+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hal Sparks

Hal Sparks

Actor/comedian Hal Sparks began his professional career as a teenager in Chicago. As a member of the famed Second City Troupe, his quick wit and affable personality quickly gained him recognition and acclaim.

After a successful run with The Second City, Sparks moved to Los Angeles and began performing at numerous comedy clubs, including The Improv, The Comedy Store, The Laugh Factory and The Ice House, as well as at Comic Relief’s American Comedy Festival.

From 1999–2000, Sparks was the host of the Emmy Award-winning “Talk Soup,” winning rave reviews from fans and critics alike.

For five seasons, Sparks co-starred as “Michael” on the hit series “Queer As Folk,” based on the controversial and critically acclaimed British series. In 2006, Sparks hosted the reality series “Survival of the Richest,” and is one of the stars of the hit pop culture series “I Love the ‘90s,” “I Love the ‘80s,” “The ‘80s Strike Back” and “I Love the ‘70s.” His television credits include guest-starring roles on “CSI,” “Frasier” and “One on One.” Sparks starred opposite Peter Riegert, Wayne Knight and Brad Garrett in the classic baseball comedy “Bleacher Bums,” adapted from the critically acclaimed play of the same name.

In 2004, Sparks appeared in the box office hit “Spider-Man 2.” He also co-starred in the 20th Century Fox comedy “Dude, Where’s My Car?,” “Dickie Roberts, Former Child Star” and “Chopper Chicks in Zombie Town” with Billy Bob Thornton. Sparks also provided the voices for two animal characters, a bee and a fish, in the 20th Century Fox film “Dr. Dolittle 2.”

Sparks also starred in his own sketch comedy pilot titled “Here Comes the Neighborhood,” and produced comedy segments for cable. On the stage, Sparks has performed in such productions as “The Glass Menagerie” and “Brighton Beach Memoirs.”

A native of Peak’s Mill, KY, Sparks spent several years in Chicago before moving to Los Angeles. He is an accomplished singer/songwriter and an expert in the martial arts with 20 years’ experience in Shaolin, Kung Fu, Wushu and Karate

I don't know this man, but he sounds talented. Has to lose the itty bitty beardy thing though.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

he was on a big showtime show called Queer as folk

FORT Fogey
    yeah. we have seen his butt a lot of time

FORT Fanatic
    I LOVED Queer as Folk! Oddly, me and my mom used to watch it together a lot. Yeah, the same mom who started giving me Stephen King books to read when I was 8 years old.

Now we have Michael on this, and the ultimate QAF hottie, Brian, is on the new show Vanished. So far, no butt sighting.

I lurve Hal Sparks! I can't wait to see him sing, though honestly I can't picture it!
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

FORT Fan
    He was on CSI? I must have missed that episode. But I do remember him from Spiderman.

Quote Originally Posted by DagnyTaggart View Post
    I LOVED Queer as Folk! Oddly, me and my mom used to watch it together a lot. Yeah, the same mom who started giving me Stephen King books to read when I was 8 years old.
    Sounds like you have a cool mom, Dagny! I saw him at Second City eons ago; funny guy.
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

Wow... When I tuned in to watch this last night, I was just in time to see Hal's first preformance and Jai's first preformance. I thought this show was really trying to get a gay audience.
    I thought Hal was best known for his role on Queer as Folk... It's interesting that they didn't mention it in his biography.

I have all 5 seasons of QAF on dvd and am in love with Hal. Hope he does good on this show

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast