't more people watching this.
    Lucy looked and sounded great and Richard was a perfect fit for her. I wish he hadn't played the guitar. I wonder if she stood below him like that because she's so much taller than he is.

Hal sounds just horrible. He has a great voice and shouldn't waste it on yelling.

I was watching it, of course, three hours later

Richard and Lucy sure did make a great couple and they didn't sound too bad either..

Hal was great if you like yelling...urgh...Marie O. said it like it was....no tone to his yelling...

Missed Jai.

Preferred Lucy and Richard Marx's version of Right Here Waiting more than Clay Aiken's version on his CD.

Missed Hall and Cheech (was watching The Office for the second time). Caught them in the recap and wasn't impressed.

Alfonso sounded good, but Chaka Khan somehow ruined her own song. It was sad, especially since that was my wedding song.

There are two eliminations tomorrow, right? Hal and Cheech are gone.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Someone puleaze get rid of Little Richard...........he seriously makes my head hurt and he makes Paula Abdul look and sound like a genius! If I was David Foster, I'd be kicking him underneath the table!!!

Cheech, bless his heart, has GOT to go...tho for his benefit, it had to be harder than hell to sing with Al Jarreau!

I love Hal Sparks and think he is adorable and not a bad singer but I just don't think he can compete with Jai, Alfonso and Lucy...those three will be the 3 that go to the finale next week, IMO.

Wayne Brady didn't do a bad job singing with Patti LaBelle either! I love Patti LaBelle but last night she didn't look good...I didn't like her clothes, I didn't like her makeup and I didn't like her hair! Maybe she'll look better tonight!!! I would have liked to have seen Patti and Chaka sing together.

JLuvs...you were at the show, right? How was it live?????
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

I haven't been impressed with Lucy at all, and last night didn't change my opinion. Her voice is passable, and possibly could get better with training, but it's too thin or something. And she never seems like she has any chemistry with her partner.

Cheech had a hard song to do, and did okay, but not great. He definitely doesn't have the best voice, sounded best with Randy Travis.

Hal has a wonderful voice when he sings like he did last week with Dennis DeYoung - he doesn't need to scream and I was disappointed that he went back to screaming. He's still more entertaining to me than Lucy by a million times. I hope David Foster follows through and makes a record with him - I'd like to hear what he can do in the studio.

Jai was okay, given the song. I like the song, just don't think the partner and song were a good fit for him. Jai has a good voice and good interaction with his duet partner, I wish they could find a better fit for him tho.

Alfonso just keeps getting better and better. It seems like no matter who he sings with, it's like they've been partners for a long while. Love his voice, his stage presence, etc.

Getting elimited tonight should be Cheech and Lucy, but it will be Cheech and Hal.

Winner should be Alfonso, but it will be Lucy (too many Xena fans to contend with I'm afraid). I may actually have to think about voting

It hasn't been a bad little show, finishing stronger than it started IMO. They definitely need to get rid of Little Richard, he's not amusing.

This will be a few really quick comments as I still have no internet at home and have four mins left here at the library.

All of them sounded much better live. MUCH better. You can see me behind Wayne when he introed Lucy's video. I am going to the finale as well

It was brilliant and Hal got all my votes last night.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Anyone watch the show tonight? I was shocked Jai got booted--- not as shocked as he was I'd bet. He deserved to be in the final three in my opinion. But I think Alphonzo should win since he's been consistently good. Whatever (evs!)--- it's all for charity!

I thought Patti's outfit (looked like a tutu) last night was pretty tacky, but tonights...no better.....a giant bag dress is, well, tacky too. Well at least her singing is classy!

Jai is out? No way!

Edit: Thanks Jluvs for taking the time to give us the report of the show......lucky you!
    Last edited by Vonna; 09-23-2006 at 01:03 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast