+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 9/7 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

9/7 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Please keep all discussion in this thread until 1 a.m. Eastern. Thanks, and enjoy the show!

The train she is wrecking...

But repeats are still on otherwise and I am bored. So I will watch (for now) and mock.

Oh look! Wayne Bobblehead!

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

I read some article that had Hal and Jai as the leaders in this joke and not Alphonso. So I am already apparently looking through a distorted glass I guess.

Oh look. It's a tiger! No a drag queen. No wait... tt's just Wynona in the UGLIEST COAT EVER.

This song was a bit more suited to Hal's voice than anything last week, but it still sounded a bit... forced.

To give Hal some credit, at least he got the better of that idgit David Foster, who was doing the usual "reality show talent judge" thing of reversing the criticism from what he gave last week, as well as asking for something inherently impossible (a more layered performance in a freaking MINUTE AND A HALF). And maybe that answers my OWN criticism about it sounding forced as well. Did he have any other choice? Maybe not.
    Last edited by Krom; 09-07-2006 at 09:13 PM.

Hal did a good job with this song. His stage presence indicates that he's comfortable doing this. I didn't see any evidence of nerves. I like Wynonna and I'm sorry to see that she hasn't been successful in her weight loss attempts.

That was awful on both parts! Lea has a set of legs doesn't she?

I liked Leah singing by herself, but was surprised about the comment that their voices blended well.

FORT Newbie
    I was all set to see Lou Gramm come out and sing, and then I see the redheaded monster called Wynonna? Her singing that song was a travesty.

For someone who doesn't want to embarrass her daughters, Lea should really avoid those faux-sexy moves. She looked um... ridonkulous. I won't even get into her weak, warbly, reedy voice embarassing her too. She's got great legs, but the butt-wiggling just looked pathetic and desperate.

And Belinda Carlisle? Great singer. But hardly the lead singer of a CURRENTLY hot group. Lea's daughters probably have NO idea who Belinda is.

Please. Can someone offer Little-Richard-To-English translation services? Subtitles maybe?

Ah. Poor Cheech. He thinks he can put out a singing album. Heck, he can't even do comedy anymore. And he does country AGAIN? Pwui. It was one of those songs that doesn't take any real singing talent--it was like... a bar-room song.

Little Richard needs to cut his drug intake by like 95%*. I'm so embarrassed for him.

*I'd say 100%, but come on, let's be realistic.

I love Clint Black and country appears to be Cheech's music of choice. I was shocked to see how young his girlfriend is and how old Leah's husband is.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast