+ Reply to Thread

Thread: About the show.

About the show.

From the official site:
    Celebrity Duets, hosted by Wanye Brady CHRIS JERICHO, LUCY LAWLESS, CHEECH MARIN,
    CARLY PATTERSON, ALFONSO RIBEIRO, JAI RODRIGUEZ,
    HAL SPARKS AND LEA THOMPSON NAMED AS
    CELEBRITIES COMPETING FOR CHARITY ON “CELEBRITY DUETS”
    PREMIERING TUESDAY, AUGUST 29, ON FOX
    WAYNE BRADY HOSTS

Chris Jericho (WWE World Champion), actress Lucy Lawless (“Xena: Warrior Princess,” “Battlestar Galactica”), actor Cheech Marin (“Cars,” “Nash Bridges”), 2004 Olympic Gold Medal-winning gymnast Carly Patterson, actor/director Alfonso Ribeiro (“The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air,” “All of Us”), Jai Rodriguez (“Queer Eye”), actor/comedian Hal Sparks (“Queer as Folk”) and actress Lea Thompson (“Back to the Future,” “Caroline in the City”) are the eight celebrities who will compete weekly on CELEBRITY DUETS premiering Tuesday, Aug. 29 (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. Wayne Brady will host the show.

Each week, the celebrity competitors – as long as they remain in the competition – will be paired with a different recording superstar among Grammy Award-winning and No. 1 artists Clint Black, Michael Bolton, Belinda Carlisle, Taylor Dayne, Peter Frampton, Macy Gray, James Ingram, Wynonna Judd, Chaka Khan, Patti LaBelle, Kenny Loggins, Richard Marx, Brian McKnight, Aaron Neville, Smokey Robinson, Randy Travis, Dionne Warwick, Lee Ann Womack and others. In addition, legendary producer David Foster will serve as a judge for the weekly singing competition. Additional recording superstars and other show participants will be announced.

The show will premiere on a one-time-only special night with a two-hour episode Tuesday, Aug. 29 (8:00-10:00 PM ET live/PT tape-delayed) on FOX. The CELEBRITY DUETS performance show will have its time period premiere Thursday, Sept. 7 (9:00-10:00 PM ET live/PT tape-delayed).

After each performance episode, viewers will vote for their favorite celebrity performers, with the outcome announced live on the weekly results show beginning Friday, Sept. 8 (9:00-10:00 PM ET live/PT tape-delayed) on FOX. The celebrity with the fewest votes each week will be eliminated from the competition. The winning celebrity will emerge from the competition in perfect harmony, and a $100,000 cash prize will be donated to the charity of his or her choice.

Simon Cowell (AMERICAN IDOL), Michael Levitt (THE BILLBOARD MUSIC AWARDS) and Arthur Smith (HELL’S KITCHEN, “Skating with Celebrities”) serve as executive producers. CELEBRITY DUETS is produced by SYCO TV, Fox Television Studios, Michael Levitt Productions and A. Smith & Co. Productions.

Thanks Fluff for the show notes! I don't think I'll get this one but it sounds like it could be hilarious. Love Wayne Brady and most every participant. This could either be a hit or a real miss.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Kicked out of the hive dzzyedge's Avatar
    Thanks for all the info about the show. I'll give it a shot, and see how I like it.

Michael Bolton? Ooh, somebody will be lucky.

This, along with other evidence such as The Princes of Malibu and StarTomorrow, leads me to believe that David Foster is really rapidly running out of money.

I'm looking forward to this one! I can't wait to hear Jai Rodriguez. I know he played Angel in Rent on Broadway, but I've never heard him sing. The only celeb I'm a bit worried about is Hal Sparks.

Love Wayne Brady. Even if the singing sucks, he'll be funny. Michael Bolton will be getting the mute button in my house.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I'm looking forward to this one! I can't wait to hear Jai Rodriguez. I know he played Angel in Rent on Broadway, but I've never heard him sing. The only celeb I'm a bit worried about is Hal Sparks.

Love Wayne Brady. Even if the singing sucks, he'll be funny. Michael Bolton will be getting the mute button in my house.
    I have been waiting and wondering and waiting and wondering WHY there wasn't a thread for this show! Yah! We have one now!!! I knew, from ads, who the participants were but had no friggin' idea that Wayne Brady was hosting it! God, I love that man!!! Always tuned into Whose Line Is It Anyway? to see him and even watched his failed variety show because of his brilliance.

I think with this line-up and Brady as host, this could be the next big show, as So You Think You Can Dance? turned out to be.
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

Doing a lap before I commit to a location
    Pardon my ignorance, but is there some sort of lead-time before a brand new show becomes a "recapped show" or does it start off recapped? I've been around the FORT for a few years and I'm ashamed to say I have no clue about this.
    Could does not mean should

Pardon my ignorance, but is there some sort of lead-time before a brand new show becomes a "recapped show" or does it start off recapped? I've been around the FORT for a few years and I'm ashamed to say I have no clue about this.

Showing off my hard-won skills as a FORT regular in a stunning display of irony.

+ Reply to Thread