+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: 8/29 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Wow, Jai ROCKED. It's like he's been performing all his life.

And seriously, Little Richard needs to put down the crackpipe. He's in his own little world.
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

Quote Originally Posted by islandcat View Post
    It will be moving to the Thursday/Friday night format next week.
    And, for those who missed it last night and who feel it imperative to watch from the beginning, Fox will re-air the two-hour premiere tomorrow night.

Krom: Loved your recap post #46! Thank you!

I taped it. Switched back and forth a bit. Not sure it can keep my attention for the same reasons as some others. A bit cheesy. I love David Foster, but what's he doing on something as stoopid as this? He already has fame and fortune. Really David.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by dcamonkeys View Post
    And, for those who missed it last night and who feel it imperative to watch from the beginning, Fox will re-air the two-hour premiere tomorrow night.
    2 hours of this? I dunno if I can sit through it. Maybe just the last 1/2 hour.
    One time I rocked so hard it killed a man

The difficulties in life are intended to make us better, not bitter.

Yikes, I watched my tape last night and thankfully it was a tape so that I could FF through a lot of filler that I didn't care to watch.

My thoughts on the judges:

I'm glad Marie Osmond is out in public and having a good time. She's battled severe depression the past few years and I hope this is a positive endeavor for her. I really like her and hope she'll sing on the show.

Little Richard is, well, Little Richard. I agree with David Foster - "I don't know what he just said".

I thought David would be the Simon of the group but he's been pretty tame with his comments (and mostly pretty accurate).

My thoughts on the singers:

Wrestler guy couldn't sing at all. At all. Good choice for the first elimination. There was a reason gymnastics girl was in the bottom two. She really isn't that good. Karoke good at best.

Cheech, sorry dude but I also don't think you sing well enough to be on the show. David's comments about you were dead-on. Watching you sing with Randy Travis made me cringe. Country is not your forte.

Xena, I mean Lucy - she is talented but like others have said, it's pretty much impossible to sing with someone like Smokey Robinson. I think she'll be in the competition for a little while.

Leah Thompson - Also not good at country singing. That fake twang was terrible. Leah is okay but a bit pitchy.

Hal Sparks - He's nightclub good but my single person jury is still out on him. He reminds me of someone you'd see on a cruise ship.

Alfonso needs a little work but he's not bad. And of course I can't wait to see him do the "Carlton". I think he will be around a little while as well.

Jai - He is the bomb. I know he's gay but he sure is convincing when he sang his duets with Michelle and Gladys. He is sexy! And he's by far the best singer in the competition.

I'll probably tape the show when I can but won't make it part of my "must see tv" schedule.
    Last edited by ArchieComic Fan; 08-31-2006 at 01:19 PM.

Archie: I agree with everything you said and every evaluation of the singers. Jai is so much better than any of the others, it will be amazing if he doesn't take it. The only one who comes close is Alfonso. It seems kind of ridiculous actually to have it so overwhelmingly obvious that he is the best. They could have made it a tad more competitive. It isn't fun to watch when it is so uneven like this. In fact, I have zero interest in seeing another episode, except for the guest singers. I'd much rather just see them sing and forget the "D" list celebrities.

I actually enjoyed the show....but again I'm easily impressed

Thought Cheech should have gone home.....
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

Holy cats! Just when I thought there couldn't be a *coughcough* talent *coughcough* show worse than America's Got Talent, along comes Celebrity Duets. Jai's good, but he's not enough to carry this stinker!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

I can't figure out what Little Richard is talking about at ALL.
    He should have just stayed home and sent his crack pipe in his place.

Hmmm . . . Little Richard's crack pipe and Paula Abdul's sippy cup -- a match made in heaven!

AGH, this show is painful. Anything that Simon Cowell makes for Fox is painful to watch.
    Obviously revenge on the U.S. for 1776.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Caught a little bit more of the show tonight. Yowza. This is painful.

Are the tv executives SO badly in need for something they had to resort to this? So much more better stuff on the other channels, I'm afraid.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567