+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 9/14 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I liked Cheech singing this song. Aaron was awful.

Marie is so afraid of being Randy or Paula that she's willing to be booed like Simon for actually judging honestly. I still can rarely tell whether Little Richard is giving a positive or negative comment. David needs to explain his comments more. His championing Carly is outrageous.

This was actually the first time I've enjoyed Jai's performance and David gave him after praising him previously.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Little Richard smokes crack! I told my son there must be something about people who sit in the middle chair! You've got crackhead Little Richard, babbling Paula and screaming Mary (from SYTYCD)!!

I loved seeing Dennis DeYoung (sorry Unk!) I was a huge Styx fan and I've even turned my 13 year old son onto them so it was great seeing him (even tho WOW! he's aged). I thought Hal did a really great job with him too!

My faves are obviously Jai and Alfonso. I want Alfonso to make it to the final two so he will do the Carlton dance! They need to have him come out sing with Will Smith and then have him do the Carlton dance! My son would be in heaven if that happened! Taylor Dayne looked completely different....I always wanted my hair to be like hers back in the 80's!

I've never been a big fan of Aaron Neville's and I felt really sorry for Cheech because I imagine it was extremely difficult to sing a duet with Aaron.

Carly is a cute girl but she needs to find another "dream" because I don't think she is a singer! I think she was more interested in looking at Jessie McCartney than she was singing!

Lucy Lawless was pretty good...one of the things I like about her best is she always seems so genuinely thrilled to be singing with these superstars! Plus I loved when she did a little snippet of her Xena call!!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

I really like this show. It's too bad I don't get to watch all of it (stupid kids and family obligations). I wasn't very impressed with Lucy, Cheech, or Carly. Hal was totally awesome. He's my favorite VH1 "I Love the 80's" guy. And Jai? Wow, such a little guy with great talent. I'm glad to see he's venturing past the Queer Eye thing. Alfonso is totally my favorite. I'm a big Fresh Prince nerd and whenever I hear Tom Jones I think of him. I hope he wins!!

Man, I forgot that it was on tonight! I remembered as soon as the repeat of The Office ended, so I caught the quick recap. From the brief clips I heard, Alfonso and Lucy sounded good, Jai didn't sound as great as usual but still good, and Carly and Cheech weren't that great.

Love hal and Lucy. think Marie Osmond needs to chill out.

FORT Fanatic
    I've been enjoyng this show though there is a certain corniness to it. My favourites are Hal & Jai. I was a little confused by the judging tonight. First of all, I think they should switch it up and start with David and move on to Marie and just get rid of Little Richard. Alfonso was criticized for mentionng his sore throat. Isn't that exactly what Jai did last week? I don't remember David criticizing him for that. I didn't understand David's comment to Hal either - he doesn't think he's a rocker? ok.... what do you think he should be singing? Lastly, I enjoyed Jai's song though I agree with Marie that the moving backwards was a little awkward. I haven't a clue why David thinks the song was a big miss. I kind of enjoyed Carly and Jesse tonight. I didn't much care for Lucy & Dionne and would agree that Cheech and Aaron weren't in synch. I still think Cheech has a pretty good voice though.

guide54, I agree that they should take turns starting off the judging, so David quits whining about having so little time (which he then proceeds to eat up by complaining!) And Alfonso being concerned that his throat is sore and wondering if he's going to be able to sing is *not* "whining that he's sick." I've seen AI contestants who actually did whine about being sick and use it as their excuse for not singing well; some deservedly so, some not.

I "called" Dionne, Jesse and Dennis before they came out, due to the songs that were sung. I love Styx, so it was fun to see Dennis De Young. My daughter was thrilled to see Jesse McCartney, but the whole song was just painful to me. I like the song, but both of them were off-key.

I'm rooting for Jai, Hal and Alfonso. Jai's clearly the best one, Hal is hilarious (he's my favorite "I Love the '80s" commentator, too!) and Alfonso has my support because my daughter and I want to see the Carlton Dance. LOL

I haven't seen this since the premiere and the highlights at the end of another show.

I was rooting for Jai, but when I found out that he started out on Broadway in a lead role for Rent, no less, I decided that he didn't even belong on the show. I think that is why I tuned out, besides the not-great singing and the whats-the-point vibe. I do like seeing the professionals in this arena, though.

I realize some actors get singing training and even experience. I sorta even question Alfonso's singing experience, but I don't think he has ever been a professional musician.

Quote Originally Posted by guide54 View Post
    Alfonso was criticized for mentionng his sore throat. Isn't that exactly what Jai did last week? I don't remember David criticizing him for that.
    Yes!! I said the exact same thing. And he wasn't whining about being sick anyway, he was obviously concerned that he wouldn't have a voice to be able to sing. A legitimate concern if you ask me, and the same one Jai express the other week.

Maybe David is just PO'd because he doesn't have any time after Marie and Little Richard get through with their comments.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast