+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jai Rodriguez

I love Jai! He is the best, i don't think that anyone else will be able to catch him in time.

FORT Newbie
    Jai was in Rent for a few years on Broadway. As a person, not the nicest. He was really good in the show (He played Angel.) Random Jai story, I was waiting for a friend to come out after the show and Jai comes out and he flips his cell phone open when he sees this large crowd of people and he walks out a few feet in front of everyone and is talking and talking and then the phone rings. He got this look on his face like omg i am getting snagged and when he realized everyone was making fun of him, he walked off.

As for the show, since it all goes to charity, I hope he wins!

He was great on the first episode, but is this a big surprise since he is A PROFESSIONAL SINGER?? Shouldn't there be some rule against this? I guess a lot of people who only know him from Queer Eye don't know he can sing, but it seems to me that people who have sung leads on Broadway shouldn't be in this competition.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Ploni View Post
    He was great on the first episode, but is this a big surprise since he is A PROFESSIONAL SINGER?? Shouldn't there be some rule against this? I guess a lot of people who only know him from Queer Eye don't know he can sing, but it seems to me that people who have sung leads on Broadway shouldn't be in this competition.
    I agree with you! I guess it really doesn't bother me that much only because they are not winning the money. And it all goes to charity. If it was that they receive the money, then I would be pretty mad. But the same thing with Lea Thompson. She was on Broadway too. ANd I think Lucy Lawless also.

Quote Originally Posted by Ploni View Post
    Well, they're all professional performers in one way or another, so what's the big deal? I'd rather listen to Jai's good singing than the off-pitch moans of Carly Patterson et al.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

To me, the fun of a show like this is to watch people who are famous for something else, but have never sung publicly, or at least professionally, take a risk. Are any of them likely to be any good? No. Hopefully one or two can carry a tune. It's like Dancing With The Stars -- I don't want to see good dancing, I want to see Tucker Carlson and Jerry Springer dancing. If someone is actually good, then it's a nice surprise. But if I want to see people who CAN dance and sing, I'll watch American Idol or SYTYCD.

Jai was totally robbed. He really should be in the finale right now. I'm still kind of in shock that he isn't!
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12