+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718 LastLast
Like Tree189Likes

Thread: Celebrity Apprentice 4/22 Episode_Winning By A Nose ****SPOILERS****

Re: Celebrity Apprentice 4/22 Episode_Winning By A Nose ****SPOILERS****

On the bright side - I don't see Aubrey in the finals - who does she know to bring in the money??? I think it will be Clay & Lisa or Clay & Arsenio.

If I were Penn, I would have been happy to go. All the people he did enjoy working with are gone--Paul, Dee, Michael and Adam--so its no fun being there anymore.
    I feel really bad for Arsenio, who had an excellent point when he said he didnt like being minimized which he will be with Aubrey, and Dayana who is flanked by Clay and Lisa who dont like her at all. Previews of next week show lots of crazy drama coming at Dayana.
    After seeing Lisa get out of returning to the board room again and again, I cant help but wonder if they are afraid of her and afraid to name her in any way?
    It was nice seeing George again who isnt fooled by Aubrey's constant self praise. Even Eric seems to know how Aubrey works.
    I wish I could see how things are when they aren't working on a project. Where do they go after a firing? I;m pretty sure they dont hang out together and go their separate ways.
    Shoepie, Dragonlady and jucamer like this.

From what I understand, they go home, get some sleep, and return the next morning for the next task. Not much down time.
    Check out my recaps of Dr. Who and other TV shows at http://recappersdelight.blogspot.com/

I suppose they have to stay close by. I bet Lisa and Aubrey get together to just be mean. Lol
    JunkieGirl likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by cablejockey View Post
    If I were Penn, I would have been happy to go. All the people he did enjoy working with are gone--Paul, Dee, Michael and Adam--so its no fun being there anymore.
    I feel really bad for Arsenio, who had an excellent point when he said he didn't like being minimized which he will be with Aubrey, and Dayana who is flanked by Clay and Lisa who don't like her at all. Previews of next week show lots of crazy drama coming at Dayana.
    After seeing Lisa get out of returning to the board room again and again, I cant help but wonder if they are afraid of her and afraid to name her in any way?
    It was nice seeing George again who isnt fooled by Aubrey's constant self praise. Even Eric seems to know how Aubrey works.
    I wish I could see how things are when they aren't working on a project. Where do they go after a firing? I;m pretty sure they dont hang out
    together and go their separate ways.

I have always enjoyed George! He had Aubreys number.And all her talk about her being a mini Trump.
    Last edited by Fanny Mare; 04-23-2012 at 11:15 AM.
    FireWoman and Shoepie like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    Aubrey doesn't bother me. Sure she is egocentric but she is creative. Even when on the losing team it was her effort and skill that was prominant in each task. The women did not lose because of her, they lost because the other team was slightly better. Most tasks were a very close call. If I were in the final two I would choose her to help me, absolutely.

I loved Penn's exit.
    Creative is one thing, but being a classless shrew is not needed. I work in a corporate office environment and I can tell you the shelf life for guttersnipes like Aubrey is short. People are not going to do anything to assist her hijinks. What ends up happening is those savvy enough to see her treachery give her enough rope to hang herself and sit back and watch her ignorant behind get fired or demoted.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by cablejockey View Post
    I think so - she is infamous as a roaster and they all know that she could tear them down like she tried to do with Trump.

Sadly, if they'd used their heads - Lisa would be outed for a horrible record and worse, unlike Dayana, she has contributed just about every issue that lead to the loss (this more recent one and one other the exception).

FORT Fogey

I don't think it would have made any sense to bring Lisa back to the boardroom this time around. I do agree that she's very skilled as a verbal brawler, and could take just about anyone down with fast talking (as she has in the past in the boardroom). But if Clay had brought her back, there was really nothing he could say as to what she had done to get there. If Clay had not brought Penn back after Penn admitted the tag line they hated was his, then Clay no doubt would have gone home for weak leadership. Dayana made sense for the reasons he gave - she was good in this task doing what he strength is, but is a liability going forward. If he had brought Lisa back, I don't think he could have said much beyond "I like Penn, he's my friend, so I want him to be safe". If Clay brought back anyone but who he did, I think he no doubt would have gone home himself.
    Shoepie likes this.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

I didn't love the slogan but I didn't find it horrific either. I think the executives were off the mark by saying it was pompous or whatever. There's a HUGE difference between "you earned it" and "you deserve it." That said, it is really bland.

If it had any other person who had been project manager in the same circumstances, I think they would have gone home. Trump has really grown to like Clay a LOT (mainly due to his great track record on this show and is extremely well-spoken). It was ironic that Trump said it was going to be "about this task" but kept Clay due to his track record. I don't think he could justify to himself getting rid of Dayana. (She was right about the take away and did a great pic) so he picked the only other person he could, Penn.

It will be interesting to see how the show progresses without the input of calm, non-emotional think tanks like Penn and Paul. They were both idea men without always demanding attention in the board room. Judging from the previews it's only going to get crazier.

My thoughts on the previews
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Dayana's team wins. They show that all of the drama is occuring outsideof the boardroom. At least, I'm hoping.

I do believe that people fear Lisa. The men even commented while watching the women's team in past episodes that they wouldn't want to fight her.
    JunkieGirl and Shoepie like this.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Clay's Take: The Apprentice Show Series on NBC: Clay's Take

Interesting quote here:
    I didn't wanna go up against Lisa in the Boardroom, because she had done NOTHING wrong and would NOT have been fired for that task. Therefore, the best-case scenario would have been that Lisa and I would not have been fired, but I would have made an enemy of her moving forward. Not smart! Let Lisa go free. Don't poke the sleeping lioness when you have NO weapon against her. Bring Dayana back. She might not go home, but she won't put up as violent a fight. And, she won't hold a grudge about it next week when we have to work together
    So basically... he brought Dayana back because he didn't want to poke the sleeping lioness and turn her against him. So, yeah, fear... he was scared that if he brought Lisa back, Lisa's fight would cause him to be fired. He took the simplest route to get Penn fired.

Poor Dayana. Sucks to be nice!
    Last edited by spockwhat; 04-23-2012 at 01:19 PM.
    cablejockey and Shoepie like this.

+ Reply to Thread