+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516171819 LastLast
Like Tree258Likes

Thread: Celebrity Apprentice 5/6 Episode_Blown Away ****SPOILERS****

Re: Celebrity Apprentice 5/6 Episode_Blown Away ****SPOILERS****

A while back, some people were discussing phrases they say too much on Apprentice. I have one to add: "You were the project manager" specifically when Donald says it right before firing someone. It bugs me because it comes across as a one-size-fits-all reasoning and highlights the way the show punishes risk-taking to the point where it's not worth taking any risks at all.

I was very happy to see Theresa get the dressing down that's been overdue since the puppets task, but it was slightly dampered by that hackneyed phrase.

I wonder if Lisa realized how damning it was to call herself "this season's Meatloaf" in the interviews, when Meatloaf lost at the interview stage?
    Last edited by Badseed; 05-08-2012 at 07:43 PM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter View Post
    I got/get what you are saying. At first glance, it does seem like a diva-ish thing to do, but when I stop and think about it, it is far kinder to the pet....and why not if he has the money?

I will say, however, that the display of wealth going on between first-class and coach is obscene. If anything bothers me about a move like this, it is that. For a person to be able to afford a separate first-class seat for an animal while others are barely scraping by in this world is horrific to me. While the US economy is not Clay's doing, I do think that the display of wealth among so many who don't have the same is not the most thoughtful gesture in the world, and it does smack of a "me" mentality.....just sayin'
    You could say that about just about any celeb's behavior, and the things they do cost waaaaay more than an extra first-class plane ticket, so to me this is much ado about nothing. Many have their own private jets (not to mention chefs, trainers, stylists, personal assistants, publicists, managers, nannies, extensive plastic surgery, etc.). Beyonce and JayZ paid for a whole floor of a hospital when their baby was born, which even prevented other new parents from seeing their babies. Steve Jobs probably bought himself a liver when he was suddenly put at the top of the transplant list a few years ago. And the Donald himself bought himself some pretty gorgeous wives who would otherwise never give him a second look if he wasn't reeking of money. So Clay bought a plane seat for his dog. Big whoop.

FORT Fogey

In Clay's defense, if you travel with a dog beyond a certain size--one whose crate won't fit under a seat and that's most dog crates unless you have a really tiny teacup breed--airlines may insist you either buy a ticket/seat for the dog or have him/her ride with the luggage. Considering how many animals have come to grief because of the way they've been handled by airlines--lost, left out on the tarmac in high or extremely low temperatures for hours at a time, let out of crates etc.--I wouldn't travel by plane with a dog if he/she had to ride with the luggage either. And I guess if he was flying first class, the dog was going to as well.

Maybe it's not the most noble expenditure of money, but I agree that compared to what some celebrities have spent on other things, it's not nearly as bad as it might be. And I presume he really was concerned about the dog's health and safety and not just doing it because he thought it would be fun to do so.

[QUOTE=Jexter;4476761]I got/get what you are saying. At first glance, it does seem like a diva-ish thing to do, but when I stop and think about it, it is far kinder to the pet....and why not if he has the money?

I will say, however, that the display of wealth going on between first-class and coach is obscene. If anything bothers me about a move like this, it is that. For a person to be able to afford a separate first-class seat for an animal while others are barely scraping by in this world is horrific to me. While the US economy is not Clay's doing, I do think that the display of wealth among so many who don't have the same is not the most thoughtful gesture in the world, and it does smack of a "me" mentality. just sayin....QUOTE

Most of the people in first class are upgraded for free because they have earned it by enduring endless flights for whatever reason, business or broken families that they earn Medallion miles and qualifying miles, or they are airline employees, so no need for class warfare. I've been up there many times and I can tell you, it's certainly not like it used to be, the only thing you get if you're lucky is a bigger seat and that's good as long as it's in good working condition and still reclines. IF and I say IF there is anything else it's pretty awful. I believe the OP was saying that he took the dog out of it's crate which is REQUIRED to stay in the crate at all times, not my rule but the airline's rule or probably some sick overpaid government worker's idea of yet another regulation for no good reason. I admire him for buying his pet a seat. I would NEVER put my dog in the cargo bin. But if you are going to bring your dog onboard you have to keep it in the crate. I hate the rule but it is what it is. I am sure no one would mind him having the dog out but if there is a fed on board the flight attendants could lose their job for not enforcing the "rules"... sign, sign everywhere a sign...too many stupid rules.

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    When did Arsenio call Aubrey the C-word? I don't remember that, nor can I find a reference to it.
    I hadn't heard him say it either but read some posters that wrote that he had said that, along with the B & W words.
    Since I didn't hear it myself, I didn't and wouldn't say anything about it. But when I watched him being interviewed by Marlee Matlin, I paid close attention to her signing her words to him....I've taken many classes in ASL (American Sign Language). She definitely signed the letter C, when asking Arsenio about his name calling. So then that's why I included it in my list of names he used.

Quote Originally Posted by yourefired View Post
    I can remember hearing a story a few years back about Clay being a not so nice person. He was on a plane in first class. He took his shoes off and put his bare feet on the arm rest in front of him and couldn't fathom why the person occupying that first class seat would be upset. He played the DYKWIA act. Someone asked Ryan Seacrest if he'd heard about it on his radio show. Ryan quickly tried to change the subject but not before he implied that since leaving Idol Clay was not the same nice person America fell in love with.

I also heard stories about him traveling with a small dog and buying the dog a first class seat. He refused to keep the dog in the kennel and instead sat him in the window seat beside him. This seemed like something Paris Hilton would do not Clay.

It's hard to know what hearsay to believe, but I got the impression Clay had become very spoiled and entitled.
    "While sleeping on a plane over the weekend, my foot evidently found a home on the arm rest of the passenger seated directly in front of me," Aiken tells ET.

He adds: "Unfortunately, being that this happened on a plane, the FBI was called in to investigate and eventually we were all sent on our way. I'd like to thank everyone for their concern; I am fine and have taken steps to prevent any foot wandering in the future."
    Clay Aiken: My 'Wandering' Foot Caused Airplane Spat - Clay Aiken : People.com

Clay was asleep on a plane and the woman in the seat in front of his actually attacked him in his sleep. There is no credibility to the part of the highly embellished vicious gossip about taking his shoes or socks off. He did not play the "Do you know who I am card either". He apologized to the woman for his foot encroaching on her space and didn't press charges for her attacking him, even though he certainly could have. The man is 6'1" and I'm sure the space wasn't really big enough.

I want to know why Clay gets this treatment. It is obvious as the nose on my face that he is a decent and lovely man who does not deserve the character defaming gossip that is passed around with such glee. No wonder people are so surprised by him. They really believed all that horrible gossip. Now that he has had cameras on him 16-20 hours a day and through thick and thin he is an even keeled decent guy (you can't hide your true nature under that kind of pressure) people see what a nice guy he is and are surprised that he isn't a limp wristed sissy boy and he's not 5'2". So many rumors, gossip and wrong information out there. I bet people think all he sings are crooner songs too. There's a laugh.

One other thing. It is purely part of the vicious gossip machine that says that "He refused to keep the dog in the kennel and instead sat him in the window seat beside him." and it saddens me that it gets passed around along with other things that are straight from tabloids and either greatly exaggerated and embellished or downright lies. Since when is treating your dog like a valuable member of the family a bad thing? He paid for the darn seat and the dog stayed in her incredibly plush and comfortable doggie carrier.
    Last edited by Srsly; 05-09-2012 at 03:37 AM.
    AlwaysVeg likes this.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    I hadn't heard him say it either but read some posters that wrote that he had said that, along with the B & W words.
    I got a good laugh while watching one of the daytime court shows (Judge Alex). The defendant was trying to explain her hostile actions against the plaintiff by saying, "She called me a 'B' and a 'H.'" Judge Alex looked perplexed for a moment, then realized what the "H" word was . . . then he almost fell off the bench laughing.

Okay - back to CA discussions.
    jucamer likes this.

One other thing. It is purely part of the vicious gossip machine that says that "He refused to keep the dog in the kennel and instead sat him in the window seat beside him." and it saddens me that it gets passed around along with other things that are straight from tabloids and either greatly exaggerated and embellished or downright lies. Since when is treating your dog like a valuable member of the family a bad thing? He paid for the darn seat and the dog stayed in her incredibly plush and comfortable doggie carrier

When its one of the gossipy rags, I pay no attention to them .They used to make me angry .I am sure Clay takes it all in his stride like the classy guy he is.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Regular

For anyone who is interested, here's an interview I did with Paul Teutel Sr. about his 27 years of sobriety.

The Sober Apprentice | The Fix

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by socalledchaos View Post
    For anyone who is interested, here's an interview I did with Paul Teutel Sr. about his 27 years of sobriety.

The Sober Apprentice | The Fix
    What a great way to make a living - interviewing people that most of us just talk about on the internet! It was a nice interview. If I were choosing sides in the Senior vs Junior controversy, I'd probably lean towards Junior's side . . . but I was impressed with Paul in the early episodes of Celebrity Apprentice.

+ Reply to Thread