+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 8/29 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

I like Randy Travis but that was painful.

I'd say the first one who should go is Chris Jericho. He just didn't do a very good job with either song tonight.

I have to say that I never would have recognized Peter Frampton had they not identified him.

Quote Originally Posted by dcamonkeys View Post
    I have to say that I never would have recognized Peter Frampton had they not identified him.
    I agree with you. Makes me feel old.

Quote Originally Posted by dcamonkeys View Post
    When one of your judges makes Paula Abdul seem coherent and David Hasselhoff incisive, you know you've got a problem.

Too funny.

This show gave me such a headache but I couldn't stop watching. I think Jai is the ONLY one who could sing. The rest couldn't carry a tune to save their lives. He so should win.

There will be all new professionals next show?

I'm not surprised that Chris left, but I would much rather look at and listen to him than the gymnast who had me actually cringing at times.

Both of Lucy's songs had her taking turns with her partners rather than singing with them. Marie made a comment that these are not true duets.

I understand why they want the stars to be comfortable with the song choices, but we saw how well that worked with some of the pairings. Is Simon sitting back stage saying "Wouldn't it be funny if..."?

Wayne Brady is a good choice for host. Especially if he does the Carlton dance with Alfonso.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by citygirl View Post
    Too funny.

This show gave me such a headache but I couldn't stop watching. I think Jai is the ONLY one who could sing. The rest couldn't carry a tune to save their lives. He so should win.
    Didn't Jai have a background in musical theater? I mean before "Queer Eye" and he got some fame? Or did I get that wrong.

As for Lea Thompson having been a "singer," I don't think it was her singing that landed her the role in the musical (though I think she has a nice enough voice). Stage productions often cast celebrities to attract theatergoers. Hence, you have Brooke Shields on Broadway and Teri Hatcher starring in "Cabaret" (I saw that one in Chicago and she was great in the role--but she CANNOT sing at all--she talked her way through the song).

Michelle Williams singing Destiny's Child...just showed why Beyonce was the lead singer in that band! She did a horrible job with that song--and she was the professional!

It was kinda cheesy...but I watched parts of it anyhow. What does that say about me?

FORT Fogey
    I have only one question....

How in the world do they come up with the lame shows like this one???

10 min. was enough for me to change the channel.

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane View Post
    Didn't Jai have a background in musical theater? I mean before "Queer Eye" and he got some fame? Or did I get that wrong.
    Yep. He played Angel in Rent on Broadway for a while.

This show's not on here yet, but now I'm not sure if I wanna watch this or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Justafan1 View Post
    I have only one question....

How in the world do they come up with the lame shows like this one???
    Six words: From the mind of Simon Cowell.

FORT Fanatic
    I wouldn't have even recognized Marie Osmond if they hadn't identified her. I feel old too!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast