+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Alfonso Ribeiro

Alfonso Ribeiro

Alfonso Ribeiro, a native of the Bronx, New York, was raised by his immigrant parents from the Dominican Republic. Ribeiro recently starred in the Broadway Production of “Golden Boy,” playing the role of “Joe” originated by Sammy Davis Jr. In addition to his busy acting schedule, Ribeiro has directed episodes of “Fresh Prince of Bel Air,” “In the House,” and The Brothers Garcia.” He began his professional acting career at the age of 8. One of his first appearances was in the television series “Oye Willie,” a children’s program depicting Hispanic kids growing up in the barrios of New York City.

A natural singer and dancer, Ribeiro and his aunt choreographed an audition piece that earned him ranks on the “Great White Way” in the Tony Award-winning musical “The Tap Dance Kid.” After landing the starring role, he was dubbed “The Kid” and signed with Island Records, releasing several dance/pop singles for the label.

Shortly thereafter, Brandon Tartikoff spotted Ribeiro and flew him to Los Angeles, where he was cast opposite Ricky Schroder in the long-running television sitcom “Silver Spoons,” making him an instant teen idol.

After studying theater arts at Cal State University, Los Angeles, Ribeiro was given the opportunity to star opposite Will Smith in “The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air.” Following six years on the popular series, he was approached by Quincy Jones to appear with L.L.Cool J in the series “In the House.” Ribeiro directed several episodes of “In the House,” and during hiatus from the show, he attended the New York Film Academy to further strengthen his directing talents.

Ribeiro recently appeared on such shows as “For Your Love” and “One On One.” He was most recently seen hosting the popular syndicated show “Your Big Break,” where contestants compete for prizes by imitating their favorite musical performers. In addition, as a voiceover artist, Ribeiro has created memorable characters on such shows as “Spider-Man” and “Extreme Ghostbusters.”

When not focusing on acting and directing, Ribeiro spends time on the racetrack as a professional car racer. He has received trophies and medals in numerous worldwide competitions.

Ribeiro lives in Southern California

I know nothing about this man so he's behind already.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    I know nothing about this man so he's behind already.
    He already HAD a career as a professional singer and dancer (when he was a kid), so he doesn't quite fit the mold of someone who's "talent" is unknown.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

ugh thats a bad picture but I think he's a had been and don't yall remember Carlton

Okay, I probably shouldn't admit this publicly, but I had such the crush on Carlton when I was younger!
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Gah! That picture. He should sue FOX for slander using that shot on their website.

I'm looking forward to Carlton Alfonso on this show though. Out of everyone competing, he seems to have the most singing talent and experience.

edited to at Snowy's crush.

He should go on Dancing With the Stars next. Based on what he did on Fresh Prince he'd run circles around everyone.

FORT Fan
    omg, it's Carlton lol.

I was like "Who's Alfonso Ribeiro?"

Quote Originally Posted by MotherSister View Post
    Gah! That picture. He should sue FOX for slander using that shot on their website.

I'm looking forward to Carlton Alfonso on this show though. Out of everyone competing, he seems to have the most singing talent and experience.

edited to at Snowy's crush.
    I haven't a Scooby who this guy is but got interested in him from the comments about his crappy picture. Here's some other ones for old and new fans.

Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MotherSister View Post
    OMG, yes...this & Hal Sparks are the worst I've ever seen. It was like drunk monkeys took the pictures. Whomever took that second picture Lambikins posted should have done the promo shots, because that is about the hottest I've ever seen "Carlton" looking.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast