+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 9/7 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Krom View Post
    I AM curious about tomorrow though, as the "first" results show. I wonder what they will do to fill the time. Probably something annoying, like Celebrity Group Singing. In which case I may have to puke.
    Either Hal or Jai said, "Wait until you hear what I'm singing tomorrow," which I take to mean they'll all be singing another duet. As for them all singing together, most of them have a hard enough time singing with one person, I can't imagine all of them at once.

Why don't the judges take turns with their comments? That way, David Foster could say all that he wants to say 2/3 of the time, and Little Richard will get limited time to speak one out of three performances. I'm kind of surprised that they make fun of his incomprehensibility right in front of him, though...unless he's genuinely so out of it that he wouldn't notice if they set his hair on fire. Which, come to think of it, could only improve the way it looks.

Marie = Randy
    Little Richard = Paula
    David Foster = Simon?

Is that how you were thinking of it? One ex-musician who's arbitrary. One ex-musician who's NUTS. And a record producer who's mean?
    Exactly! At least Marie doesn't say "Yo Yo Dawg." I guess Little Richard is the comedy relief, but he's more disturbing than funny. Didn't Cheech call him Little as though it was his first name? Simon is more interesting than Foster.

I enjoy listening to Lucy and she is clearly working hard here. I'm so used to hearing her talk like an American that her natural voice throws me.

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott View Post
    Time for a Marie Osmond story. My nieces and nephew used to work at Opryland during college. Part of their job was to work at the Opry House backstage during the award ceremonies (CMA, etc) that used to be held there. Marie Osmond appered on one of the shows and when she got ready to leave she couldn't find her mink coat. She threw a fit screaming about who stole her oat, she wanted it back and so on. Come to find out, she had left it on the bus.
    Those are the kind of celebrity encounter stories you hope not to see. Unfortunately, they seem to happen. I don't hold a lot of celebrities in high esteem.

After watching last night's show, I'm convinced that Carly will definitely be booted out tonight because she performed the worst.

I didn't get to hear Hal Sparks but I, too, think Carly is gone. I melted when Jai sang. God those eyes are just so intense!
    Can someone post the songs that they all sang? I know Carly did "I'm So Excited" (I met the Pointer Sisters one year and they were very nice) and I know Alphonso sang On The Wings of Love. What did Hal and Wynonna, Cheech and Clint, and Lucy and Kenny (?) sing? If I remember correctly Jai did that "One" song with whats-his-face.
    Last edited by nilesgirl; 09-08-2006 at 02:12 PM.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl View Post
    I didn't get to hear Hal Sparks but I, too, think Carly is gone. I melted when Jai sang. God those eyes are just so intense!
    Can someone post the songs that they all sang? I know Carly did "I'm So Excited" (I met the Pointer Sisters one year and they were very nice) and I know Alphonso sang On The Wings of Love. What did Hal and Wynonna, Cheech and Clint, and Lucy and Kenny (?) sing? If I remember correctly Jai did that "One" song with whats-his-face.
    Hal & Wynonna: I Wanna Know What Love Is (Foreigner)
    Cheech and Clint: Been There (I think... dunno who sings it; maybe Clint)
    Lucy and Kenny: Whenever I Call You Friend (Kenny and Stevie Nicks)
    Jai & Bryan: Back at One (Bryan McKnight)

Quote Originally Posted by catgyrl View Post
    Hal & Wynonna: I Wanna Know What Love Is (Foreigner)
    Cheech and Clint: Been There (I think... dunno who sings it; maybe Clint)
    Lucy and Kenny: Whenever I Call You Friend (Kenny and Stevie Nicks)
    Jai & Bryan: Back at One (Bryan McKnight)
    Been there is actually a Steve Wariner song. I was surprised to see Clint play the harmonica. I never knew that about him. I thought that's the song Lucy and Kenny did but I wasn't sure. God, he looks great for 58! Jeffrey Osborne is the same age only 3 months younger (Kenny's birthday is January 7th, 1948 and Jeffrey's birthday is March 4). Cheech is 60. Incidentally, I looked up Tommy Chong's info too. Did you guys know he's 68 years old???? (July 13 (or something like that) 1938) But again, Kenny looks great for 58. He has to have had work done. He doesn't look a day over 40 IMHO.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

"Been There" was co-written by Steve Wariner and Clint Black. I don't know if it's also on a Steve Wariner album, but I have it on Clint Black's "D'lectrified" album from 1999. That album also has a song "Harmony" with Kenny Loggins.
    Last edited by clay crazy; 09-08-2006 at 03:44 PM.

David Foster looks almost physically ill listening to Little Richard. But he's RIGHT about ALFonz's annoying totally out of place dancing.
    I actually enjoy Alfonso's dancing. He's one of the few reason's I tuned into this show a second time.

I was surprised Carly wasn't the one booted off tonight but I knew Lea wouldn't make the long haul. She mimics the person she sings with too much and she was trying to sound like Belinda Carlisle. And I love Belinda but thought she sounded a tad out of practice.

Cheech and Carly will be gone soon enough. They are in the bottom three for a reason.

Hal was much better tonight. Jai is still my fav. I'm disappointed they didn't show a recap of the songs from the night before since I missed that episode.

I loved the group singing "One Way Or Another." I think everyone did a pretty good job on that one, especially since some of them only sang for short bits!

ETA: I couldn't hear what movie Wayne said Toby Keith's song was from. Didn't anyone catch the name? And I'm a country music fan but never heard of the girl who sang with Toby. She was good though. And I love Toby.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast