+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lucy Lawless

Lucy Lawless

Lucy Lawless, chosen Mrs. New Zealand in 1989, is probably best known for her breakout role of “Xena” in three episodes of the television series "Hercules: The Legendary Journeys," and her own popular spin-off series, "Xena: Warrior Princess,” which ran for six seasons.

Lawless made her Broadway debut playing “Betty Rizzo” in "Grease" in 1997. She has since had notable guest appearances on hit television shows such as “The X-Files,” “The Bernie Mac Show,” “Just Shoot Me!,” “Veronica Mars” and “Two and a Half Men.” Her latest feature film appearances include “Spider-Man,” “EuroTrip” and “Boogeyman.”

Lawless was recently seen top-lining the made-for-television movies “Locusts” and “Vampire Bats.”

Following “Vampire Bats,” Lawless guest-starred in an episode of the critically acclaimed television remake of “Battlestar Galactica,” which led to her signing on for a 10-episode arc in its third season.

Lawless recently wrapped the feature film “The Darkroom.” She will next be heard as the voice of “Goldmoon” for the animated film “Dragonlance: Dragons of Autumn Twilight,” based on the book by the same name, opposite Kiefer Sutherland, Michael Rosenbaum and Michelle Trachtenberg.

Lawless lives in Los Angeles.

Ok. Didn't Xena have dark hair? Really dark hair? Who is this woman. And can she sing? I have no idea. I'll have to tune in and listen.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Looking for a way out Bubba-Jo-Lyn's Avatar
    Yes, she can sing. She's done Broadway before I believe.

ETA: I really should have read the bio including the mention of her Broadway experience under her picture instead of just looked at the pretty picture before I posted.
    Last edited by Bubba-Jo-Lyn; 08-28-2006 at 05:30 PM.
    Remember: Mentioning Jesus in your speech: small government. Doing what Jesus asked: big government - Stephen Colbert

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut the b*tch up with cookies. (Unknown)

Bearcata has her Xena picture as an avatar. She has naturally straight, dark brunette hair and I'm not thrilled with her looks as a blond.

After being so well recognized as Xena I can see that she would have to change her looks to avoid stereo-typing and I see that she was doing sci-fi.

Lucy sang several times on Xena - there was even a musical or two. She's very good. I'll be rooting for her as my initial fave on this show.

I never watched Xena, but I have a soft spot for the great Rizzo, so Lucy Lawless will probably get some respect by association.

Okay, I seem to be confessing all my guilty pleasures today, but I loved me some Xena back in the day, and I think Lucy Lawless is wonderful (props to her "X-Files" and "Battlestar Galactica" appearances). I'll be rooting for her (though, yes, I too prefer her as a brunette).
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Wow, she is beautiful as a blonde.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

Maybe we should chug on over to namby pamby land where we can find some self confidence for you, you jackwagon!

You really think so, Dags? I don't think she looks unattractive with the new haircolor, but I think in Hollywood it makes her look like just another generic blonde. I think her dark hair used to distinguish her from the crowd. Now that you point it out, though, it does look pretty, all flowin' and wind-blown in that picture!
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

You have a good point, Snowflake. Maybe it is that I associate the dark hair with Xena and I didn't like the show. Either way she is a beautiful lady. I think it is the eyes, they stand out more as a brunette.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

Maybe we should chug on over to namby pamby land where we can find some self confidence for you, you jackwagon!

FORT Fan
    She was in Spiderman? I liked that movie but I don't remember her in it.

I hope she can actually sing cause I like her.

Also, the picture surprised me, I also expected dark hair.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast