+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Alfonso Ribeiro

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    How cute was that Carlton dance last night??!! I think I replayed that segment about 10 times!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by yourefired View Post
    INow wouldn't it be too funny if they had him singing with Tom Jones on the finale? That would be classic.
    Okay, I've gotten curious enough to ask - what is the significance of Tom Jones singing with Alfonso?

It's been a long time, but I want to say that when Alfonso was on 'Fresh Prince' as 'Carlton'...Tom Jones was his favorite performer and he would do his famous dance when he'd hear Tom singing, "It's Not Unusual". Somebody correct me if I'm wrong!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    It's been a long time, but I want to say that when Alfonso was on 'Fresh Prince' as 'Carlton'...Tom Jones was his favorite performer and he would do his famous dance when he'd hear Tom singing, "It's Not Unusual". Somebody correct me if I'm wrong!
    Exactly! Tom even guest-starred on one episode as Carlton's "guardian angel" to show him how the world would have been if he weren't around, and they made up a cute song to the tune of "It's Not Unusual", complete with THE DANCE. He slowed the dance down considerably last night, but it was still great! He must have a great sense of humor to be able to do that without embarrassment.

I must confess... I started taping all the "Fresh Prince" episodes I could just to remember how he used to be, and to see the dance.

KevinColley#16 BST!!!!!!! Clayalltheway49's Avatar
    I can honestly say that I was thinking the same thing that he should have sung with Tom Jones to "It's Not Unusal" that would be the best thing ever and would blindly send votes his way!!! Way to go Alfonso!
    LETS GO ISLANDERS AND SOUNDTIGERS!!!!

Evidently, he did not need Tom!!! Way to go, Champion!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123