+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 9/7 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by dberk View Post
    I was shocked to see how young his girlfriend is and how old Leah's husband is.
    You and me both. Maybe there's hope for an old geezer like me yet.
    Do the Carlton dance.

What is Alphonso directing? Some crap on cable? Local TV in L.A.?

The AlFonz really can't help bouncing around like a pinball when he sings, can he? He's like a cameraman's nightmare. He's got one of the better voices in this lame-o contest, but he's so irritating.

Heh. I wonder if they will have Ricky Schroeder in the audience at some point for him.

And Alphonso HAS been called "too white" before Marie Osmond got to it.

David Foster looks almost physically ill listening to Little Richard. But he's RIGHT about ALFonz's annoying totally out of place dancing.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Listening to Alphonso is great and he must make the finals so we can see the Carlton dance.

How awful will Carly be this week?

Carly is like Kelly Pickler, only with 1% of the voice (and mind you, Kellie Pickler has almost no voice). Heck, I've seen better singers in the WORST High School talent contest I've ever seen, much less in the best.

Anita Pointer is classified as a "Superstar"? Come. On.

I'm starting to think that a lot of the Little Richard rambling is to give him time to figure out how to END what he's saying. He will cycle around and around until that "escape phrase" (that's at least ALMOST a pun but not quite clever enough) occurs to him. That's why his final sentence usually makes a tiny bit of sense while the rest doesn't.

That was my favorite Pointer Sisters song. Fortunately Carly was drowned out by a real singer. I'm surprised Carly is so stiff in her movements considering that she is young and a gymnast.

Time for a Marie Osmond story. My nieces and nephew used to work at Opryland during college. Part of their job was to work at the Opry House backstage during the award ceremonies (CMA, etc) that used to be held there. Marie Osmond appered on one of the shows and when she got ready to leave she couldn't find her mink coat. She threw a fit screaming about who stole her oat, she wanted it back and so on. Come to find out, she had left it on the bus.

These judges are so much like the AI judges that it's scary.

I didn't really care for Jai's performance tonight. I wonder if Carson is dressing him.

One thing you have to admit about Xena, er... I mean Lucy is that she's really got a stage presence--its a lot more convincing than Lea's. I mean she looks great up there. Very "glam".

Of course if David Foster isn't LOOKING that stage presence doesn't matter. Purely based on voice, she's got some real work to do. Mind you, at least two, and possibly three, others in this contest are much worse. And actually, I thought her ability to harmonize was great.

Since REAL TV will probably have premiered by next week I very much doubt I'll be watching though. I AM curious about tomorrow though, as the "first" results show. I wonder what they will do to fill the time. Probably something annoying, like Celebrity Group Singing. In which case I may have to puke.

Quote Originally Posted by dberk View Post
    These judges are so much like the AI judges that it's scary.
    Marie = Randy
    Little Richard = Paula
    David Foster = Simon?

Is that how you were thinking of it? One ex-musician who's arbitrary. One ex-musician who's NUTS. And a record producer who's mean?

Man, I forgot to set up the tape player and missed it! But then again, watching the results show tomorrow is probably the better deal because I'll only have to listen to clips of the performances rather than the entire performances.

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda View Post
    Little Richard needs to cut his drug intake by like 95%*. I'm so embarrassed for him.

*I'd say 100%, but come on, let's be realistic.

I thought Hal sounded great until he started screaming the chorus. I missed him singing last week so I was pleasantly surprised.

Leah could go. It was cool to see Belinda Carlisle, though. I have always loved her voice.
    Last edited by dagwood; 09-07-2006 at 10:16 PM.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

Maybe we should chug on over to namby pamby land where we can find some self confidence for you, you jackwagon!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast